"Freaks & Geeks" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

So this morning a coworker says to me, "Are you the one that likes CSI?" And then she says her friend's daughter's fiancee played the "Nipple Torn Off Guy" last night. :lol: She said he had told them he played a "bad guy" but couldn't say more than that (that he was the killer).

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I liked the episode. Can Catherine worked with someone other than DB once and a while? She'll be leaving soon - why can't they have her working with Nick, Greg and Sara more often?

As for the episode - did I hear Nick call Jim Jimbo?

3. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Yes, yes you did :guffaw:
    I even played it twice, just because I was so :eek:

I liked it overall, but agree that I'd like to see Catherine work more with Nick, Sara and Greg before she leaves. Especially Nick, they were the closest and I want to see them share more time together post ep 1 blowup, which of course, has faded into nothing.

There were some good character moments, especially Nick and Hodges :lol:
    Enjoyed Cath and D.B.'s moment of back story, and was happy they stuck with some continuity with Morgan and the helicopter. It was a nice surprise for me; because of the recent reruns it had slipped out of memory a bit it the intervening time period. Kind of laughed out loud at the use of the drug propofol, what with the Conrad Murray trial going on right now, but you have to stay current with the times!

Need to watch it a second time to remember more :p

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I liked it. The needles in the lady's skin had me wigging out. I've watched CSI for how many years. That episode gave me the willies. :lol:

I did the convo's spaced out between Cath and DB. I think they sort of understand each other, they are around the same age, and have a lot in common. They seem to have the Cath/Gil vibe that Cath and Nicky almost had.

Maybe I missed something, but in the beginning the woman who died was wrapped in a canvas. With the needles in her and guys with masks on their head, etc. Part of the show. But when it was revealed that the sister killed her, the sister was alone. I must have missed how that happened. Can someone fill me in please?

All the circus stuff aside, I liked the more personal aspect of it. It was personal without being overloaded with DRAMA! Which is what CSI was 'back in the day'. I liked how we saw Catherine spilling part of her past and her bad guy attraction. (Side note, I'll be the writers and such are glad they changed Vartann's name from Tony to Lou ;) )

This was a good episode. Better than last week. But again, I probably need to watch it again.

PS the coffee snob part had me cracking up. That's what we are referred to her in the Northwest, coffee snobs. Great job incorporating that into DB's character. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  5. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Twelve seasons of CSI and I've never really cringed or squirmed at anything they've shown... that is until last night's episode.

Things like sword swallowing, contortionists, becoming a human pincushion have always irked me out, I had a similar reaction to Nick in the scene exhibiting the 'freaks'. I've never understood how people can do that to themselves for entertainment, it just creeps me out. Part of that comes from my dislike of needles, piercings and acupuncture I suppose. Oh, and just when I thought I couldn't get any more uncomfortable, they find a nipple in the guy's stomach. :shifty: :lol:

Saying that I really liked how the episode sent a message of morality without going too over the top, I thought the interview scene with the Elephant Man were great. Also loved that Catherine's arc is being pushed forwards again, I liked how she recounted past experiences and I did love her conversation with DB at the beginning of the episode. :)

I kind of figured out the killer early on, but purely for the fact that the 'relative wanting to free the victim from a bad lifestyle' killing has been done several times over the series and in other shows. I think if I was a new CSI watcher I wouldn't have guessed it as easily.

Oh and a big thumbs up for Morgan still being a bit in shock as well, mainly for the continuity from CSI Down but also I like that they don't seem to be going down the Riley 'rargh! I'm so tough' route. Loved how everyone was discussing the source of the painting and she just sneaks away and finds the answer without any of them noticing. :lol:

Despite the story not being the strongest ever and my dislike of (without meaning to be derogatory) 'self-mutilation', I enjoyed the episode, it was an improvement of last week but still not the best of the season yet. I also don't think it needed a B-case. I give it a B+. :)

Oh, and just because I say it after every episode, I seriously love Season 12 at the moment and I'm particularly looking forward to the next two episodes. :D

6. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

I have to agree with you. Of all things on CSI, that damned nipple grossed me out more than anything else. For the first time in 12 years, I stopped eating. Yes, I eat dinner during CSI normally.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Seriously! :lol: And not just that it got ripped off, but that the guy swallowed it!! Ick!

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Swallowing the paper clip grossed me out more than the nipple! :lol:

9. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I agree on the ick factor of the nipple! :lol:
    And really, you would normally assume that the guy would spit it out :wtf:
    I guess it wouldn't have been evidence otherwise :p

I loved the expressions on Nick's and Greg's faces while they were sorting through all of the stuff the guy swallowed, and the same goes for Nick and Brass when the guy started to upchuck the propofol bottle :lol:

I think that might have grossed me out the most, because I wasn't totally sure what was going to come out of the guys mouth, especially after it was Willy who said he would regurgitate the paper clip later.

And yes, I eat while watching CSI too :rommie:

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I thought the episode was rather boring...

11. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I thought this episode was wonderfully atmospheric, eerie and, well, freaky. I'll give it an A. I don't think it needed a B case. The part that freaked me out the most was when Willy had swallowed the sword and the other guy pushed him forward so that it would puncture his stomach. Ooooooooohhh.

12. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

The episode was nice a freaky. Those side shows always gross me out a little. Swords, fire, things that cause normal people pain in general freak me out. I am with most of you when you say before Catherine leaves that she needs to do some cases with Nick, Greg and Sara. I did enjoy many of Nick's reactions to the side show members and their acts. The show is greatly improved with the addition of D.B. Russell compared to Langston.

13. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

This was an interesting episode, not one of my favorites though. The idea was fascinating yet disturbing at the same time, involving a freak show in a case.

Nick calling Brass "Jimbo"? :lol::lol:, since when did he start using Brass's first name like that?

I like that they had some continuity with "CSI Down", poor Morgan :(. Finally, she and Catherine had some scenes together :)!!

Don't get me wrong, Catherine and D.B. work really well together, but I'm starting to miss her one on one interactions/friendships with Nick, Sara and Greg, especially Nick.

I'm also starting to miss Sara this season :(, I didn't expect her to be in this episode, but still..... and she was also kind of in the background last episode which sucked.

14. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Wow, what a small world!! That's totally cool! :D

When Greg found the nipple, even though it was icky, it totally cracked me up when Nick sort of flicked the ring :lol:

15. athlov

athlov Guest

Nothing seems to surprise me anymore. I wasn't grossed out at all, and I called the sister as the killer the moment they introduced her to the plot. It's kind of boring when you've seen it all or something like it before. I watched The-X-Files growing up, and I've been watching CSI since it first aired, and CSI Miami, and sometimes CSI NY. I've gotten so jaded, I think it makes it hard to enjoy the stories anymore, because there's no mystery anymore.
    I just watch for the character plots these days. I do like the addition of Ted Danson though; I haven't really paid much attention to him since Cheers. DB is quite a different role for him, compared to Sam Malone.
    Langston wasn't bad either, but I always think of Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus. :p