10x05 - 'Killer Regrets' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 21, 2011.

1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ok maybe this is a dumb question, but what exactly does O'Shay do as part of a citizen committee? What's his position and authority level inside the crime lab? I'm not really clear on what exactly it is he does.

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I'm watching it on ON DEMAND. Missed it last night.
    First off...I HATE O'SHAY. I haven't missed him or thought about him since he was last seen in, I believe, season 5. Why did they have to bring him back?
    The music accompanying the scene where Calleigh found that second sensor on the gun sounds a little like music from that Knight Rider 2000 movie.
    Carlos isn't this El Asesino.<---Thank closed captioning for the spelling.
    Geraldo wasn't in the car!
    :wtf: Geraldo is El Asesino!!!
    So Anita wasn't in critical condition. Fake out!!!
    Good shot, Horatio. But I could've probably made that shot from that close.
    Oh...gag...it's O'Shay.
    Oh. Maybe Walter will get something on O'Shay to bring him down. Then he can join Stetler in prison. Bring back Stetler. I miss that handsome, tall, brooding IA lug.

OK...O'Shay aside, I HATE O'SHAY, I liked this episode. If we had a grade scale on these episodes like over in the CSI: NY section, I'd give this episode an A+.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  3. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I actually really enjoyed this episode. It felt like the show I used to love back in seasons 1-3 and 5-7. Some thoughts:

- As much as I thought I was going to HATE to see Memmo again, and have them dredge up the Marisol storyline, they did a pretty good job about making it gang-related, and less "Horatio's Personal Vendetta Part 53". I thought I would also not like having the Mala Noche brought up again, but because they didn't overdo it with the references to Horatio/Marisol (which they always do in place of Eric grieving for Marisol, because she was his SISTER and knew her for about 30 years, not just a few weeks. :rolleyes:), it turned out well. It was nice to know that Horatio doesn't succeed in everything- sure, he tried to bring down the Mala Noche, and maybe he put a dent in them, but they're still very much alive, and other people (like Anita) are working hard towards weakening them.

- I was kind of relieved when Memmo asked Horatio to hit him so nobody would suspect he was a snitch. It wouldn't surprise me if that punch we saw in the preview was completely unprovoked, as Horatio has made it clear in the past few years that vigilante justice is acceptable for HIM to carry out. There might be some hope for him.

- Calleigh plays with guns! FINALLY! Also, Calleigh giving O'Shay the smackdown? AWESOME. And she was 100% right- remotely disabling her Hummer was dangerous. What if she was called out to a scene in a completely unrelated case and couldn't get there in time? Unnecessary casualties and injuries, to be sure.

- Anita was a badass. I really liked her. So nice for a female guest star to be in danger WITHOUT having to be a damsel in distress.

- New lab tech? No thanks. I like Dave and Travers. I don't like the new girl. She's annoying.

- Liked the twist at the end. My prediction was actually proven false- I thought the brother might've been el Asesino, or at least connected to the Mala Noche. I suppose the husband wasn't completely unexpected, but it certainly wasn't obvious from the beginning, which made the case more interesting.

- Also liked the bit at the end with Calleigh and Walter. Hooray teamwork! And scheming Calleigh...she's a sneaky little devil. I love her.

Liked the promo for next week, too- "I hate Halloween." I bet you do, Calleigh. I haven't been fond of it myself since I was about...17? Yeah, when it goes from cute kids and fun costumes to grown ups acting like drunk fools...not much fun anymore.

4. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Good point. I can't figure it out either. He's no longer in the MDPD, so what business does he have ordering the CSI's around?

5. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I really enjoyed this eppi in spite of it's been a bit too hectic even for me;)

davester64
    Good for him:thumbsup:
    But in this particular case, I think, Horatio gave too many warnings cuz he delt with cold-blooded killer not a bag snatcher.

hiphugger17
    Anita seems to be Horatio's impersonation - dedicated till the end

silentdisco
    Spoilers are pure evil:lol: I also were relieved when it turned out not to be H's usual vigilante stuff

silentdisco
    Maybe writers decided to bring a new "inside" enemy for H. But O'Shay is nothing like Stetler. O'Shay is just fussing around and bitching (Calleigh's hummer, for example). Statler was real pain in Horatio's ass, he was insolent, dangerous and sometimes so sleazy I wanted to strangle him by myself. O'Shay doesn't have a guts to confront Horartio, never had.

Memmo, Memmo, Memmo...
    Interesting character's development. At first, he was just a hitman (but lousy sniper:lol:), killed Mari, distantly, nothing personal. In "Manhunt" he was a psycopath literally. He killed that man on the boat, It looked like he enjoyed every second, enjoyed his fear, his fruitless attempts to get off. An finally Memmo drowned him not shot. As for me drowning is mach more horrible then shot. However, in this very eppi he showed his hidden side - loving father?! In "Last stand" he cared so much about "brotherhood of man" even Che Guevara could turn green with envy :lol:
    And now he's still a loving and caring father and on the top of that he out of the blue seeks Horatio's forgiveness?! What's the hell:eek:Why?!
    Geraldo is that infamous killer - great twist but this "killer loves his pray story"... a bit drug in
    This eppi should have been called "Killers are the humain beings too":lol:

6. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Was an OK episode - surprised to see Memmo so cooperative w/H - I know they (MDPD) can take away custody of his daughter from the mother, but would anyone think H would harm a child or put her in harms way?

Enjoyed the twist at the end - thought it was the brother, never thought the husband faked his death. Liked Anita and how she wasn't a damsel in distress. Also liked the Calleigh/Walter scenes - THIS is what I'm talking about when I say I want more "team" moments. Calleigh was great standing up to O'Shay - kick-ass Cal is back! Glad Walter decided not to take the bait, but Cal made an interesting proposal. I have to say I wasn't sure where that would go b/c Walter was all "by the book" w/Cal in the beginning.

It also said a lot too that Cal was the one H trusted to keep things on the downlow - for better or for worse Cal has had H's back - either by following his lead or backing up his team/decisions. She really came across as a leader and I'd like to see more of this. It could turn into an interesting storyarch. Has anyone else wondered why, after more than 12 years w/the team, she hasn't tried to move up? Just curious about that one :)

Missed Nat in this episode, though:( Well, one down, two to go for her not being there - just glad they're spreading them out a bit.

LOL thanks - and thanks to Jag Lady for backin' me up too on the Marisol thing. Bellemaria - I hear ya about it not being "humane" to remind H of the loss - but like you said, I think the whole Marisol/H thing has been way too overplayed, and I agree w/whoever said it should've been Eric's storyline and it WAS Eric's storyline in the beginning. Never bought that H was madly in love w/her and vice versa, and never will. There are way better storylines to pursue - including the death of H's parents!:eek: Can we please!!! Bring that back?? PLEASE??:lol:

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I really liked this week's episode, its the first I've enjoyed since the season started. I loved the way Calleigh handled O'Shay when she found out they interferred with her vehicle, I love her no nonsense attitude. Calleigh has never been one to be afraid to tell it like it is, good to have her back full time on the show!

Interesting twist when it was revealed that Anita's husband was alive, I never saw that coming I was sure her brother was trouble.

8. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Same here. I loved seeing her stand up to O'Shay in defense of herself and the team, just like she used to with Stetler. Go girl!

•They are really playing up on Calleigh’s maternal instincts this season. Once again we see her in a room coloring books with this little girl while the girl was being observed through the one way mirror by a child psychologist. After the observation session, Calleigh told the girl that she needs to go but the girl asked her not to leave her. Calleigh heart breakingly told the girl that she will just be on the other room and she took off her necklace and placed it on the girl and told her to hold on to it till she gets back. She also said that it’s like a part of her is still with the girl.

Since this was put in the thread for 10x5, but is a 10x11 spoiler, I'm putting a spoiler tag around it so no one is accidently spoiled - FieldMouse

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
  9. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Death of H's parents, really:confused: As far as I recall the story - H's abusive father killed his wife and H killed him, perhaps trying to save his mom. It's too gruesome. I'd prefer to skip it.
    But I have an idea - I don't thing writers want to make anybody mad constantly reminding about H\Marisol story. It seems they don't want to give up Mala Noche story and Memmo (many thanks for that). It's clear those who watch Miami are not all fans like us, they may not remember what happend in 4 season.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Well even casual viewers are now aware of Horatio and Marisol. Memmo ,while interesting is in jail,leave him there and also move on.
    Casual viewers aren't aware of a lot of situations or stories from
    the earlier seasons,some of them a lot more interesting but they aren't even thought of or seem worthy of a revisit by TPTB or writers.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  11. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

You remembered right - and while this may be a bit off-topic for this thread, I will say I think the death of H's parents is a more compelling storyline than the death of his "wife" of 5 minutes. Not b/c I want to cause H more pain, but drama makes for good TV - I mean, it is CSI, which is kinda gruesome anyway. :lol:

The reason I wanted that storyline resurrected is b/c it shows his childhood, how he became the man he is and may even be helpful in helping him return to a less "vigilante" self. Maybe he starts seeing a bit of his father in his actions - or maybe he starts thinking of his brother or nephew or sister-in-law. The man has family, the man has a backstory, and I LOVE backstories, gruesome or not. Like I said earlier, I watch "The Walking Dead" if that tells you anything. :lol:

I'm all for compelling drama, and sometimes that means seeing the characters in pain, but only so that they can come out stronger and we can see a deeper side to them.

Absolutely - I think even those who don't watch the show know about Marisol - it's not a storyline that's very compelling, and it's like TPTB are trying to make people forget that H knew her for like 2 months. This was Eric's storyline to begin with, and I will never buy the H/Marisol relationship. Next, please...

12. spencerreidfan

A storyline we haven't seen nearly enough of? KYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring him back already!

13. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

^^

I totally agree! Loooooooong tym no see. Miss him LOL xox

14. spencerreidfan

He's now the only family H has and we have to have him back, even just for one episode! Maybe with some of the troops coming home in real life they could work it into the show. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the return of Kyle!

15. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

miamirocks

I see your point. You're right a compelling drama requires character in pain, and H's parents storyline could be much more compelling than H\Mari's. Maybe it's just me but I don't want H to recall THIS partucular nightmare. You're so right — all CSIs and all copshows are gruesome, however, the level differs. This also may be an of-topic for this thread — why I don't watch Law&Order SVU. I tried to watch it long time ago but gave it up and don't want to start again, in spite of it's a great show with awesome cast and compelling plots, as far as I remember. Cuz there were all about the most horrific things: raped childrens, incest and so on. It's too much for me. So I'm glad that there are much less these stories in CSI Miami.​

In addition, I think writers missed the right time for H'parents story. It should be, for example, in season where your avatar come from (love-love-love this episode and this H\C scene is best forever:adore:).

Yeah, "The Walking dead" tells something to me but I prefer count Dracula to all undead things:hugegrin:​

spencerreidfan

Yes, I also don't mind to see Kyle and Yelina and Ray jr and, perhaps, Madison. I don't like the way they disappear into thin air. ​