10x05 - 'Killer Regrets' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 21, 2011.

1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Yea, they started the storyline about H's parents in the very first episode of Season 4 (I believe my Avatar - from "Under Suspicion" - is from mid-season 4 when this storyarch was still developing. (And it's one of my fav. H/C scenes too ;)). Unfortunately, TPTB decided to merge Eric's storyarch w/H's and pretty much left the backstory as a footnote so H could pursue Marisol :rolleyes: I've actually read interviews in which TPTB said the storyarch w/H's parents was getting "too dark" (don't remember where I read it, just remember it...), but I think they were wrong. I personally think Season 4 is where the show went wrong, and it's been kinda weird ever since. It's gotten better, but H has become very cold and distant - not the man I fell in love w/in Seasons 1-3.

I can understand why those personal types of storylines could be too hard to watch - I too don't watch Law & Order SVU too often b/c of its gruesome cases. However, with this one w/H, I think there's potential for it to be more cathartic and healing - so H doesn't become his father, in the sense of violence and vigilante justice. (Not that H's father was a justice-seeker, but that violent streak in him is starting to come out in H.)

While Miami keeps bringing back characters like Memmo, I'd rather them bring back more relevant storylines, like H's parents. Oh, and I too miss Kyle and was thinking that since the troops are startin to return from Iraq he might come back. I MISS Kyle and can't believe H wouldn't think of his own SON when facing death - how could he so easily be tempted to abandon his own flesh and blood to go and "be with" a woman he knew for three months?? :rolleyes: I don't get this H/Marisol connection and just wish it would end. :shifty:

2. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

It's strange if they said «H's parents story getting too dark». It depends on them what story they want to tell us. If it's «too dark» it's them who can make it «less dark». But, they decided not to develop that story at all. Maybe they thought that «lovestory» is more appealing to viewers. ​

I'm totally agree with you from season 4 the show started slowly changing and not for good. I love every episode of season 1- 4 unfortunately, I can't say the same about next seasons. ​

They explain H's vigilante stuff by Marisol's death. You're right it would be more interesting and deep if it was connected to his father. Alas. But, at least, they tried to explain it somehow. Cuz Eric's outbreak of violence in «blown away» remained unexplained.​

If they brings back Memmo, they can't create a new story for him — it'll be old «Mari-H-Mala Noche killed Marisol» story​

3. dmuellenberg

dmuellenberg Civilian

Maybe they do things differently down in Mexico, but anyone else find it odd that the sheriff's uniform includes high heels? She had them on when she got in the squad car to go to work in the opening scene.

4. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Calleigh and Natalia almost always wear high-heels while working on crime scene. So, why mexican sheriff can't?;)