Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I agree with you. Just typical Hollywood. :rolleyes:

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree that sexy does not equal sex, but I don't think Catherine having sex with this guy means that's all there is to her is sex. Like I said before, if this guy was just another notch on her bedpost and she had slept her way through the lab and the police dept and every witness and suspect and now had her sights on DB then I could see how people would think all there is to her is sex. Catherine having sex with this one guy doesn't negate 11+ seasons of developement that had a lot more than just sex to it.

One thing that may be missing in her life is a relationship depending on what they do with Vartann. But the way this is described as a "fling" makes me think it's not going to be about what's missing in her life or about her exit. I may be eating my words when the episodes air, but it just doesn't make sense to me to conclude this is her exit arc based on what spoilers we have.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It sounds like a fanfic plot IMHO.

Me either. They talk about how they want her to stay with the show. This is not a good incentive to stay... in fact, its just the opposite.

I really really hope Cath and Lou are "on a break" (sorry been watching Friends repeats lately lol) when Cath hooks up with the FBI guy... and that Cath will realize she wants something more. Of course IMO that something more should be her realizing she has strong feelings for Lou and maybe wants a long term relationship with him.

Lindsey is now grown and going into college. Perhaps her exit could be that Linds is moving to another state to go to school and Cath moves to that state as well so that she can be there if Linds needs anything. I dunno. But they have Cath watching DB's calls with his wife and looking like she wishes she had that with someone. I really can't figure out how having a fling with some random FBI guy that she barely knows (remember he's only supposed to have a 2 ep arc) is going to get her closer to having something like what DB has with his wife. I just don't get it. I think this storyline is a bad, bad idea... and I still think it sounds very fanfic-ish.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yes. THIS. That's why I thought they would go down the relationship route with Lou and this FBI-fling has totally taken me by surprise. Unless we are suddenly supposed to believe she has found her dream guy with whom she wants to start that family life with in the FBI dude who'll be there for two episodes...

5. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

This is exactly why it took me by surprise. When they first mentioned Cath helping an old friend I assumed it would be Cath and Lou helping the old friend. This reminds me a bit of when Liev Schreibers (sp?) Character appeared.

6. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I was meant to be a smart ass comment...hence the emoticon...

7. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

I have to wonder if Alex Carter maybe committed the most deadly in sin in Les Moonves' world and asked for more money, since he was becoming more of a regular and was part of a main plot line. This would be just like TPTB to turn around and just write him out. :scream:
    LaSquisita

8. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Agreed. I'm really disappointed about this. I agree that women shouldn't be judged by their sexuality and who they are sleeping with, but Catherine was shown to be in a (committed as far as I could see) relationship with Vartann and is now being portrayed as somewhat wistful of DB's relationship with his wife and family, and to have her hop into bed (if that is what they intend to do) with some hotshot FBI guy, cheapens Catherine. More to the point, I would rather not see Catherine's exit marred by a sensationalist storyline that echos poorer shows like Grey's Anatomy (I don't mean to offend any GA fans, I just prefer my TV without all that romantic angst). CSI when it first started to air was fresh and innovative because it looked at crime from the angle of the science. It also used a combination of drama, dark humour, team interaction and yes, a certain element of gore, but it worked! In my mind, CSI started to go downhill when it tried to compete with shows like Grey's Anatomy by luring its fans with romantic, angsty story arcs and forgot about the show's original fans who had been there since the begining and enjoyed the show for what it was.

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This is what I've been saying all along.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That Vartann and Catherine are in a "committed" relationship isn't a canon fact based on what they've shown, though, and that's what I was talking about with the Danny and Lindsay comparison on NY. Just because Vartann asked Catherine to move in with him doesn't mean they are in an exclusive relationship.

11. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

But surely you wouldn't ask someone to move in with you if you weren't in a committed relationship? :confused:

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

But have we even seen Vartann yet this season? Who knows what happened between them during the summer? I mean the show came back this season with months having passed.

13. GregNickRyanFan

That's true, but the writers should make it CLEAR if C/V are together or on a break or whatever... especially when one of tptb mentioned that Vartann and Cath's relationship would become "explosive and possibly even deadly". That would lead one to believe they are still *in a relationship*. But tptb on any of the CSI shows have always been bad at writing romantic storylines.

14. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Maybe at the time whoever said "explosive and possibly even deadly" meant Catherine and Vartann but now the direction changed and it's Catherine and hunky FBI guy.

15. GregNickRyanFan

That could be, but they should still tell the viewers the status of C/V instead of just dropping it and pretending it never even happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.