Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

I'd actually feel the same way if it were someone else besides Lindsay in the same position. It just struck me as funny that if she were to be the other one to have serious consequences to screwing up she'd be married to the other person on the team who has had the same thing happen. I'm guessing they won't go the route of her actually screwing up though and it'll be more of a case where the evidence wasn't there when they take it to court.

2. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

In all honesty, has CSI:NY become an unpleasant cross between CSI:Miami-on-the-Atlantic, with the crimes involving rich folks committing bizarre crimes, and the Danny/Lindsay show now? Seriously!

3. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

I wasn't exactly talking about this case only. You have a point here, with the whole marriage thing. But I was referring to the general feeling I'm having, via different threads and posts.

But then, again, the reason for us being a little fed up with D/L (or more then a little, in my case) might be the fact everywhere I look, everywhere I read anything about upcoming season, I see D/L. Over and over again, the same big, life-altering decissions. And I still can't get what's so unsual about two people, being married but not working in the same place? Doesn't it make them look like thousands other couples?

4. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

No it's not unusual for married couples not to work together. But Danny and Lindsay met at work, and have worked together throughout their whole relationship. They are used to seeing each other every day. Now suddenly they are not. It's not that hard to believe they are having a hard time adjusting. Or that it's putting a strain on their relationship.

5. PerfectAnomaly

Actually it is since they are both supposed to be professional, intelligent adults who have been in relationships before; but that's another argument for another thread.

I'm interested to see how Jo handles the senator not wanting her on the case. We know Mac will have it out with him, but I'm more interested to see what Jo's reaction will be.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, there's a pretty good mix here of people who like and dislike the various characters and whatnot. :) I've never been a fan of DL, so it's one of my favorite things about TalkCSI.

I'm curious to see how everything unfolds with the rape case and Jo's past in DC, especially if that Senator will be part of the storyline.

7. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

A clipping from TV Guide Magazine.

[​IMG]

8. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

I'm really loving the idea of Mac having a new love interest :D he deserves it.

9. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

I wonder if this "This season there are relationships for everyone." includes Mac. I find it rather hard to believe he would start a relationship, serious relationship without knowing The Woma quite well and getting attached to her. Don't get me wrong: I totally want him to be happy and I think he was alone for too long, but I don't think the wirters can bring convincing, well-based, not OOC love story in 18 episodes. But maybe I'm wrong.

(And I won't say anything about this short moment in which I thought: "Jo and Mac!" :lol:)

Oh, and I'm curious if it means Flack will find someone too. It would be nice and most welcomed (at least when it comes to me), though I wonder if it's not too many. Relationship for everyone? The fangirl side of my soul might have some OTPs here but... Overdose is not what I'm looking for.

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: TVguide

11. taylorgirl

post deleted

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  12. PerfectAnomaly

I can't say I'm thrilled that looking into people's personal lives equates to, "YOU get a romance, and YOU get a romance, and YOU get a romance! EVERYONE gets a romance!!" :rolleyes: I'd find other aspects of people's personal lives much more interesting.

ETA: They said Mac would pursue someone, not that he'd meet someone in the premiere and end up married by episode five. If they're going to focus on romance I don't see spreading it out over a season as too soon or too quick.

13. taylorgirl

I'd rather not see D/L's personal lives cause they annoy me to the end of the universe but it would be nice to see more into Jo and get to know her more.

14. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

My thoughts exactly.

But, tbh, I want to see Danny as sergeant; this is this part of D/L's I'm interested in, him in new role (though I am aware of existence of the possibility I might want to watch Carmine in uniform ;)). I just can't buy this whole family drama which appears to go with it.

But I am a tolerant creature, so I think I'd give them a shot. If they do not plan to play by the same bit longer than an episode or two, I think I'll survive.

15. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

@spencerreidfan Thank you for the scan.

And there I thought it couldn't get any worse :rolleyes:

The season eight spoilers in the beginning sounded promising and I felt a bit excited again especially because I'm looking forward to see Danny Messer (away from Lindsay) in a more responsible role and outside the lab.

My rather little excitement has been replaced with pure annoyance about the exec producers who obviously don't give a damn that the past few seasons had some of the worst-scripted episodes, in my point of view. All of them seem to live in a bubble and believe that the material they produce is actually qualitative. I'm amazed that CSI: NY still has such loyal and wide-ranging fanbase and there really must be something about this show that I just don't see anymore.

I wish they'd finally return to the core of the show which is about solving crimes and working together professionally. I wish they'd keep all personal matters more subtle and leave some room for imagination, so a certain tension of "what's going to happen next" remains. I wish they'd stop shoving Danny/Lindsay's relationship down our throats because I'm beyond of having enough of them. No matter how hard they try to promote them as an interesting couple, they'll always be the most boring TV pairing with absolutely NO chemistry between each other to me.

I don't want a relationship-themed season, I want a qualitative crime-solving focused season like the first four have been that kept me glued to the chair and made me love every second of it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.