Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Agreed. I know at my work place we get along most of the time but there are times we do argue and disagree and tension exists but usually we forget about it after a while.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I actually meant the father-daughter stuff, not the other. I know that wouldn't be believable.

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Wow I can't believe Ray gets to walk. I was wondering how that would all get resolved and I have to say I'm not happy with the outcome. He commits murder, screws up the team, and gets to live happily ever after with the love of his life. Hmph. Nope, not happy.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, that doesn't sit well with me either. Not because it's Ray, but because he did something against the law and he should have some consequences due to that just like Cath and likely Nick have to face consequences for it. They should not have to pay for what he did while he gets a happy fairytale ending. If Cath and Nick didn't get demoted, I'd be fine with Ray getting a happy ending. I just don't like the fact that they get punished and he gets a fairytale ending LOL. That just really doesn't sound right at all. Hopefully he at least gets FIRED rather than resigns. To be honest, as much as I loved Warrick, I also wasn't happy when he got away with basically causing Holly's death by leaving her alone at the scene to go gamble on company time without getting at least a temporary short suspension or something. I'm not happy with the idea of Brass getting away with tampering with and/or withholding evidence either, as much as I adore him.

Yeah, if they don't at least say he was fired, I imagine tptb will be getting a lot of angry letters on this subject LOL. Mostly I'm just annoyed right now, but will wait to see how it actually plays out before I get too upset. But I would imagine some people are going to be a lot angrier and they will probably let tptb know it too LOL.

5. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

How nice for Ray...

Not fair for the others though.

I can see why Catherine would take her anger out on Nick - she has known him the longest and he is the assistant supervisor. But I don't like that idea. If Nick is going to be a part of why she leaves, is it because they don't get along anymore? That I wouldn't like at all. I've always loved these two and how they work together and how Catherine calls him Nicky.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Especially after that scene in "Targets of Obsession" where they hugged and he said, "How about I take care of you this time?" I really don't think this is going to be the reason for her leaving.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I don't think so either. I keep thinking this won't play out as catastrophic as the spoilers are making it sound. Or maybe because that's what I'm hoping. I really like the relationship Cath and Nick have, and when she leaves I want them to be happy with each other and for her to still call him Nicky :). Plus it pisses me off that Ray made this whole mess and will be happy in lala land with Gloria while Cath and Nick are at odds with each other because it all went down in their watch.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think in reality what could happen is that Ray takes full responsibility, and doesn't involve Brass, so IA fires him (or 'encourages' him to resign). And the DA probably feels he couldn't get a conviction, or doesn't want to, so no criminal charges are filed.
    I'm not too worried about Nick and Catherine. There's bound to be some tension with all this; it would be unrealistic if there was none; but I think it will all settle out just fine. Tptb like to crank up the angst, especially when a character is leaving. (GSR was pretty much destroyed completely before their happy ending.)
    I'm more curious in how it plays out between Catherine and Brass. I'm not sure how their relationship will hold up.
    There are really two issues here: Ray's actions and Brass'. Ray's will be dealt with quickly, it seems (he leaves, Cath and Nick? are demoted). But Brass' actions are really what compromised the whole team and put Catherine in an awkward situation. Apparently the CSI's procedures are scrutinized more thoroughly and a new boss brought in, but it's the cover-up that may have more lasting effects on the CSI's. I hope these ethical issues are brought up now and then and not glossed over quickly or forgotten.

Only one week to go!

9. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I still find it very disturbing that a franchise that seems to be so against vigilante justice and revenge killing is giving Ray a happy ending. If another victim's relative had murdered Haskell there would have been the Big Damn Moral message about how wrong it was and how the person was a murderer and deserved to do the time for commiting the crime no matter how evil Haskell was. But Marty Stu Langston walks away a hero and gets the girl. :rolleyes:

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Why am I still not impressed. :wtf:

And then, now we supposedly get Catherine going off the grid? Protecting the people she cares about? Or has that spoiler been squashed? :confused:

Of all the ways to send Catherine off...... :rolleyes:

12. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

What relationship? Catherine and Brass used to be good friends but since S10 they've acted like they barely know each other. And it just got worse after she busted Haskell out of prison.

13. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

At least he's gone. You would think with this crowd that would be a positive.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

"Marty Stu"! :lol:

You're right on all of that. I'm just going to wait and see how they do it. We still don't really know. I'm hoping for some sort of resolution like when Riley left and they were all biting each other's heads off for about the first 10 minutes and then it was fine. :)

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

IMO, no more Ray is a positive, but overall I'd like there not to be this raging double standard about who can take the law into their own hands and who can't. I don't like it when one character can screw up years of a consistent message. ETA: Actually I should say three characters because I'm talking about the franchise as a whole. Horatio Caine and Don Flack, I'm looking at you.

Yeah, I'm hoping that it all plays out better than I'm imagining it will and that the information we have is misleading.

I honestly don't think being pissed at Nick will factor into Catherine leaving. The whole Ray debaucle will probably be a big reason (guessing anyway) but I highly doubt Nick personally will be a deciding factor. As much as I like to see conflict from time to time because it's realistic and very human I don't want Catherine leaving to end up a Catherine vs. Nick scenario. Not that I think they'd reduce it to that, but anything is possible at this point.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.