Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

It seems to me that this particular thread has lost it's way a little in the last few weeks. Instead of being here to discuss issues relating specifically to Horatio Caine and David Caruso, which is what I understand this thread is for, we're getting people sharing photos, and discussing spoilers for season ten episodes. Surely there are other specific threads for those things? I'm not a moderator or anything, but could I ask that people please use the right thread for the right thing? Like TnLance and others, I want to discuss relevant things on this thread, without having to scroll my way through photos and spoiler alerts to do so.

Having said that, I feel I need to continue a little 'off-topic', as it relates to what has gone before.

I would like someone to explain exactly why TnLance has been asked to leave the board. Although I don't know what he has posted in other threads, there is nothing he's put on this thread as far as I can see that is 'offensive' or 'wrong' or contrary to the rules (although I personally think there was a little petulance and over-reaction on his part - sorry TnLance - but that now seems to have been cleared up in this case). People are people; we express things in different ways, and we interpret things in different ways; we have differing ideas and opinions, none of them more or less valid than another. If something goes wrong, surely we can talk it through sensibly and sort things out - which is what TnLance, Rizzoli and others seem to have done (although I wonder if this was the place to do that, rather than off the board via PMs, etc).

OK, I'm done. I just felt the need to say this, and I hope you're OK with that. If not, please PM me and we can talk.

I look forward to the thread getting back on track - I don't actually know anyone personally who shares my love of CSI:Miami and DC, so it's great to have people here to talk with about something (someone!!) who is obviously dear to all our hearts.

Jude

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

This thread can absolutely be used to post pictures of Horatio and to discuss spoilers relating to Horatio. It's been this way for years and all the other character threads function in similar ways. Yes, spoilers are usually discussed in the Spoiler Lab but they can be discussed anywhere else as long as people are using the spoiler code, and it's perfectly fine to discuss them here if they relate to Horatio--which they do.

That being said, this thread has gone off track lately, but not because of spoilers and pictures.

No one at this juncture has asked him to leave the board, and no one has to convince him to stay. Had he been removed in any way, his ability to post here would be nonexistent.

You're welcome to use this forum and this thread to discuss both of those topics. Your love of Horatio isn't the problem; it's stuff like this. If you wish to discuss an issue you have with the staff, PM the staff and we're more than happy to clarify any misunderstandings. But bringing it here and demanding that everyone convince you to stay isn't helping you to talk about Horatio and CSI:Miami, y'know?

It's up to you whether or not you wish to continue your membership here, it's not up to the rest of the members. We've all patiently extended the invitation to jump in on the discussion, so I would advise you to do just that and you shouldn't have any problems here.

I would suggest that this thread be used for the discussion of Horatio/DC from this point further (which does include spoilers/pictures/the actor/his roles/Miami etc.). Should anyone think of a Horatio topic not being tackled that they would like to separate in order to concentrate discussion about it, feel free to begin another thread. This general thread is sort of a 'catch-all' of stuff about Horatio and David Caruso where fans can convene. It doesn't have to cover just one aspect of the character or actor, and most people over the years have felt comfortable just using this thread, but again, feel free to branch off into more threads to discuss single topics (given that there aren't duplicates) if you'd rather not do it here.

If you have any questions or comments, please shoot me a PM so that this thread can continue uninterrupted.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Is the promo considered a spoiler? I mean, if its shown on tv, then that makes it not a spoiler, right? Cause I wanted to comment on that, but not sure if it should be behind the spoiler bar or not LOL.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  4. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

My misunderstanding, for which apologies. I've seen other threads specifically for spoilers and pictures, and assumed the two were kept separate.

OK - again, just commenting on TnLance's previous post where he said he had been asked to leave.

Thanks for clarifying, Finch. Subject dropped as far as I'm concerned.

Bear in mind that here in the UK we're a whole season behind, and frustrating though it is, some of us don't want ANY spoilers in advance!

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Good point. I keep forgetting that not everyone on here is in the US or Canada and has to wait longer to see the newest episodes, including promos.

6. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

For those living outside the US - have you not tried links without geographic copyright restrictions? I know there are a few. Their names escape me right now, but they do exist.

7. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

OOOokay.

For the record, said poster threatened us with legal action after an altercation with another poster (who is allegedly from another board and they have issues over there.) I pretty much told the guy to leave his problems there and also told him what he could do with his legal threat.

He then PMed me back and asked me to close his account, and listed his complaints against our site and against me. This was yesterday. Pretty much, I don't close an account straight off in case someone has second thoughts, and even though this poster has proven to be a problem and tremendously thin-skinned online, I decided to see if he would reconsider.

Well, I guess this passive-aggressive p.o.s. post by him is evidence enough to take him at his word. Just wanted to let you know that he *wasn't* kicked off, he *asked* to be removed.

8. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Who'd be an administrator, eh? Glad he's 'withdrawn' himself - I had to work quite hard not to hit back at him, because I found his stuff left a bad taste on what is normally a lovely site. You keep up the good work, and we'll try to get this thread back on track.

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Now to the thread title/topic.
    daisymay, I love, love, love, love your avatar. That is such a great pic of David as Horatio. I'm pretty sure that's Horatio. I can't think of any other characters David has played that are as fond of or wear sunglasses as much as Horatio. If you ever change avatars, don't be surprised if my avatar changes into the one you currently have. ;) :)

10. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Glad you like it. Definitely H, though I can't actually remember where it came from.

11. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

*pokes head in* So, what I miss? =3

Sorry to drag that whole debacle up again, but I'm glad TnLance is gone. I left the CBS board because I got fed up with his...uhh...rambling. Plus, I came really close to starting a ridiculous argument there...and I almost did the same thing here, and I'm sorry.

Well, that's only part of the reason. The other reason is that I was getting way too immersed in the fandom, and I had to get away from it. TV shows are not something to obsess over. They're nothing more than entertainment.

...ANYWAY...

I now return you to your regular discussion. Carry on, nothing to see here...:evil:

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Thanks for the pictures! :D I love the stuff from the earlier seasons 1-3 in re his wardrobe. I'd like to see less of the overcoats in season 10, though and some more color. Love when he wears white. :)

If the investigator knew of his questionable actions lately, his service record wouldn't seem so spotless (officially, it pretty well is). I think Natalia would agree that threatening a suspect inside the Hummer and refusing him medical treatment at that moment, not to mention having his team member witness said actions would be considered unbecoming of both a leader and an officer. He put her in a precarious position when he did that.

Although, like mjszud mentioned (if I recall correctly!), this investigation might be regarding issues we never saw or are new; I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. I just think that if they're going to go down the whole 'bringing down the good guy despite his innocence' route like many shows have done, it'd add another dimension if the audience weren't entirely sure of his innocence.

That being said, I think that as a whole, the character should end as a hero rather than a vigilante, because that's what he's always been. The good guy. I actually do like that it's not so black and white anymore because it does add some depth to his character, and I can understand why Horatio's starting to get frustrated with these bad guys to the point of skating by the rules to make sure justice is served. I just hope that this investigation does cause some pause for him though, so that he doesn't go over the edge. It should be an interesting storyline to see play out. :D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  13. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I watched David in a movie over the weekend and he looked mighty fine just a pity he got beaten up in it though but i flipped out when his name appeared in the credits at the start holy cow!!!

14. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

15. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

If it has lost its way then lets get it back on track.:thumbsup: There is an interesting CTV premiere promo on the Spoiler thread. I could watch it over and over again.:drool:

Anyone want to talk about it. Just remember that if we talk here we must use spoiler boxes so as to respect other people who don't want to know anything in advance.