Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I also don't think the fact you're disabled even comes into this, if you're unhappy with certain comments, ignore them. This is talkCSI, not the FCC newsletter.

Hopefully you'll decide to come back, because talkCSI is actually a really nice, friendly, and fun place, but when/if you do come back, maybe try to be more of a team-player :)

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^^ Yup.

I had some thoughts about the latest Horatio spoilers we've been given...

"~ Someone higher up in the chain-of-command believes Horatio's latest actions aren't in his team's best interest. He continues to ignore procedure and is putting his team in jeopardy. Walter is approached to 'cooperate' with the man and possibly give inside info on Horatio."

Could this mean that Horatio will finally be brought to task for some of his questionable actions last season, or do you think it'll be someone just out for blood and Horatio's name will be cleared by the end of it?

I think that if the higher-up's claims are legitimate, there should be some cooperation from Walter, as well as from the rest of the team. I don't think they should hide anything if Horatio's doing the wrong thing and they were a witness to it. But I also don't think that he should volunteer additional information that has little to do with the investigation. That being said, if the guy's just out for blood and his claims are reaching or are invalid, I'm sure Horatio will be cleared by the end of things. It'll be interesting to see the ripples of this investigation and how he might look back on his previous actions and his future with the department.

What do you guys think will happen?

Also, does anyone have any Horatio screencaps or know where I can find some? I'm trying to get back to making some Miami icons but my folder is seriously understocked. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  3. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I have little doubt that this will be brought on by someone who is out for blood, and we have a pretty fair idea of who it will be. But I can't say that they are wrong for bringing it up. I think that whatever info Walter provides them will be used to some horrible extent and may end up backfiring on him the way it did for Ryan, Eric, and Natalia before him. In any case, I'm hoping Horatio will be shaken enough by the investigation to go back to relying on evidence instead of beaten suspects, especially if he finds that members of his team don't have his back when he does that sort of thing.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm wondering what 'latest actions' is even referring to. Are we talking 'last season/prior' actions, or will H have done something else in the first 4 episodes of the new season?

5. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I think that some things from the recent past may come out, but I also believe that this is a case of looking for blood and we already know who is behind it. The very rich and powerful man (with fingers everywhere and great political power) who doesn't want his son to have to pay for his murderous hobby. He wants to stop Horatio and his lab from getting his son and will therefore stop at nothing to remove them as a danger.

I know people want Horatio to be brought back under control, but I don't think TPTB want that. They think it will be more appealing to younger viewers if he is a maverick. I just hope, especially if this is the last season, that they don't bring Horatio down as that would be a horrible way to end the series.

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Sorry. No Horatio screencaps. Wish I could help you with that. :(

I love Horatio. But I'd love to see him have an epiphany and realize that his failure to follow proper procedure is horribly inappropriate and indicates not only very poor judgment but a sincere lack of leadship for his team.

Walter is the newest team member so I can see why he would be the one the higher ups would target for help. But I'd really hate to see Walter put in that tough position. I think he is a very honest man and something like this will be a very heavy burden for him. I also believe that Walter will do the right thing while being put in a very difficult position. A position both Natalia and Ryan should identify and sympathize with.

It will be interesting to see who this individual who asks Walter to cooperate is and if his intentions are pure or if he has an agenda.

Almost every member of the team has witnessed Horatio cross the line and said nothing. They all been complicit with their silence and Delko has been an actual participant in several instances.

At some point this has to catch up with Horatio. In fact it's gone on way too long as it is. It is in everyone's best interest for the problem to be addressed.

Maybe the team can get one up on the investigation by staging their own intervention. Now THAT would be an episode that would be interesting.

I do agree that if it's a legitimate investigation, it will be very interesting to see where it goes for Horatio and the team.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Finch, I have a few in my photobucket. They're not recent though. There are a few in this album (only on the page I linked to): Addiction

[​IMG] One from "Legal"
    Another one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some from "Pirated": one , two, three

"Shootout" just a few on this last page. I think I originally had more screencaps uploaded, but then ran out of room, so I deleted some... but then I decided to get a subscription to Photobucket and I forgot to re-upload the caps LOL. And I don't have them on my laptop, so I can't re-upload them right now. And here are a few from Under The Influence. I hope this helps. Sorry the resolution isn't that great. Feel free to use any of the non-Horatio caps as well. :)

8. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

To Rizzoli & everyone else:

Perhaps I wasn't thinking when I made my comments, and yes, I may be "somewhat" behind the times as far as morals are concerned. I know I'm not in business and electronics, but maybe I need to take some time and focus about today's morals and the way people think today.

I do believe this, an individual has the right to think, say, and believe what they want. That is a part of the freedoms we have in the United States. People in public office are on different sides of the fence, but they do get along and respect each other in the end, and we have seen this with Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.

Rizzoli has ask me to be her friend on this board, and I accepted. I have started watching Rizzoli and Isles on TNT because I think it's a fantastic drama show. I'm sort of new to the show, so it will take me some time to get more familiar with the show, "Rizzoli and Isles". I'm of course, a big "Crinimal Minds" Fan.

I'll tell ya what, I going to give this board another shot, let me sit back and watch the postings, and if I have something I feel that is worth while to say, (without upsetting others), I'll post it. Let me stand back for a bit and get comfortable with what is being discussed, allow me to accept romances between characters on shows, and if someone post something that I disagree with, I'll just keep my mouth shut and I will not say or post anything.

I promise all of you good people that when I make a post in the future, I'll make it as positive as I can. I need all the friends in the world I can get, and I apologize for my behavior. I do much better in the future.

TnLance

9. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Glad to hear you're giving it another shot, its always nice to have new people who enjoy the show coming to the boards and sharing their opinions :D :thumbsup:

10. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Can someone please show me how to make a spoiler box? I'd love to share my thoughts on 10.05.

11. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

You can learn all kinds of interesting things in the introductory thread where they have a rules, help etc...

In short though, you call up the reply box and then type what you want to say. You then highlight all of what you typed that is part of the spoiler (does not have to be everything you wrote if not everything is a spoiler) and then look at the icons across the top of the entry window. The last one is a little yellow face with an X over its mouth. Click on that and it will put everything you highlighted in spoiler quotes that post as a spoiler box.

I learned this by trying.

12. fanilowchick

Thank you so much for your help, DCHC4ever :)

On 10.05: I really doubt these 'questionable actions' of Horatio's will be anything groundbreaking, nor will they have much impact on his team/career. Horatio's service record and abilities as a team leader are flawless and it would be a huge disappointment, as least IMO, to his fans if he were suddenly persecuted for being some kind of 'bad cop'. Horatio is a hero, and he needs to go out that way.

I really hope Walter doesn't pull a Natalia and become the mole. He's one of my favorite characters, but sadly unpopular among fans, and I've been rooting for him since the beginning. He's just now began to find his groove, his own little (well, BIG) place among the team and I'd hate to see him fall out of grace with them. Stabbing Horatio in the back would be the worst thing he could do; the team would no longer trust or respect him after that.

I'm excited for the return of Supervisor O'Shay and I'm curious to see how he ties in with this politically connected millionaire and his psycho-killer son.

13. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

You are very welcome Fanilow and glad that you are able to join the discussion.

I agree with you that Horatio is a hero and must good out as one or a lot of fans will be unhappy and even angry. I think though, that they may make it very tough for Horatio because they have come up with a very difficult to beat bad guy, they have resurrected old enemies and they have brought in a new IAB detective, whom I suspect may be the one that approaches Walter. Like you, I hope Walter does not turn "mole" because he is developing into an interesting and entertaining character. Maybe he will act as a double agent, pretending to be the bad guys' mole while really trying to get info to help Horatio. That would be good and give him a very interesting story line.

14. fanilowchick

I didn't know there was going to be a new IAB investigator. Do we know anything about him?

I agree, that would be a good story for Walter. I certainly think he's smart and a good enough detective to do it.

15. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

LISTEN UP EVERBODY!

We'll this maybe my last message on here. I got an email from an administrator (T'Boze) who wants me off this board, why (I chuckle) I don't know why. We'll they have also turn the CBS Community Board to Facebook. So now what do I do if I want to talk about CSI-Miami and Horatio? There no where for "Ole Uncle TnLance" to go. I had planned to stay here with a Pep Talk form Rizzoli!

My love has been in Radio Broadcasting for all these years, so here's how I feeling tonight. Going back to my "Hippie" Days of Long Hair, but still cared about poeple.

So I go back 31 years ago and play three songs from, WQKB-FM, ROCK 106, CRANK IT UP! The first radio station I worked at 31 years ago. Long Live the days of, "AOR", Album Oreinted Rock!

I dedicate these songs to my favorite actor of all time David Caruso ( I love ya man!) They won't let me salute you anymore!

1. Cat Scratch Fever: Ted Nugent
    2. The Zoo: The Scorpions
    Finally the day the music died (hello this is TnLance from ROCK 106)
    3. Final song: Don McLean's: American Pie (Bye, Bye, Miss American Pie, the day Talk CSI killed off TnLance!)

Whew: I hang up my headphones, push the mic away from me, and say if you want to contact me, my email address is wmroradio@gmail.com if you want me to stay on this great board.

"When the music end's turn off the lights": Jim Morrison and the Doors was the last song on ROCK 106. Then nice people like me are removed from speaking about Horatio Caine/David Caruso, the man who will always be #1 in my book!

Well, so long and remember "Lovers never say Goodbye"!

If some of you would say something to let me back on here, I would appreciate it.

For the last time (goodbye) tears!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011