Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

They are not fighting over Danny. And she isn't bitching at her at either. She is wanting to know why after everything Danny has done for her would she treat him this way and try to ruin his career.

I wonder if people would bitch about this if it was Flack instead of Lindsay trying to get answers out of Officer Chambers? And by that I mean as a friend wanting to know why, not as a cop questioning her.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Lindsay is arguably the most polarizing character on the show. There are people who love her and people who hate her. People on both ends of the spectrum are going to view her depending on their individual perception of her. When confronted with a fact or statement about any given character, people who like hir are more likely to take a positive view of everything ze does, and people who dislike hir are more likely to take a negative view. In the case of Lindsay, people's opinions have been formed over multiple seasons. There are years of background when it comes to why someone likes or dislikes her, and that's going to have an effect on how people view new information and situations involving her.

It's not personal, it's a fictional character - Lindsay isn't going to get offended if I assume (for example) that I'm going to be annoyed when she runs in with the Key Piece Of Case-Solving Info for the umpteenth time. *shrug* It sucks when people don't like a character I like, but that's their right. I'd love it if everybody adored Jo as much as I do, but I know they don't. I think it would be great if everybody wanted Adam to get more screentime because that's how I feel, but that's not the case. Opinions against these characters might not be as strong as the ones against Lindsay, but unfortunately, that's just the (bad) luck of the draw. In another fandom, my preferred characters and pairings are really popular, but there's also a significant portion of the fandom that can't stand them. Preferences and favorites are a divisive topic, and we'll probably never really understand what makes another person love/hate a character we hate/love.

Spoilers are never a complete picture of what happens in an episode, and in a lot of cases, they lack context. You can't really blame someone for misinterpreting spoilers when they don't know what else happens in the episode. They only know what they read in this thread, and they can only form opinions based on that.

Having taken a glance at the spoilers, including some that vegaslights presumably hadn't seen when he posted about the episode last night, here's another version:
    8.04 "Officer Involved":

~ The episode seems to pick up where episode 8.03 left off. Danny wakes up on the ground and looks around, seeing a dead body and feeling blood on his head. He notices that his ankle holster is empty, and Officer Lauren Cooper is holding his gun nearby. Two of Danny's other rookies, Officer Cates and Officer Foley, tell him what happened: a couple of guys started a fight, and they hit Danny over the head with a bottle. One of the guys pulled a gun and shot at Lauren, and she took Danny's gun and fired back. She killed the man in self-defense.

~ Lindsay comes to the scene and tells Danny she got a babysitter. Danny says she doesn't have to worry about him, but she says she wants to get some dinner together so they can spend a few hours not worrying about what's going to happen.

~ The team finds GSR on the victim's sleeve, but there's no sign of the gun. It looks like Lauren, Cates and Foley are hiding something, and the CSIs need to figure out exactly what happened because Danny was unconscious during the shooting. The search for the gun gets more urgent when it is used to kill someone.

~ Adam works the scene. I see everyone but Sid (although he could still be there, of course). Later in the episode, Lindsay confronts Lauren about whatever she's hiding, pointing out that Danny's career could be ruined.​
    Great, so much for Lauren being a potential friend. :rolleyes: I should have known not to get my hopes up. I figured it wouldn't end well with Jeananne only signed on for two episodes, but still. (Sometimes I wonder if there are any ~good cops~ who aren't on our team.)

3. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Oh, of course Lindsay has to rush to Danny's rescue because Danny is too weak and ineffectual to look out for himself. And I'm sure that scene won't read like jealous, territorial clit-jousting at ALL.

Oh, and she browbeats him into dinner and gets butthurt when he doesn't capitulate to her demands. If I thought for one nanosecond that Lindsay were capable of thinking of anything but her own needs and happiness, then this scene could be interesting, but because she has routinely demonstrated an appalling selfishness in the past, I fully expect a scene that should be about a wife trying to support her husband to read as, "BAWWWW! What about ME? Reassure ME! You're responsible for ME and Lucy, and if I'm not happy, then neither will you be. And I want a nice dinner where I don't have to think of your constant fuckups."

And no, I wouldn't be as critical of this scene if Flack were the one to confront Cooper instead of Lindsay, because Flack doesn't have a vested interest in the outcome as Lindsay does. Flack and Danny might be good friends, but I have an inkling that the friendship has cooled. Even if it hasn't, Flack's immediate personal future isn't so intimately tied with Danny's.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I really hope we see Reed and Sam again. It would be neat if we saw Mac going to visit Reed at the end of the episode where there's the 911 flashback.

5. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't think she goes to rescue him, he's already out of danger when she shows up. Not sure I'd call it 'browbeating' either myself.

Where'd someone see something about Lindsay arguing with the rookie? I can't find that spoiler.

I also hope we see both Reed and Sam again before it's over. I'd be extremely happy if Reed was in the tribute ep, but I doubt he will...at least maybe we'll see him and hopefully Sam again, though.

I also want more about Louie...it's been way too long with no mention.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  7. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

He might be out of physical danger, but his career is still threatened at that point, so yes, by cornering the rookie and guilt-tripping her like Castiel slumming in a hoecake meatsuit, she is trying to rescue him, however hamfistedly.

And "pushing the issue"=browbeating in the Lindsay lexicon.

8. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I'm going to New York to see the filming of CSI: NY in Brooklyn. I'm not sure if I'll see anything or if anyone will be there, but if I do catch a glimpse of the action I'll be sure to post pics! :thumbsup:

9. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

supaa dupaa!

10. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

That would be awesome. Have fun!

11. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

My question was aimed that those that were implying that Lindsay would be impeding an investigation by talking to Officer Cooper. What I was trying to figure out was if Lindsay was swapped for Flack would those people be just as critical and accuse him of impeding an investigation?

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

He'd get called on it just like Danny did when he did it with Hawkes. The difference is Flack would be doing it for unselfish reasons - to help Danny - and I'm guessing Lindsay will come off like she's marking her territory. If the scene doesn't come off that way I'll admit it. I prefer it didn't come off that way, but based on the spoiler and Lindsay's past behavior and the way DL has been handled from the get go I'm not optimistic.

13. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

:guffaw::lol: You crack me up.

*clears throat* Ahem.

What gets me about this site is that it is really, I mean really anti-Lindsay. I mean, seriously. I was talking about this with someone the other day. One time, someone here called Lindsay an idiot. No one said anything. And then the same person called Jo an idiot, and got in trouble for badmouthing a character. Then she said,"I can call Lindsay an idiot, but not your precious Jo? Bias much?", or something like that. And I agree. Usually I would say that the mod just missed the post about Lindsay or whatever but it happens all the time so...

Anyhoo...I really hope we get spoilers about Flack as well. He needs some love too. :)

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Let's back away from the "so-and-so said this about Lindsay" and "so-and-so say this about Jo" pettiness and get back on topic. Thanks...

15. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

This was tweeted three hours ago.

Source: http://twitter.com/ericlommel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.