Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #16

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Dizzney, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't know, maybe. I can kind of see Hodges being the one to say it though. Younger Greg would have wasted no time in saying it, but I'm not sure if he would now. You know someone has to say it though... if they don't, the writers are missing a funny opportunity lol.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

:lol: That would be funny but I can see probably them giving that to Hodges since they seem to give him all that stuff.

I'm still hoping we actually see Greg in the season opener. I really need more spoilers for that first ep, because so far nothing I've seen gives me much hope for much Greg.

3. Dizzney

It's weird that I have not seen them reschedule to repeat "AKBF" yet for this summer. It got decent ratings when it aired. I wonder when they will reair it.

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Boy it's been slow around here for Greg/Eric lately

Oh oops yes Ted :lol: and yeah I think it would have made more sense if Greg had been doubting Ray, it's not like they were close or anything

Ugh!! Yes agreed

Ugh!! That too, if didn't know any better I'd say the ptb were getting ready to drop Greg too that season

Yeah the earlier seasons Greg would have asked about it, but I could see Hodges
    or Catherine, Sara, or Nick since it looks like they'll work with DB and I'd say Greg and Morgan work together on the B case, hopefully Greg will interact with DB in the 2nd ep

I'm thinkin' they'll air it on a Saturday night later this year, plus Spike will hopefully start airing season 11 sometime within the next month

Next week they're reairing The List and the week after Hitting of the Cylce, good episodes for Greggo :adore:

5. Dizzney

I am so hoping that is the case in the season premiere. Then I would be very happy.
    I just find it interesting they have skipped around it. It did fairly well ratings wise when it first aired, so I wonder why they are holding it off.

6. sabresarah

sabresarah Victim

I feel like the writers/producers just hate Eric or something... like they took away his livelihood in character (he used to be so funny in the first seasons!), they practically forgot to put him in season 9... he always works the B cases, and like Dizzney said, they haven't re-aired AKBF, a pretty Greggy episode... I swear they just don't like him that much! :(

And really, they should... he's like the only reason I actually watch repeat episodes.......! He's the reason they get my views! (And I'm sure I'm not alone, haha!) :lol:

7. Dizzney

You aren't the only one that feels that way. I often feel like they just don't see him as a primary character on the show even though he has been there for the whole series. It's like he's an afterthought half of the episodes; like...Oh we need to get Greg in this episode somehow. Let's place him in the lab to work evidence or watch a video.
    :rolleyes:

8. sharp52092

Yeah that's often I think they did in season 9, Eric shows up for work and they're like "Oh yeah we forgot Greg uuuh here give him Archie's job" it drove me crazy :scream:

I mean I get there were two new characters that season (though after Ray arrived they hardly focused on Riley, just The Adventures of Super Ray and Nick) couldn't they just have given him a few more episodes with screentime like No Way Out, and how about the finale, GE was out due to his back problems, and I think Marg may have started to reduce her time then, so why couldn't Greg have played a bigger role then?? *gasps* :eek: He could have actually interacted with Ray then :eek:

IMO Greg SHOULD have had a few more episodes with decent screentime and NOT Archie's job ALL THE TIME in season 9, again maybe even played a bigger role in All In, and then season 10 we SHOULD have gotten our Gregisode then, it had only had been 3 years since he had gotten one, if I'm being unreasonable please call me out on it

So yeah I could totally believe that they hate Greg/Eric/both

I think giving him several episodes he's barely in at times then having an episode every 4 years is pretty harsh, I mean is there something about Eric I need to know about, is he a diva or something?

DR liked Greg, he wrote Who Shot Sherlock, Leapin' Lizards, Take My Life Please, and several I can't remember at the moment :lol:

DLA I think likes Greg, he write the s7 arc and I think Liz Devine may too, maybe Richard Catalani, he wrote Hitting of the Cycle, The List, All for Our Country, a lot of the others I'm totally undecided about :shifty:

And honestly I also believe that if Marg hadn't reduced her time more this season, Greg wouldn't have gotten as much screentime as he had in several episodes, and possibly even an episode

Dear Writers of CSI

Anyone that gives Greg great screentime and an episode or storyline, or even both this season will be my favorite writer

Love, sharp

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  9. Dizzney

From everything I have ever read that other co-workers have said about him, I highly doubt he is a diva or something. I just think Carol M. loves certain characters more than others and Greg is not on that list. She rarely mentions him in interviews and it doesn't help when the show runner doesn't talk about you much.

DLA does seem to write pretty good for Greg most of the time but his fave is obviously Nick.

I'm just hoping this season does not become the D.B. and Nick show, but I have a feeling it might be heading that way too. If they can keep to two cases each week the chances of seeing Greg do increase. I would like to see him take Morgan under his wing in Vegas.

10. sharp52092

I don't think he is either, I don't think anyone is or at least I hope not, Gary seems to be the only one having problems :(

Nope that probably doesn't do Greggo any good, and yeah Nick, Sara, Grissom are her faves, and probably Ray and Catherine too

True but I guess Greg could be his second fave, that's probably higher up the totem pole than Carol's

Yeah no Nick and D.B show, I imagine the writers will figure something out for DB and Greg's relationship, they just couldn't seem to figure out one for Ray and Greg but HELLO WRITERS Greg and Ray both wrote books = HINT HINT, it would have been something but obviously they suffer from amnesia and forgot :(:rolleyes:

Morgan and him yeah at the very least I do see him being a big brother to her, which is kinda a nice change, cause usually Greg's the little brother, I wonder if he's gonna ask her about her and her father's relationship

11. Dizzney

Yeah I guess he would be more like a big bro to her. Might be nice to see him in that role since he has always been the youngest, except for Riley's brief time on the show, but she was too independent.

I do hope D.B. and Greg work more together than Ray and him every did. I can see it working if they are taking the show in a lighter direction. Greg was formerly the comic relief on the show and still is the more lighthearted of the CSI's as far as I am concerned. I think they would work good together in that respect.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I have to disagree with those who said tptb seem to not like Eric. It was ERIC's suggestion to make Greg a CSI. If they didn't like him, why would they have taken his suggestion? Also, THEY ASKED HIM who he'd like to have play his love interest in AKBF. They wouldn't have done that if they didn't like him.

Their problem is, they get too into some other storylines and neglect other characters. This was the problem with the whole Raskell plot lol. I don't think it means they dislike anyone, they just put all of their eggs in one basket so to speak lol. Perhaps that will change in the new season.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  13. Dizzney

Well maybe it is not that they don't like him, it is more like they don't know how to write Greg anymore. Only a few of the writers really get his character well, others just toss him into an episode just to have him in it someplace. Evan Dunsky wrote AKBF and he wrote Appendicitement. He obviously likes to write for Greg and does pretty good, but I think some of these newer writers are not well versed in his character yet. I just hope this season things are lighter and that he has more fun moments. He had a few last season, so that was good.

I just hate not having any Greg spoilers at all so far for this season. :(

14. GregNickRyanFan

Well, I agree about the writers not knowing how to write him for the most part. That's probably due in part to the fact that most of the good Greg writers have left the show.

At least Greg isn't the only character there haven't been spoilers about. Haven't seen any about Doc, Dave, Hodges or Brass either. So at least Greg has company. :lol: And I'm kind of surprised there haven't been any about Brass given the way the season ended lol.

15. Dizzney

Well it is very rare to get spoilers on Doc and Dave overall, even Hodges somewhat since they are not really CSI's. Greg is a CSI so usually they say something like... Greg and Nick work a case about a such and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.