Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

And I say bring both the ties and sideburns back!!!! :lol: He can still wear more casual stuff (please oh please oh PLEASE!!!!), but when he wears proper shirt and pants, I would loooooooooove to see a return of the tie :D

I really do miss Mac's ties. I wish Don would go back to wearing his suits (he kinda went casual after Angell was killed :() and Danny go back to wearing his eyeglasses. Sigh...
bluetongue.gif

Getting back on topic...whatever Mac's closure is, it's sure to be something very personal for him.

I truly don't think it'll have anything to do with the beach ball, and not because TPTB don't seem to remember any of their past story lines, but because if you think about, sure letting the air out of the beach ball would be an act of closure... but then what? Then what does he do with it? Throw away? Re-stash it somewhere? Throw it in the ocean? :confused:

hey, why not, he could get it to call the operator! ;)

With how personal 9/11 is for Gary, I have not the faintest doubts about at the very least his arc for the ep, and really his overall influence for the entire thing.

i hope you're right :)

And I say bring both the ties and sideburns back!!!! :lol: He can still wear more casual stuff (please oh please oh PLEASE!!!!), but when he wears proper shirt and pants, I would loooooooooove to see a return of the tie :D

ah, yeah, why not, let's just have a mix of everything :D

Thanks Perl. Too many tattoos.
 :shifty:

I once RPG'd him throwing it in the ocean without letting the air out...it would be cool to remember the ball, but I know how rarely the continuity fairy actually visits.

I'd still like to see a scenario with some of Claire's remains being found...they're still working even now to ID bone fragments and such.

If Mac is finally going to get some closure can we now have our Smacked happy ending since in all likelihood this will be the last season anyway and we have damn well earned it. If we are all being strictly honnest the only reason there is S8 at all is because of the CSI tag attached it would be long gone other wise given the truly disasterous ratings slide of the last season from 16m+ at the end of S5 to barely scraping 9m in S7 the maths is obvious aint it the show is dying on it's feet. I see Desperate Housewives is going too so to TPTB I humbly plead please follow their example and show the audience the respect it deserves we have all waited eight long extremely frustrating years for our Smacked happy ending and secondbest Danville just isn't good enough and never will be.

other wise given the truly disasterous ratings slide of the last season from 16m+ at the end of S5 to barely scraping 9m in S7 the maths is obvious aint it the show is dying on it's feet

The average ratings in S5 was 13.5 million and the average ratings in S7 was 10.73.

The fact is, Phanotmerik, its Melina that left everybody in the lurch when she, at the last minute, decided not to return and they had to rewrite scripts etc., you don't have to like Jo, but the fact is Stella is never coming back, and SMacked will never be resolved, because of Melina Kanakaredes.

Sela is doing a fantastic job with replacing Melina, and IMO the show was better during the seventh season than it was during the Fifth and the Sixth. At the end of the day, in 5 years time nobody is going to look back at a show and remember how much they enjoyed it because of the ratings ('The Shield' and 'Homicide' never had great ratings, but they're legendary shows) they'll look back and remember the acting and storylines, which have been better during the Ward era than during the reign of Kanakaredes, IMO.

From TVGuide.com

CSI: NY (Fox)
Premieres: Friday, Sept. 23, 10/9c

Where We Left Off: After a near-death experience, Mac became focused on clearing his last remaining cold case involving a kidnapped little girl. Once the case is closed, Mac pondered walking away from the crime lab for good.

What's Next: Mac's back! The season premiere will pay tribute to the 10th anniversary of 9/11, which features flashbacks to the tragic day Mac's wife Claire (guest star Jaime Ray Newman) died. Meanwhile, Danny's been promoted to sergeant, and his new job on the mean streets will cause tension between him and Lindsay.

Um, I thought Danny's promotion wasn't supposed to cause tension. WTF?

ETA: When did CSI:NY move to Fox? ;)

Well, the "tension" thing is new, but as far as I know, CSI: NY doesn't air on any FOX networks, not even in syndication. :confused: Probably a typo; people really should proofread, don'tcha think? :devil:

From Kristin's E! Spoiler Chat:

Daniellegirli: Anything on CSI: New York's Danny and Lindsay?
We had a feeling you'd want some Danny-Lindsay scoop so we tracked down CSI: New York executive producer Pam Veasey and she told us that Danny's (Carmine Giovinazzo) new promotion makes things a challenge for the married detectives: "They are like ships passing in the night. They have to deal with that and wonder what [the promotion] is worth and then Danny will make a decision about it." Does that mean he'll be returning to the crime lab soon? She says: "It's awhile, it takes awhile. But they do have to talk about it."

Gee, Kristin, what gave you the "feeling" there'd be DL questions? Maybe the fact that it's the only thing you ever talk about when it comes to CSI:NY??

Seriously. Danny's promotion gets thrown under the bus because he and Lindsay aren't working together any more? This makes me want to punch a kitten and kick a puppy. :wtf: :scream: :rolleyes:

Important scoop! ;)

@Daniellegirli: Anything on CSI: New York's Danny and Lindsay?
We had a feeling you'd want some Danny-Lindsay scoop so we tracked down CSI: New York executive producer Pam Veasey and she told us that Danny's (Carmine Giovinazzo) new promotion makes things a challenge for the married detectives: "They are like ships passing in the night. They have to deal with that and wonder what [the promotion] is worth and then Danny will make a decision about it." Does that mean he'll be returning to the crime lab soon? She says: "It's awhile, it takes awhile. But they do have to talk about it."

KellGreen1: Are we going to see Lucy Messer this season on CSI: New York?
Survey says: Yes! Executive producer Pam Veasey tells us we'll see the littlest Messer again: "But she won't be 19 or anything. She'll be her true age. We won't advance her forward and be like. '[Speaks in adult voice] Hi, Mom.'"

I just came back to post the Lucy question because I missed it the first time. Yay! I can hardly wait to see a character who can't talk or show any meaningful emotion on screen. :rolleyes: (That's not a rip to the actress who will play Lucy. It's a comment on her age and what she'll be capable of doing on the show.)

Every time we get another one of these questions about the same thing, I feel like posting this GIF. :p

Every time we get another one of these questions about the same thing, I feel like posting this GIF. :p

LOL. Although the answers went to they won't be having any problems to THEY WILL HAVE TEH DRAMAZ AND DANNY WILL GIVE UP HIS PROMOTION FOR HIS TWU WUV AND SOLE MATE MONTANA!!!1!! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back