Mac <3 Stella #19 - I won't give up if you dont give up.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Ghawazee, Jan 23, 2010.

?

Smackie NAME needed!

Poll closed Jan 26, 2010.
  1. Mac <3 Stella #19: Proving love can really conquer all.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Mac <3 Stella #19:"I won't give up if you dont give up."

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  3. Mac <3 Stella #19: "'Coz it all comes down to Christmas".

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mac <3 Stella #19: "I need a sign to let me know you're here"

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Mac <3 Stella #19: "Because i will be right here waiting for you"

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'm with you MacGirlMel. I thank you for reviving this thread. :) I couldn't get myself to come her because of the wounds it kept opening but I at least am totally in favor of an open-ended ending, shipper wise, to CSI:NY so that it's left to our imagination to the future of Mac/Stella as well as others. This horse is alive and well at this point despite still walking with drastically reduced mobility. :)

2. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Ack! The lack of activity on this thread is killing me! *Clings desperately to SMacked bubble* Looks like I'm the last one standing.

I do like that Lindsay mentioned Stella once since the season premiere. I do think that despite the lack of mention, the fact that she sent a letter to Lindsay after the death of Shane Casey, implies that the bond between Mac & Stella may still be there, even if it's not shown on screen.

The least that can be done for now, that is if season 8 is a go, is for Mac to mention Stella at least once. :) That's all I can say for now.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

No, you aren't the last one standing :)

4. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I hope I don't turn others off by reactivating this thread but I've decided to end my break with it. Where has the family gone?

I've been incredibly disappointed by the lack of mention of Stella by Mac, the only one whose acknowledged her has been Lindsay, someone who Stella has had the least connections with.

If Mac flew across the Atlantic Ocean to find Stella, who says he couldn't fly only 1,300 miles across the Appalacians to either visit Stella in New Orleans or even flew down there to help get a Crime Lab started there for Stella to lead.

I can wait for Stella's return, even though I miss her terribly on the show but the best thing that can be done is to at least acknowledge that if an ocean didn't break Mac & Stella's bond, then certainly a mere 1,300 miles couldn't do that either.

Who's with me? I've finally thought it was time to reactivate this shippers thread. I would move mountains to have Stella back on the show with Mac, even if not in a pairing sense but at least we know their bond is still there. I think Gary & Melina are my favorite leading Male/Female duo since Mulder and Scully from 15 years ago. :)

5. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

I totally agree with you here :) considering they were partners for something like 12 years or something like that (in GFD Mac said they have been working with each other for 10 years) Mac hasn't seemed to acknowledge her and not mentioning her name or seem to miss her.Who remembers 'officer blue'
    Mac: I could honestly say i couldn't do this job with out you''.
    hmm, anyone see my point?
    I really do hope, if this is gonna be the last season of NY(please to god let it not be) that she makes a final appearance or we see Mac in a final seen saying ''Im going to New Orleans to start a new life with my one true love'' (i know this wouldn't happen, but we can dream right?:lol:) or at least say he will visit her or even if we see them on the phone together, anything to show that they once-or still are, best friends. I like Jo but she is no match for Stella, Mac/Jo don't seem to have the chemistry that they had but i do like the innocent flirting between Mac and Jo :D

6. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

With the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 being addressed at least in the season premiere of this upcoming season, I think it would be a travesty to not at least mention Stella or someone mentioning her name when they witnessed what happened that morning in NY.

7. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Well that's it for CSI:NY. I'm devastated at the news, but not surprised either. Yet it makes me very sad for many reasons to hear of the show's end. :(

Not that I expected it to go canon on the show, especially with the way the show was designed and the ethical breach it risks, but after many years of devotion by many to Mac/Stella, and those who hung on, it makes me angry that Mac never mentioned Stella again, like as of they never met in the first place, after she left for New Orleans.

I was never able to accept Mac/Jo, even all the way up to "Today Is Life" and after accepting Jo into my TV Life.

I eventually came to accept Christine in Mac's life on the show and was happy to see Mac happy again. :) Yet at the same time, I really missed the bond he and Stella had, even from a totally non-shipper point. To me, after "Grounds for Deception", I saw great potential for something more. Yet it got squandered by many parties, both by cast changes and writing, and it took me a very long time to recover my respect for all of them.

I'll always remember the good times and consider it open-ended in a sense, but I now bid farewell to SMacked. For all the grievences that I felt for a very long time, I CAN proudly say this: Thanks for the memories. :)

8. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

Hey, Axatullux, in my opinion, Mac and Stella already made history in TV shows. CSI NY will be remembered by the two of them, no matter how the show ended. Do you want an example? When we talk about Charlie's Angels, who we think? We think in Farrah Fawcett, Kate Jackson and Jackyn Smith and yet, Farrah Fawcett only stayed in the show for one season. We do relate Cheryll Ladd with the show but not the same way as Farrah and she was rhe second one to stay longer.
    Maddie Heyes and David Addison from Moonlightining is the couple number 1 and this show ended after three seasons when they tried to put them together before the end (it's still called "Moonlightining curse").
    So what happens when a show is running maybe not matter at all. The impression that it gives to audience is what stays.
    Trust me, Mac and Stella made their point.