Replacements for LF & MH - Who would you like?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Rizzoli, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Diane Farr ('Numb3rs) as Marg's replacement but I really want Marg to stay. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Catherine the only remaining character with strong ties/connection to Las Vegas? I can only think of Greg as a fan of old Vegas stories and that's it.

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I guess she is the last one with ties to Vegas. Ted's character is presumably from Oregon, Sara, Greg and Hodges are from California, Nick's from Texas and Brass is from New Jersey. Interesting. After Cath leaves, the main characters for Vegas will be all non-natives. Heh.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

How about Kim Cattrall (sp)? I know she mainly does comedic stuff, but she's a good actress and I think she could do drama. :)

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm worried that the Vegas feel of the show might be much lesser after Catherine leaves. I don't know maybe it's just me and she's my favorite. I'm still hoping for the best next season.

5. americanstalker

americanstalker Witness

I wish didn't kill Keppler off, he would have made an interesting permanent replacement for Grissom/Langston. They could have put him on days, and then have him come back when Langston left, but nooo, they had to kill him off. Bastards. :mad:

6. GregNickRyanFan

That's because Liev Schrieber (the actor who played Keppler) didn't want a permanent tv gig. So even if they hadn't killed Mike Keppler off, I doubt Liev would have been interested in coming back full time.

7. americanstalker

americanstalker Witness

Oh well, there's always fan fiction. Alternate universes are my specialty, so I should have fun with it.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Yep. :) I do agree that Keppler was a good character. I too was sad that he died.

9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Thanks.

I just read here in the UK on the BBC news site that Marg will be leaving at the end of season 12. Already I feel its a big blow to the show. I hope she gets a fitting exit (not a death either).

As for a replacement, I arent familiar with many US actresses that you guys see in the US shows other there, we dont get everything over here.

I mentioned in my previous post about the show slowly losing its central core of characters, how are the shows doing in the ratings over there? Does / has the loss of these characters (like Speedle, Warwick, Grissom, Stella) affect the ratings there?

10. GregNickRyanFan

I think all shows, not just the CSIs, but all shows that were on at the time of the writers' strike suffered in ratings after the writers went back to work. A lot of people started doing other things since their shows weren't on anymore during that strike and some just didn't go back to watching the shows. The ratings of all three CSIs (as well as other shows) just haven't been the same since the strike. Miami and Vegas seem to be holding their own pretty well (despite Miami being on Sundays now where its constantly delayed or pre-empted for sports and sometimes awards shows). It's been said that Miami has performed better on Sundays than any other show they've ever had in that same time spot. NY was in danger this past season. Reportedly, it was between NY and Suspect Behavior (the Criminal Minds spin-off) and CBS decided to cancel Suspect Behavior. I think though that NY's ratings have been sliding some for the last two or three seasons.

11. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

If he's not too old, I could see John Glover replacing Laurence. He can fit in well with the oddities of Sin City. But, given his resume, he looks to be doing fine. I'm not sure about this Morgan chick as a solid replacement for Catherine. But I do hope Ted is created as a solid character and keeper, not one to be let go after a brief stint.

I remember Ted and Bill co-starring in Cousins eons ago!! Are these guys like llloooonnnggg time buddies or something?? Perhaps they can get Isabelle Rossillini to appear in CSI. I know that Sean Young did, but it could be weird, yet interesting, to see like a Cousins reunion feel to at least one episode. Aaahh, small world!!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  12. byline

byline CSI Level One

Wow, I'd forgotten all about that! I remember reading a review that said William Petersen and Sean Young were the far more interesting couple than Ted Danson and Isabella Rossellini. But at the time, I really liked the pairing of Ted Danson and Isabella and appreciated the relative "innocence" of their relationship.