Replacements for LF & MH - Who would you like?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Rizzoli, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

It depends if the replacement is taking over in the exact same role or not. If they're looking for a new female lead/supervisor, then yeah, she should be old enough to have enough experience for the job. However, if they promote the existing CSIs, then the new person could be a younger, less experienced CSI.

Kay Panabaker is free, isn't she? :)

Also, isn't Elisabeth Harnois already one of the replacements?

2. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I know...it was kind of a weak suggestion. I'm still bitter and mourning Chris's loss. I'm sorry.
    I don't know if they intended her to be a replacement or not. It seems like they might have signed her for different reasons and not necessarily to replace MH or LF, but that could be the case. MH is blonde and Elisa H. is blonde and everyone knows a crime-procedural has to have a blonde haired girl.:rolleyes:

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Not a weak suggestion at all AFIS many fans would like to see Chris on this show. But, wouldn't he constantly be compared with his Stabler character from L&O? as well. I just think if he couldn't come to terms with what he was making that he wouldn't lower the per ep. either:confused: I sure wished they would hurry up and let us all know who this replacment is:rolleyes:

4. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

That was my brainstorm - Nicholas Campbell (born 1952) is only one year older that William Petersen (born 1953), but could probably pass for younger. Having him as the new male lead would me no more far-fetched than an awkwardly contrived plot device to appease the "Bring Back Grissom" crowd.

Check out this link and tell me he wouldn't be an awesome fit for CSI!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImaTvqUa8tk

BTW - If you check site like IMDB there's an idiotic Bring Back Grissom poll/link/petition at least once every third page! - GIVE IT UP - HE LEFT OF HIS OWN VOLITION! HE'S NOT COMING BACK (at least not in a meaningful regular role!) - Sorry for the side rant.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
  5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

We've been bamboozled! :lol: :lol:

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, that's what I mean. I wouldn't want someone much younger to be in the same type of leadership role. But I guess its a moot point now since its been announced that Ted Danson (who is reportedly LF's replacement) will be playing the supervisor, so he must be replacing Catherine when she leaves, gets promoted/demoted, quits, etc. So maybe Elisabeth is gonna be the only new female on the team. Maybe once Marg leaves they will move George up to second place after Ted. :shrug:

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Maybe they can get Shelley Long or Kirstie Alley as a co-worker and love interest. And John Ratzenberger as a labrat who thinks he knows everything. If George Wendt plays a detective, they can shout out his name each time he enters the lab.

8. MissJanet

MissJanet Victim

Ted Danson? Now really, that sounds like silly idea, at least to me. But what do I know? Cheers!

When I read it, I felt that the shark had just jumped. What casting stunt is that?

9. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Initially, I would want Kathryn Morris to replace MH. Maybe as a new character if not as Lily Rush transplanted straight from the old-school Philly precinct in Cold Case to the Las Vegas crime lab. I don't know who came up with the notion that the female CSI lead would have to be blonde. Experienced, I can get. But, should looks really matter??

I would want Lauren Holly to replace MH. Then, I also thought of Drea De Matteo fitting in with the Las Vegas environment, yet can be tough and intelligent and fit in with the rest of the team. If not for the whole supposed blonde female lead standards, I'd go with Viola Davis. I'm not really sure about Kelly Hu or Lucy Lui, but I can also see Carla Gugino replace MH.

As for the male, I would most definitely see George Eads' Nick move up onto the male lead. I would love to see more of him being written a full-on leader, see how he would lead. And also, by all means, make Archie a regular as well. Give him more storylines beyond being in the lab or reviewing audio. But as for replacing LF, I'm not sure about Ted Danson but I concur that CSI does need a bit of light humor back. Same goes with the dimly-lit department as well. The whole dimming just shines evidence of how dim lighting can truly creep up on the CSIs' aging processes and eyebag developments. I did enjoy LF's prescence throughout his time, minus being written at times as Langston flying off the handle and not being scolded because of it. And if ever a new CSI branch would ever happen, it would be a shame if Horatio (Miami) beats him to who'll make the most crossovers ever.

If the writers could make an a-hole out of a CSI, especially a lead, I could see Julian McMahon replacing Fishburne. I'm no Nip/Tuck fan, but after seeing Julian's movies (Premonition, Fantastic Four), I like that he can pull off playing a victim and an a-hole at the same time. A shady personality like that can go well with the shadiness among some men of Vegas. But, I could see Blair Underwood be a replacement, too.

Either way, someone with a good T.V. background would do enough to keep CSI going. I sure would NOT want some big shot actor to be a lead character of CSI, solely for the purpose that this is a well-known actor playing a lead for a television show, so "we can write him however we want even beyond how a CSI does his/her job". Focus on the science as the show has been doing for years, not make it some big shot comic book character or zany type of action-packed show just because of who the lead actor is!

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I don't know about a Cheers reunion :lol:, but if they want to bring Glenn Close (his co-star in Damages) on as a new director or sheriff or undersheriff, that would be incredibly awesome. ;)

11. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I'm going to throw this out there, I know she's very old, but I'm in love with her, and I think she'd make a fantastic addition to CSI: Stockard Channing.

12. GregNickRyanFan

She could be related to Doc Robbins. :)

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

She's only three years older than Ted Danson and they cast him.

14. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Where has it been confirmed that Marg will leave the show? Thats a big blow if thats the case (pardon the pun). Another original cast member going. I guess its part of the evolution of the show, but I hope it can continue to the same high standards. I just think its hard for new characters to come in to replace established ones, like Jo in for Stella in NY. It takes time to get used to the loss of a familar fave and also to get used to the new one.

Its a shame LF is leaving too, I thought that Ray was a really interesting character in the dept and had established himself well. Ted Danson is a real left field replacement for him, I would never of guessed that one being announced.

One other thought is that one of the things that makes CSI great is that central core of characters in each. I realise that shows evolve and change due to actors maybe not working out or wanting to leave, but I hope that the shows dont start becoming stopping off points for actors and they get no time to really develop the characters which we become so invested in.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  15. GregNickRyanFan

Andy, there have been many articles/interviews where Marg has said she wouldn't be on the show much longer. I can't think of one particular article, but I know I've read more than one where it was stated. She was originally going to leave in Season 11, but the writers spent too much time with the Ray/Haskell storyline and couldn't find time to develop an exit strategy for Catherine. She is supposed to be in several episodes in Season 12 and then she will be leaving the show.