Misc LIMS #3-Challenge 6-Decades. Final Challenge-VOTING!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Urban Legend, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Re: Misc LIMS #3-Challenge 3-Lyrics-Voting Up!

I'm having a problem finding icons that work for every country, because I think it's probably a country thing as Imageshack gave me issues before with someone not in North America.

2. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Re: Misc LIMS #3-Challenge 3-Lyrics-Voting Up!

No worries I can see the tinypic link ones so it's fine ;). I don't know why I'm have problems with the site your using.

Least:
    04 - Although I like background in this icon, it seems to overwhelm the text - the text seems to get lost in the icon and doesn't stand out. Also the text placement is odd imo.
    05 - Doesn't really stand out and looks plain. I think the also maybe in the font was centred it'd look much better in my opinion. Playing around with the font and using different texture and brushes might help also.

Best:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Re: Misc LIMS #3-Challenge 3-Lyrics-Voting!

Least:
    01: It's very plain. And I think the heart is slightly off centre, so it's a bit distracting.
    04: The text could be centered a bit better on the heart and the rest of the font could stand out more.

Best:
    02: Nice background and the text looks really good.
    06: It's really unique compared to the rest of the icons, I love it.

4. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

Re: Misc LIMS #3-Challenge 3-Lyrics-Voting!

Least:
    2 - the words are get lost in the background but the idea of this is great !
    3 - the background swallow a few words.

Best:

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Re: Misc LIMS #3-Challenge 3-Lyrics-Results!

This was a tough one, because there was almost ties in both categories. I didn't get a lot of votes (I sure hope that I'm not being a crappy challenge runner) :(

I hope this doesn't sound rude but should it start being a rule that the participants have to participate in the voting?

Leaving this round is Smokey [​IMG]

Voter's Choice: [​IMG] by Miss_Undercover
    Challenge Runner's Favorite: [​IMG] by Finch

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. shazza_018

Considering the number of votes you got I think you should do that.

Congrats to Miss_U and Geni! :)

Sorry to see you go Smokey :(.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Congrats to the winners and sorry to see you go Smokey.

And in all the previous LIMS I've participated in on this board, it has been a rule that participants have to vote. :lol: I thought this one was too, but if it's not I definitely think that yes it should. :)

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Thanks for the replies guys! I should have another challenge up either tonight or tomorrow.

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Re: Misc LIMS #3-Challenge 4-Maroon 5/Artists Choice

Restriction: 1 Icon must be Black and White and 1 icon can have any coloring that you would like to achieve. For this challenge you may pick your own caps/images, the only restriction is that 1 of the icons must be black and white. Please link to me the original image that you used.

* You do not have to use just images of the band together, any image involving any member of the band can be used.

- Rules -

~ Use a different image for each icon.
    ~ This is an anonymous challenge do not post your icon anywhere else until the challenge is over.
    ~ Your icon must not exceed 100x100px. It should be in .jpg, .png or .gif format.
    ~ No images are provided since you can use any image that you would like this time around.
    ~ No animations will be permitted.
    ~ Submit your icon by sending me (Urban Legend) a PM with the subject line Misc Lims Lyrics or similar.
    ~ If you are unable to send PM's, you may use the yahoo address in my profile. Just include TalkCSI in the subject so it doesn't go in the junk folder
    ~ You have to submit 2 icons, 1 regular and 1 black and white.
    ~ If you wish to use your free pass for this round, you MUST send me a PM to let me know. Otherwise it won't count, and you will be disqualified. Due to the current number of participants, please try to get something in. It's getting tougher, I know and if you need extra time I will try to help you out if I'm able.
    ~ The deadline for submissions will be Tuesday July 26th, 2011. No extensions will be given. (If something comes up and you give me a heads up, I'll work something out. I'll also give midweek reminders for those who have let sent in an entry)

Hope you guys enjoy this challenge, good luck!

* Make sure to link to the original pictures :)

Need help finding high quality pictures?
    GoogleClick Large Images to find High Quality
    BingSelect Large
    Last FM

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  10. shazza_018

So let me get this right cause I'm confused. We make one icon of Maroon 5 or both lol. :confused:

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Your icons can include the band or any member of the band that you would like to use. For example it's fine to make two icons of the band as a whole, or two icons of Adam Levine (example) or whichever member you would prefer to icon. You can also make one icon of the band and one icon of a member, just as long as one is black and white and the other is in color, you can use any image you want. You have to make 1 black and white icon and one regular. I'm having a little trouble concentrating lately, so I'm sorry if I didn't word it all that well :eek: I'm probably confusing you even more right now :lol: Did that help any?

I just named the challenge Artist's Choice because you guys have the choice to use any images that you wish.

12. shazza_018

^Lol I think I used what to do. Two icons of Maroon 5 - one black and white and one any colouring. Can you confirm this is right lol.

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

That's right :) but it doesn't have to be of just the band, it can be any individual member too ;)

14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Guys please remember to link me to the icons and the original pictures that you used.

15. shazza_018

Sent mine in! :)