Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What exactly does "talks broke down"? meaning he didn't get the deal they offered? Or something more sinister?. He's a good actor and so perfect for this role. And now Mariska might be leaving as well:(big bummer. I do know that "nothing stays the same" in show-biz:confused:

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

It probably means both sides couldn't reach an acceptable contractual aggreement (whether it may have been screentime, salary, scheduling or a combination thereof), so they parted ways instead.

Hopefully SVU can be salvaged after another cast change (and a big one at that!), but it won't be the same without Elliot. :/

3. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I heard that Dick Wolf is considering Jennifer Love Hewitt for Mariska's role.:wtf: As much as the idea of JLH taking Mariska's part in SVU makes me physically ill, I just want whoever they pick to have the same relationship that Mariska/Chris had. Besides the acting and writing, the rapport between Mariska and Chris was one of the main reasons I tuned in every week.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well JLH is familiar with SVU Click about Episode she was in called "Behave".

Besides it's not like it was the shows idea, MH asked them to scale back her role, after inking a new deal with them. Deadline.com: pre Meloni not signing And Seattlepi: Post announcement of Meloni not signing

I wouldn't mind seeing JLH on the show. While I loved B & S in the beginning, it was only when they were also interacting with Munch and even Finch when he came on. When the interaction started to be more Benson and Stabler for the most part I started calling it Law & Order: B&S Show. I stopped watching it for one because of that, and two they were starting to get more graphic, and while I understand the nature of the show, too graphic and personal reasons it made me cringe and change the channel. I don't even tune into the cable network repeats.

5. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

It's so weird that you would say that since a lot of SVU fans tune in exclusively for the B/S sexual tension. It's a good thing you don't watch the show anymore though because Munch has been pretty much been MIA for season 12. I honestly thought he died...:lol:
    I think that has to be one of the main reasons why SVU's audience ratings are so low. The crimes are starting to get more and more shock value-ish. I honestly don't have a problem with it because I'm interested in that sort of thing but I can understand your issues with how graphic SVU has gotten over the years.

6. mehmet11

mehmet11 Civilian

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
  7. Destiny

I've never been one to ship a show or it's characters, so that part I just stayed oblivious to. :lol: Munch has always been MIA for a while and then brought back, then MIA, then brought back. LOL yeah they do this to Munch alot he would call it a conspiracy :D .. But seriously when the interactions between the other characters, started just to be about B/S it was like wth even have the others on there, other then time fillers. When it becomes more a soap opera (which apparently aren't lasting anymore) more then the drama that they started out, and that promised to be, and that got lost for the reason its there and losing ratings, maybe they should re-evaluate, or take the new season to bring it back to the orginial format if possible, or sadly end it before they jump 30 sharks.

It was just how graphic they were getting with not only the victims telling their stories, which while serves a purpose and comes with there mantra "ripped from the headlines, (but these characters and events do not reflect blah blah blah yeah sure)" there is delving into the world and there is an obsessed need to document every bit of it.
    I love the fact that people get interest in sex crimes some even wants to find ways of helping because they realize even though its a tv show, real life people are going through/have gone through alot of this. My issue is that of those real life people, and I don't say that lightly.
    When the show first came out they were more umm lets say sensitive on the subject, and how they had the characters approach the victims, etc. the last time I watched it they were showing scenes of the rapes and etc taking place.

I know alot of victims that though they could watch this show, it was suppost to be about the victims, and what they were going through, and how justice can prevail, even when it doesn't. But as they went along it because more graphic...

I loved the aspect of occassionally bringing in family members or just mentioning them, even giving the characters pasts as to how they got to where they are at svu. But they lingered a little IMO to long on Olivia's mother being a drunk, then Stablers kid who (all seemed normal) needing psych help, then Finch whose son was gay/is (is he still alive or they kill him off to, meh anyway). They lingered on them only in the negative aspect more then the positive. I get it's entertainment, but seriously was anyone of them from or have a family that is happy healthy and not seriously screwed up? Even to the point of the characters showing more anger then really needed. Sure the job gets to you, it takes its toll on your mental/physical and even spiritual self, seeing what they see day in and out. But notice that with as much anger they have seething then blowing alot of RL would be in anger management (maybe munch is taking their classes) getting psych help and so on.

But again all thats just my opinion. ;)

8. evdenevenakl

evdenevenakl Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2011
  9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

For anyone interested, tonight is the curtain call for L&O:CI on USA network. Goren and Eames sign off, the mothership is history, so that just leaves a fractured SVU to continue the L&O brand. But, the reruns on cable will carry this franchise into the next mellinnium, I suspect. :hugegrin:

10. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

With Chris (Elliott) not returning and Mariska (Olivia)'s role being cut back I am worried this could be the last season of L&O:SVU. It's also the last one with new episodes. So if it fails this might be the last season with any L&O being new. I admit as a regular viewer that I am going to have a hard time watching without Elliott Stabler to look at. He is my favorite character just ahead of Munch.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think this is great casting. I like them both! Kelli Giddish needs to find a hit. I liked her in Chase, but the show was just so-so. And, she's worlds' above Jennifer Love Hewitt in the acting tough department. And Danny Pino is just cute. :)
    I'm looking forward to see how they pair up.

13. Destiny

Why do I get the feeling that Chris leaving, MH being cut back, they bring in not one but two new characters why do I smell another spin-off? Could be me and I have been sneezing. :D :lol:

Just read the article provided (thank you), and saw the pic, I am sorry but Danny Pino there and the one from Cold case (Scotty Valens), preferre the one from CC, a little more serious, but a little more youth. ;)

I also wanted to add that I like Jennifer Love Hewitt I think she is a great actress, (party of five, ghost whisperer, etc) and her role as a victim on SVU in the ep "Behave". Though I have to admit that was in 2010, it would have been to close together had they went with her, victim, to cop in under what a year, wouldn't make sense, but L&O's franchise has that revolving door issue.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  14. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Uh oh, you've been sneezing and smelling a spinoff? Looks like you've got L&O fever.:lol:
    I wonder what the spinoff would be called...L&O: Computer Crimes, L&O: Crime Doesn't Pay, L&O: Vice Unit, or what about L&O: White Collar Crimes? I need to get hired by NBC because I'm putting out great ideas.

15. elmaelma77

elmaelma77 Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011