"Cold Blooded" Discussion - *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 24, 2010.

1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Just came in to unstick the thread, but feel free to continue in the discussions of this particular episode. :)

Also, the new thread for "Bump and Grind" is now up.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW> good research, I wouldn't have guessed that at all. He's good and Det. Cavilere as well. I always enjoy it when their on the show. I still liked the Hodges the Ray show at the exhibit. He's like a little kid, so thrilled by fake monsters:lol: Bet he loved Halloween:lol:

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

Sites like Internet Movie Database show the number of episodes an actor/character has appeared in (for CSI, it's http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247082/fullcredits#cast), so it's a good resource. Though it's a good idea to take anything on IMDb with a grain of salt, since it isn't always accurate. IMDb ranks them according to the number of episodes they've appeared in, from most to fewest. George and Paul are currently in the lead, with 252 episodes. Interestingly enough, Eric is close behind with 250 episodes, and then next is Marg with 247.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Weird... I thought George and Eric had been in every episode of the show's entire run... Well, I suppose Eric might not have been before he was added to the main cast, but even then he always appeared for a little bit.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Actually there's 5 episodes that George hasn't appeared in -

season 3 - Blood Lust
    season 4 - Jackpot
    season 4 - Butterflied
    season 5 - Committed
    season 6 - Spellbound

And I think the only one that they even mentioned where Nick was is Butterflied where they said he was at a convention. :) He should be credited with being in all the episodes because he's been in the opening credits for the whole run.

Susan

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I forgot about the earlier episodes when they used to pull the L&O format with Warrick/Nick/Cath one ep and Griss/Sara (or Griss/Sara/Greg) another ep and back and forth (sometimes with different match ups) lol.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat this Thursday, 6/9. :)

8. Desertwind

Cool avatar Smokey and this was again enjoyable. Hodges with Ray, at the dinosaur exhibit, he's such a dork, taking photos of himself with the fake monster. Ray rolling his eyes:rommie: Nick and Greg and the maps. good job Greggie. The poor mom got so duped. Nick in the last scene, so poignant, and he's such a compassionate guy, he always brings me to tears in scenes like this he's such a great actor.:bolian:

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Think I liked it better the second time :)

Again liked the cold case, didn't like the dinosaur case as much, wish Catherine or someone had been supervising Ray and Hodges

10. Desertwind

Why? what would she have done differently? Ray and Hodges were the two investigating this accident/cover-up. It would be like if Nick and Greg were doing this at this exhibit. They were working together on the other case, and she wasn't supervising them? It was a good ep. great graphics, those dinosaurs were so realistic:cardie:

11. sharp52092

^ Ray is a level 2 CSI, until he becomes a level 3 CSI he's not supposed to be working a case alone, yes he has Hogdes but he's still a lab rat not a CSI

12. Desertwind

Yes that is correct but we have seen Hodges out in the fireld, and you'd have to point out this CSI level 2 with Ray & him not working alone to the writers who presented this to the fans:( Bascially they were just looking at the fake monsters, and gathering evidence~

13. sharp52092

They weren't just taking pics of the dinosaurs alone, they worked the WHOLE CASE ALONE- Ray and he was alone took care of the scene where the body was found, autopsy, went to the dino place, talked to all the suspects, etc

Were any other CSIs involved? Nope

Did Nick, Warrick, Greg, or any other CSI work a case alone until they were a level 3? Nope

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Case? Yes, in the pilot episode Nick was working the trick roll alone which became his 100th case solved earning him the Level 3 title.

Dead body cases? Not so sure because even after Nick was a Level 3 Grissom wouldn't let him do a DB solo right away.

However, for some reason Greg not only got solo cases but also at least one solo DB ("Lab Rats") before he became a Level 3 ("19 Down").

So I think, like a lot of things on the show, non-consistency rules. ;)

15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I might be incorrect with this, but I thought they could work solos before being a level 3? Going way way back to the Pilot, didn't both Nick and Warrick work solos and both were level 2? Yes, Warrick had Holly with him as a trainee, but he still probably would have worked it alone just as Nick had. I figured it was only level 1 that couldn't do solos...

Edit: And Smokey beat me to it. :lol: