Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Lol. I wasn't suggesting that they find/rescue her & then she'd be a suspect.

One of the things alot of people complain about on this show is how unbelievably "super-hero'ish" they are all. I'm a bit thrown by seeing that some actually think she should escape on her own.
    IMO, Natalia escaping a locked trunk that's filled with water would be stepping into Criss Angel territory -- it's far too ridiculous.
    If tptb can set it up in a convincing manner, then ok - otherwise send someone else in to get her out.....it isn't going to hurt to show how much the team care for her & her safety.

I actually don't like the idea of her escaping this one alone -- where would she go once she was out of the car? Swim to shore, run to Horatio & call for help then when the team arrive & go "why are you all wet" -- she just says "oh, Randy stuffed me in the trunk & pushed me off the pier"...??? :wtf:
    Not only does that make for the most pointless cliffhanger conclusion ever, but there's also too many steps in that scenario (going from shore to above on the dock) that I couldn't see it playing out well on screen.

I'm anxious to see how it all plays out & if Natalia will even be conscious enough to finish out the case. Obviously I want her to be alive & well, but finding her early on would mean that there won't be much investigating since she knows who the killer is -- it would be another Manhunt episode.

So frankly I'm torn. I'd love to see Natalia hunt down Randy & maybe even keep her promise by somehow getting his children in a foster home together, but on the other hand, I don't want the case or the episode to be that simple & predictable. I'm hoping tptb have something a little more "special" planned considering it is a premiere & will kick off the new season.

2. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I do not want Natalia to get herself out of the trunk; I don't think it would be possible in real life. Someone needs to jump in and pull her out. Who gets her out, I could care less about. I'm just worried they won't get to H in time...

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

:lol: Right!!!

I hope Natalia doesn't turn into the Pheonix or some superwoman either.

I believe once she recovers, she would definitely want to 'fix this mess', both in helping to get the children back together and apprehending Randy. She was working way overtime in About Face, so I do think she would want to settle this by herself or she won't be able to rest. What I do not want to see is her lying in the hospital throughout the episode, this case is personal for her so I expect her to carry it through.

Still 3 more months to go, hopefully we get to see some initial spoilers when they begin filming...maybe in late July?

4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

That was an older model car that guy put Natalia in the trunk of so it doesn't have one of those emergency trunk release levers in the trunk. If she gets out on her own, I'm gonna start calling her Lady MacGyver. I hope Eric and Ryan arrive and Eric rescues Natalia while Ryan tends to Horatio.

5. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Hey guys, what are your favorite Natalia moment(s) for Season 9?

Sleepless In Miami - Who doesn't love when she got drugged, dreamt of eyeless Nick and went bonkers? :p

About Face - Overall loved her all the way. It would've been perfect if there was more personal moments for her.

Mayday - Ending scene with Horatio & Randy.

Fallen - Her trying to revive Jesse.

:)

6. fanilowchick

Don't forget about Calleigh and Walter. I expect to see them on the scene.

7. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Well, there is a way Natalia can get out alone. We all know how TPTB can twist things to make a good plot.

The front of the car was caving in as the car was sinking. As Carolyn said, it's an old model car. Compression could cause something to break/pop open and Nat's out.

Though I do agree, Nat escaping and then swiming to the pier and helping H would be too far fetch. Maybe being found on a beach or rocky shore? If she holds onto her cell phone - she could be traced.

OR

I'm guessing someone will rescue Nat (either Eric or Ryan or maybe both.) When they arrive at the pier maybe (by faith) her cell finally works and she can call one of them and then they dive in.

Or H summons the strength to tell them Natalias in the sinking car.

(There just a few ideas of mine. Any other theorys guys?)

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It'd be interesting if they pulled the car out of the water & she wasn't there (she'd have gotten out but no where to be found - yet) then when they search the waters they could find a female body & think it's her, but it'd be someone random & open a new case (maybe someone linked to Toller to tie the cases together). Nat could end up on a shore somewhere? Eric ended up in the land of BooFoo when he got into his wreck so lord only knows about Natalia....it's very possible she won't be in the same spot as she was in the finale. Nor Horatio for that matter -- last we saw of him he was somewhat standing & still conscious (dear god I hope they don't have him go in after her).

If they're present then I imagine they'll go with Horatio to the hospital (that is if he isn't bein' a fool & trying to save Nat on his own) -- but they're the 2 that I just couldn't see taking part in a water-rescue like this one; it'd likely be Eric and/or Ryan.

Too many good ones for me to choose, but I'd have to say my top fave was in 'Sleepless' when H & Ryan have her down on the ground & she's screaming. There aren't many main characters on the CSI shows that can carry out that type of scenario, but it was fitting for Natalia (IMO, she's that character that can do just about anything & it works every time). It was cool to see TPTB go out of thier comfort zone & get a little crazy without going completey overboard ('Backfire' episode, I'm looking at you).

Methinks she should take in Patty & Austin (Randy's kids). It'd be a great storyline. :p

9. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I maybe the only one who thinks that a proper rescue team should pull her out from the sinking car and not Eric and/or Ryan. It is not just a swimming pool. Also seeing H down and thinking Natalia is probably dead, their emotions will be affected, so I don't see how they would just calmly dive in to pry open the trunk and get her out.

Simplified version: I think backup are already on their way, even with the typical helicopter. They immediately saw H down and quickly send him to the hospital, of course he will inform them about Natalia's situation. Somehow, the backup consist of a sea rescue team (whatever you call them) and they immediately dive in to rescue Natalia.

In no way I see H even having the energy to walk 10ft, much less going out to save Natalia.

Who knows when they are trying to do all the rescue, Randy is still lurking somewhere to ensure Natalia doesn't come back alive? If he is determined to kill her, I would expect such person to witness his whole crime till his victim take his last breadth.

This sceniro could happen, I've seen too many shows with people assumed drowned but ended up on a shore nearby. It's ridiculous but they could just skip all the logic/explanation and pull something like that.

10. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I didn't think of this in ^^that^^ post. That guy might have been stupid enough to leave a crowbar in the trunk. If Natalia found a crowbar she could pry the trunk open with it. But she'd either have to pocket her cellphone or use the glow from the cellphone's screen as a flashlight to look for one.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ Even with a crowbar it'd still take alot of muscle to pry open the trunk (considering it's submerged). I can't say I've ever been stuck in a trunk that's underwater, lol, so I don't know how much strength one would need to get it open, but I'm imagining that it's more than what Natalia could realistically do.

Michya, I wouldn't mind seeing a rescue team go after her. I think it'd make a pretty powerful moment for the viewers to "stay with the team" as they watch/wait in fear for rescuers to bring her to the surface, instead of seeing the actual rescue underwater. And forgive me, but I don't want her to be breathing yet. I want a scene of paramedics performing CPR & her looking totally dead before she coughs up the water & let's out a breath......played in slow-motion & sad music in the background, of course. :lol:
    Hey, don't judge me -- if this is the only time I get to see Natalia near death then hell yes I want the drama. ;)

12. fanilowchick

I don't they could get a rescue team there in time. So one of the team will probably leap in and pull her out, if she doesn't pop the trunk magically herself. And misjud: if you look very carefully, the last scene Horatio has in Mayday is him slumped back onto the ground. I can't tell if he's still consious/breathing but he's definitely not looking like he's going to walk anywhere anytime soon.

13. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Just imagine running in the swimming pool. The water resistance is great. Perhaps someone with diving experience can give a better realistic explanation but it is there.

Count me in!!! :p

14. byline

byline CSI Level One

"Mythbusters" tested this out, though not in the trunk of a submerged car; it was in the front seat, and Adam was trying to open the doors to get out, but couldn't until the pressure was completely equalized, inside and out. The first time, he had to go to his emergency air supply. The second time, he stayed calm and held his breath until the car was completely filled with water, which is when he was able to open the door and escape: http://mythbustersresults.com/episode72

Of course, this involves opening an unlocked door, not a latched (and I assume locked) trunk. I think Natalie's only hope is that there is an air bubble she use to breathe until help arrives.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thanks for the link, byline.
    I did a little digging myself - I'm not seeing any realistic way for her to get out on her own. Every site I came across that has anything to do with escaping a submerged trunk was in reference to acts performed by Chriss Angel & Houdini. I'd hate to see TPTB go there :rolleyes:
    The only way she would be able to get out realistically is if there's a safety latch & I'm guessing there isn't since it's an older car (probably the reason why they chose to use that model).

Not unless Horatio makes the call himself, otherwise I agree - the team wouldn't stand around waiting for water-rescue. Of course we don't know when she'll be found though, so if it comes later in the episode then I could see the team (at the lab or another location) figuring out she's in the water & they immediatly call rescue as they head that way themselves (but then there's the question of how she survives underwater for that long - even with an air bubble, she'd suffocate after awhile)
    All depends on where it happens in the episode as to whether or not I could see a real rescue team arriving.
    And tptb might just skip all those 911 details anyway -- when the premiere opens we might already see water-rescue & the team arrive (which is highly possible). Who knows....there's so many theories.

No worries. I really wasn't thinking/saying he'd go in after her -- I'd read on twitter someone sharing that theory though & for the life of me I just couldn't see it happening. All I think we'll get out of him is a 911 call, maybe.

Wonder what will happen to Randy......I think he'll wind up dead to be honest.