Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Well leave it to Eric Kripke to make me fully hate one of the characters that I liked on Supernatural. Making Castiel God is a huge blow to the face, it's almost as egotistical as making "Chuck" God and is just a way to kiss fans' butts. Yeah a lot of people like Castiel, but it's not a valid reason to kiss ass and make him God ... but I think he's going to be Evil and not God-Like ... so maybe it will work, but slowly I'm loosing interest in next season, honestly.

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

In my view, Castiel wasn't made out to be THE God, he simply has a God complex. :p I'd say he has more of a psychiatric disorder going than anything at the moment. :lol: So I'm okay with Castiel being egomaniacal and deluded, because anyone with that much power would be. I didn't see it as Kripke kissing butt, because I think the only one who thinks Cas is genuinely holier-than-thou is Cas. :lol: Just my 0.02.

That being said, the first episode was a snooze fest. The second one felt a lot more like a Supernatural episode (the music definitely helped), and I liked the portion of the episode dedicated to Sam's internal pieces. It'll be interesting to see where that leads him next season.

Going back to the Lisa/Ben storyline, I liked that their memories were wiped. Both characters are better off that way. Bleh.

3. majdurna

majdurna Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
  4. kamarun23

kamarun23 Civilian

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
  5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I think Castiel being God is not supposed to be a good thing- he's already got that maniacal gleam in his eye... :lol: I'm thinking as Finch said above, he's just got a God complex. I'm sure the boys will spend some time talking him back down next season.

I too was sort of over the Ben/Lisa storyline, but I'm glad they took some time to at least wrap it up, and I like that they at least made it so that Ben doesn't feel abandoned by Dean. A little bit of peace of mind is nice.

I wonder if Raphael is really dead, or Cas just blew up that particular meat suit? There's was no usual flash of light when angels get snuffed out? Also, Raphael is one of the biggies, so I would think he's got a little more magic mojo than the rest of the lower level angels (which would normally include Cas as well, before he picked up his fancy new superpowers).

6. kilersiman

kilersiman Victim

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Supernatural Exclusive: Spoiler's Obviously Here :shifty: What do you guys think?

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Supernatural will return to The CW on September 23.

Misha Collins Interview
    Castiel from Supernatural

© The CW
    Supernatural star Misha Collins has admitted that his future with the show is uncertain.

It was recently announced that Collins, who plays Castiel, will not return as a series regular next season.

"I am not going to be a series regular on Supernatural next year," the actor confirmed to AOL TV. "[Beyond that] I don't really know what my role on the show is going to be."

He added: "I know that I'm going to be in the first two episodes at this point, but I don't know… what the [rest of the] season holds for me."

Collins also admitted that he is aware of fan campaigns to have him reinstated as a regular, calling the efforts "very sweet".

"I haven't been keeping my finger on the pulse of [fan] campaigns, but I have gotten word from Warner Bros that they were inundated with questions," he said.

In the Supernatural sixth season finale, Castiel turned against his old allies the Winchesters, but Collins revealed that he is hoping for "some redemption" for his character.

"[It's] the best work environment I've ever had," he insisted.

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I found 4 Spoilerly articles from Comic Con about season 7 Here Here and Here Here

10. BabaOReilly

EGADS, I'm psyched! :D

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I know, me too :D Not too much longer to go either :)

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I don't think this has been posted yet, but Supernatural Season 7 will premiere on September 23rd at 9 PM Eastern Time.

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Supernatural is not heading into its final season — at least not if new CW president Mark Pedowitz has anything to say about it.

“It is not intended to be the last season,” the exec told reporters at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills on Thursday. “We’ll see how the ratings go. We hope it keeps going. We’ll take it one step at a time.”

What’s the key to the show’s longevity? “It’s about the love of two brothers and two really good-looking guys,” Pedowitz offered. “And I think that transcends the supernatural [element].”

and

The CW is bulking up its orders of four next season. The network has picked up two more episodes of Gossip Girl and 90210, the network confirmed, plus one episode each of Supernatural and Nikita. (Nope, no more Vampire Diaries).
    The reason: You know how you get frustrated with all those repeats The CW airs in midseason? Well, so does The CW. The orders bring Gossip and 90210 to 24 episodes each and Supernatural and Nikita to 23.

14. BabaOReilly

Hah, that was pretty frank- "and two really good looking guys"!!! :lol:

Yep, that certainly doesn't help. :p

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Yep :lol: I'm glad that we could get more seasons and episodes, I just don't want it to drag along like some shows do.