"In a Dark, Dark House" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:lol: I just can't take it anymore!!! :scream:

I know Nick supports what Ray did too, but Brass messing with the evidence and lying...that really, really disappoints me. He's supposed to be one of the good guys. This is what gives some cops a bad name...when one of them crosses the line to make something bad that another cop did disappear.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

In my dream episode Ray says: I did and I must resign.

Damn!

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The only problem with that is that the rest of the team signed off on their report to the IA that it was self defense. Thus, the writers took away the option for Ray to confess and leave without everyone else in trouble as well. Unfortunately.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I know there's gonna be a LOT of heat this summer about Brass. I wasn't entirely happy with it either. I can see the why, but I still don't think he should have blatantly covered for Ray. However, now if he resigns, it's definitely true that the rest of the team will get in trouble.

I guess the one good thing is that Haskell is dead.

I do hope Ray at least gets punished for what he did in the last ep.

At least this is a cliff that won't kill me with wondering all summer. Or when the new spoilers come out.

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

He may be dead, but I fear he won't be going away anytime soon. He'll be mentioned/referenced ad nauseam in Season 12, I'm sure.

6. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Brass has always been Mr. Squeaky Clean so for them to now make him mess with evidence and cover for Ray, that just completely goes against his character. But ever since Grissom left, the writers haven't known what to do with him so I guess in some ways, it fits. Ticks me off though because Brass is my favorite and I hate seeing him portrayed like this.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Agreed. That's why Haskell won't be fully gone *sigh*

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I really dislike that they all know what happened and they signed off as self defense. I dislike even more that Brass outright lied and covered evidence. There's no coming back from that and it taints the team in a way. I like that the writers went extreme with Ray and it was obvious that it wasn't self-defense to us the audience because that's not something writers risk to do with their leads. I just wish they wouldn't have involved the team as a whole up to their foreheads. They could've left it as:

a) Ray's doing and another team investigating and finding the truth
    b) Ray's doing and even if the team investigated make it a little more grayish as to what actually happened (leaving us to know the truth but unclear to the team.)

9. Smokey

Exactly! That is so, so wrong. These people are supposed to be professionals and impartial and for them to look the other way...no matter what another team member did or why...it's just wrong.

And for RAY?? Look at how disappointed they all were in Warrick when they thought he did wrong, and how judgmental Brass was about it. I don't view this as them realizing now that they should have had Warrick's back, because Warrick didn't do anything wrong. Ray did. They should NOT cover for him.

10. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Just looking at Ray should be like abrading a wound, because everyone of the team went against their beliefs. The ONLY thing to fix this would be Ray quitting so at least the rest of them don't have to see him everyday. It's going to be hard enough living with what they did, why should they have to have it staring at them day in and day out? JMO

11. Smokey

Except that everyone except Brass filed the report correctly as the evidence showed. Like Catherine said, without the cuffs they couldn't prove it. And Brass told Ray they were the only two who knew the truth. So really, Brass is the only one who officially knew it was definitely murder.

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah it does suck that they really did taint the whole team with this mess. It really is disappointing and I can totally see this sort of making next season the final season of the show if they carry this out too far into next season. They need to deal with it for one episode and just let it rest. This whole storyline has already pulled the show down.

Side note, I did love all the Greg and Sara scenes. I think that was the most I've ever seen of Greg in a season finale episode.

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Took the words out of my mouth Sharp!:lol: Warrick was held in police custody until cleared, so was wasn't Ray? After all, he was the prime suspect. Just like Warrick was. only difference as someone mentioned, was that Warrick didn't do it...Ray, though, did!

I think she was the most unbiased of the group. And even though, deep down, she was hoping it was also in self defense, she was going by what the evidence was telling her. And rightfully so. It's called doing the job right and professionally. But yer right Smokey, she was outnumbered, which is sad. A group she's worked a number of years with, and most leaning in support of Ray.

I too, am disappointed in Brass. I know he's had his questionable moments over the years, but I never thought he'd pick up and remove the tie cuff, or whatever you want to call them, that Ray originally had on Haskell. I don't know what to think of that other then disappointed. Then lie to Catherine, someone he's worked many years with? So very disappointed.

I'd have to agree. It was thorough and not rushed...even though, like you said, we didn't see the actual processing of the evidence.

Me too, but you know that this will...or at least it should leave the team divided with one another. I'm just curious now as to how they will interact with one another. And then on the other hand, tptb will probably not even bother with that and carry on as if everything was normal.

And while Haskell may be dead, did I not hear him say something along the lines of leaving a piece of him with her? Or was I just hearing things?

On a positive note though, I enjoyed my 20-30 seconds of Hodges :lol:

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think the difference between the two was that Haskell is an escaped murderer who was killed. Gedda was never really convicted of anything and was living as a free man when Warrick was accused of killing him. So it would look more like a case of self defense for Ray from the onset than it did for Warrick.

I liked Henry out in the field too for his two seconds. :lol:

15. Smokey

The team signed off on what the evidence showed. Period. Even if they suspect otherwise. Brass is the only one who flat out lied and covered up the evidence to protect Ray.

I don't care why Ray did it. He had a choice. He had Haskell in custody but he chose to murder him instead of taking him in. He's a cold blooded killer. Hell, even Nick did the right thing by not shooting McKeen. Not Ray tho.