How Much is Gas Where You Live #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

I filled my truck yesterday @$3.45 a gallon.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Bloomington, Indiana...$4.17! :eek: Up from $3.99 this morning.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Chicago now officially has the highest prices in the nation.

*barf*

I don't have a car but most of my family does, and I wish the price'd go back down.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

It's now $4.29 a gallon here in Bloomington, IN.

5. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

oh, you don't? because i live near chicago, too, and i was driving today and i was behind a car with the license plate "macs grl" and i was just like :wtf: "no. that's way too weird." but i guess it was just a coincidence lol :)
    (just to clarify, i was already thinking about CSI: NY, and then i saw the car (a silver hyundai) and i was confused....)

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Gas prices here are on a 'bit' of a roller coaster :rolleyes: Thursday I filled up and paid $1.37.7/liter. Friday the prices went down to $1.33.3/liter :eek: they never go down on a Friday :rolleyes: This morning they went up. Gas is now $1.39.6/liter :wtf: :eek: :censored: What the he11 :eek: It looks like the predication of $1.40 by the May 24th weekend is going to hold up :scream: :wtf:

7. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

yeah i know :scream: i'm on the last quarter tank in my car and every time i drive by the gas station and see the price i'm like "oh, i'll make it.... maybe the price will go down by the time i see it again..."

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here in California in the Inland Empire, it's going down, from up in the $4 dollar amount now to $3.79 for regular, Oil is now down to $100 a barrel, so this is good news:bolian:

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Desertwind, $3.79 a gallon for the lowest grade (87) gas? Ouch!!! That's 10 cents a gallon more than the lowest grade gas at the Wal-Mart gas station down the street from here where I live. I had to fill my car up yesterday. The middle grade gas (89) was $3.79 a gallon at that Wal-Mart gas station. Cost me $45.80 to "fill'er up".
    I feel everyone's pain. I really do. 2 or 3 summers ago when the gas around here got up to $4.05 a gallon for the 87 grade gas, I had to buy a locking gas cap. There would be days when the car would sit for 24 hours without be crunk or driven and yet the gas gauge needle would be down 3 or 4 marks the next time I used the car. The mechanics around here couldn't find anything to explain it. That's when I decided someone was getting some free gas at my expense and bought that locking gas cap. The locking gas cap has more than paid for itself. ;)
    Free advice: WATCH YOUR GAS GAUGES!!!

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  10. Desertwind

It was a CHEVRON, station and last month it was $4.19, same grade, same station, so I'm glad to see it's going down at least here for now;)

11. nessy

nessy Witness

Diesel is now £1.409 a litre. It's come down a couple of pence thankfully. Petrol I think is now £1.369 a litre, I have recently changed my car to a diesel Honda Civic so pay less attention to petrol prices and more to diesel prices. Was the other way around.
    On a more positive note my new car is more fuel efficient so despite the price increase I should actually save a small amount. Used to spend £65 a month on petrol and it would just last the month. Now I calculate it to be £70 for a full tank but it should last me 6-7 weeks.

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

OUCH! Said my debit card the other day when I filled up the van. $65 later at $4.09/gallon.

I thought Washington had the highest prices for gas since we have a huge gas tax. I guess I was mistaken.

13. Desertwind

It said about 3 week's ago, that Hawaii was the most expensive and Wyoming was the lowest:confused:

14. Desertwind

Here's a strange story what a "fluke":wtf:

Los Angeles..$1.10-A-GALLON GAS GOOF PROVES COSTLY

Word spread quickly about a Los Angeles gas station selling premium unleaded for $1.10 a gallon, but it wasn't a promotion. The owner says the too-good-to-be-true price was a computer glitch that cost him $21,000. Long lines snaked from the pumps at the Valero station in Wilmington on Sunday. Police were even called in to control traffic. The Torrance Daily Breeze reports that within 4 hours, about 7,000 gallons of premium were pumped at this discounted rate. Station owner Kenny Nguyen says the attendant on duty was busy staffing the convenience store and register. He says a price change didn't take, so the system defaulted to the $1.10 price..a cut of more than $3 a gallon. Nguyen hopes motorists who got the break will comeback and pay the real price [good luck on that]:eek:

PE.COM

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

It was $3.99 per gallon at the station we use. We had $1.80 per gallon off courtesy of the fact that we have to shop for food somewhere (at our supermarket for every $50 you spend you get 10 cents off on gas at certain stations and it just adds up until you use it). So we paid $2.19 per gallon for a total of $27 to fill up our little ole Rav 4.

Susan