Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I'm also a Capricorn...barely. A day earlier I'd be a Saggitarius. Maybe my being a Capricorn is why I like David so much...more than Gary Sinise, even.

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  3. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I'm a xmas baby

4. fanilowchick

Are you guys excited for the Season finale?

5. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

It's Season 8 here at the minute and i havent seen season 9 yet

6. fanilowchick

That's a shame :( Well, it looks like a great one! Horatio will be pretty seriously injured, I think.

7. Court

Court Prime Suspect

A-MA-ZING job by David in the season 9 finale tonight.

His expressions and reactions when Horatio got shot were so awesome, I was once again awed by his range ability. SOOOOO much better than the Season 6 finale when he was faking getting shot.

8. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Court, I totally agree with what you said and your spoiler about Mayday. I also totally agree with your location.
    David got to show off Horatio's loyalty and protectiveness toward his team. Horatio, in spite of being shot, mustered up enough strength to get up on his knees and shoot at the guy who put Natalia in the trunk. In my opinion, that was the best acting David has done as Horatio in season 9.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  9. whitecat85

whitecat85 Victim

[SPAM]

--Finch

Have an icon of Horatio instead:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
  10. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Have to say, David always does an amazing job - it's just he's sometimes given rotten material to do it with.

11. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

David (along with Eva La Rue) did an excellent job last night! Especially in that last 10 minutes! David's performance after Horatio was shot is a prime example of this man's true abilities and this show's terrible history of NOT taking advantage of them.

They've been seriously guilty of that with Eva La Rue for several seasons ... until THIS season. This season has proven to everyone who has an open mind about it, what an incredibly talented actress Eva is.

I haven't felt anxious for a CSI Miami premiere for several season now. But that changed last night. The strength of David and Eva's portrayals of Horatio and Natalia last night, and their amazing ability to project the horrible desperation each character displayed in those final moments, resulted in a cliff hanger that will definitely have me there for the season 10 premiere.

I'm really hoping that they are not going to pull a fast one on us and have Horatio's injury be just a scratch. That wouldn't do the character of Horatio any justice at all! Horatio WOULD NOT allow someone on his team to be locked in a truck and driven off the pier if he had only a flesh wound injury!

With Horatio being shot and Natalia locked in the trunk of a car ... in the water and going down, no less ... Frank on a tear after his injury (didn't see Frank pulling back as was previously mentioned he would - maybe I just missed it but he seemed pretty focused on catching that dude to me) ... the premier for season 10 has awesome potential if there is true follow through for these characters.

TPTB on this show have a dismal record with consistency and follow through. I'm crossing my fingers that they give these awesome actors some real quality material for resolution to this story. They are MORE then up to the challenge!

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Dang. Horatio just broke my heart last night.While I didn't see him risking his own survival to save Natalia (shooting Randy wasn't going to stop the car), I did see that this totally struck a cord for him -- he was pysically injured, emotionally hurt, & completely outraged;I truly felt that Horatio just snapped at that very moment.

David is outstanding, imo. The expression when he was trying to get up & then shooting at Randy was just - WOW! So heartbreaking.

Like others have said, I am truly hoping he doesn't just bounce right back come season 10 opener. However, with there being 2 people down & in need of medical emergency, I think it's going to be hard to have both of them in a life-threatening state.

I couldn't agree more -- for the first time in a very long while, I felt the cliffhanger's effect & feared for the characters involved...a total rush; it left me gasping.
    I don't necessarily worry if they'll live or die (I feel both of them will make it), but I can't wait to see how they're going to get H & Natalia out of this -- good teamwork is sure to come in this type of situation. And as a huge fan of Natalia & Horatio's working relationship, I'm very anxious to see how the 2 of them react once all is safe & sound -- I can only imagine how it would feel to not know the others' condition/state.

13. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

well I think back up cops might be just moments behind and assess the situation will rescue Natalie..as for Horatio, I wonder if this will make him more hesistant and 2nd guess himself in future confrontations with criminals..they both made a serious error in judgement about the meeting up with a wanted and dangerous criminal. So hopeful now for at least a decent hosptial scene with his team around him as he recovers-at least 3 min. worth in s10 premiere??? loved David C.s acting as he was surprised to get shot..

14. furryfurbi

furryfurbi Victim

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get together an unofficial "H Fans" roster. Please PM me if you're a fan of David Caruso or Horatio Caine. Let's see how many names we can get!

15. furryfurbi

furryfurbi Victim

So sorry guys! I didn't realize my PM feature wasn't active yet. ANY H FANS - please email me at furryfurbi@gmail.com