Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Even if it's Eric and Calleigh talking about a snail, I'm glad! It really look like a good episode, I can't wait to watch it :)

2. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

This week is a good week for Hiphuggers! Here's some more great news! I am so happy!
    From Megabuzz:
    What's the deal with Calleigh and Delko on CSI: Miami? Should we give up hope on ever seeing them together again? — Megan
    ADAM: Nope. Co-executive producer Barry O'Brien says their cooling-off period this season was necessitated by Emily Procter's real-life pregnancy. "It was a little bit of a detour, a little bit of a left turn," he says. "But... we know those kind of feelings don't just go away ... They may be made for each other." Hope restored, Megan?

Here's the link:http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Criminal-Minds-1032372.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
  3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

OMG just let it be true!!! *exasperated sigh* I just don't believe any of them anymore with the stringing along they've done for the past four years! If we could only get a glimpse of those "feelings that don't just go away". Come on at least in the season finale there could be a hint of something as a lead in to the next season. Which I must say that after all that's happened between them it's astonishing that we have to beg for scraps :shifty:.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
  4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Just a reminder people...

PLEASE put all discussion of future or upcoming episodes in spoiler boxes.

Thank you. :)

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

6. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Came in to check the thread and.... Youppi!!!:angel: just saw the announcement to the right of the screen :D!!!

"According to co-executive producer Barry O’Brien, Miami had to back off on Eric and Calleigh’s relationship due to Procter’s pregnancy. “It was a little bit of a detour, a little bit of a left turn,” he explained. “But… we know those kind of feelings don’t just go away … They may be made for each other.” "

No more "I love you like family"? :rolleyes: These writers are so... Anyway, as long as they fix their gaffe properly, I'll take it :D

Can't wait for Season 10 :adore: !

I don't think there's any need to put this in a spoiler box since it's right there in the thread, is there?

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's pretty awesome goodie-goodie-gumdrops:p it's about time, and it's down at the bottom of our news files as well:bolian:can't wait to see their hot camraderie again~

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Saw the scene in tonight's episode. I'm willing to bet it was the only one between Eric and Cal but I haven't seen the last 15 mins so I can't say 100%... just 99% :lol:. Anyway I perceived two things from the scene (I just saw it the one time so I want to go watch it again but here it goes).

1) Calleigh was concerned for his well being so that was nice. She told him she had just heard about what happened in the elevator and asked him if he was alright. For those who aren't watching Eric was stuck in an elevator which fell and had to pry open the doors with two suspects who later escaped.

2. When the scene was about to end Calleigh gave him a small smile and I just thought it was such a sad smile. Like when you miss someone but there's not really much you can do about it. Maybe I read too much into it but I thought it was sad.

So that was basically it... meh.

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thanks for sharing hh17! I was wondering what this EC scene might be like. Nothing special I see...:rolleyes: Well, waiting for the next season!

10. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'm not holding my breath. After what I went through on CSI:NY (I had to go to therapy to recover from it), I've retired Eric/Calleigh from my system, so I don't go through something like that with E/C in case.

Except for fanfiction, I've long since dumped shipping main characters on the CSI shows. I'm done. If E/C get together (when the time is right, particularly if Miami bids adios after season 10), then wonderful. :)

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

TY for sharing. As I am still NOT watching theese small resume are great and save me time from reading any recaps with tons of other stuff in them :) Please do keep it going on ANY E/C progess which could happen next season - hopefully :)

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Mayday: Just a phone call early in the episode between Eric and Cal. All business, nothing different, nothing interesting.

All I can say is that I'm sooooooo glad this season is finally over!!! It's not even going to be a long summer just because I really don't care about the outcome of the cliffhanger so I can rest easy ;). Totally ready for season 10 and EC goodness :). Hope we get some decent time for our couple and we can see those sparks fly again.

13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yay!!I'm so glad this season is over, too :) Thanks for sharing, hh17. I'm not even sure I'll watch season finale as I don't really care about this year's cliffhanger too.Anyway, hope we'll have some news on actors contracts. Have a happy summer everyone!

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Just to get a little discussion going on here:

Now that Miami's renewal is official and it remains in the same timeslot do you think that this will be the final season? And if it is the final season do you think that they'll do something to wrap up the EC storyline?

I do think there's a good chance that it's the final season. If it's not then the one after. If it is the final season, call me an optimist, but I do think that Eric and Cal have a good chance of ending up together. I say this because even though the relationship is pretty much forgotten in the show, outside the show the writers/producers still acknowledge it as something that had to be put aside because of Emily's pregnancy. So if it still lingers in the back of their heads it could be something that they reach to at series end because it's the kind of storyline that usually gets resolves when the show ends. If this next season is the last one it's IMO better for EC because the relationship has been on hold for just this last season but if it's not the last season and there's nothing resolved next year either then maybe they just forget about it.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  15. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I really do think this is Miami's last season, and that it was a calculated move on the part of CBS to move it to Sundays - effectively giving it less of an audience to watch, and lowering ratings even more (and I do still believe that the sagging ratings are largely due to the writers and producers). This show was really on the bubble for renewal and it could have gone either way. This show costs more to produce than it gets back in ad revenue, so I think its clear that if the ratings do not improve (thereby improving ad revenue), CBS will cancel it after this coming season.

That said, I do believe The Powers That Be at CSI:M do understand this, and would look to end the show on a good note - giving the fans what they want for all characters (within reason of course). EC fans have really been jerked around for several years, especially this past season. First it was the triangle from hell, then the constant back & forth, and then the unexplainable "I love you like family" - which was so unnecessary and really speaks to the really crappy level of writing to come out of this show, because EC did not need to cool off in such a manner just because Emily was pregnant and they didn't want to write it into the script. They *could* have had little small scenes between the two of them to indicate they were still a couple - a little "see you at home?" at the end of a scene, or "dinner at my place?" - that kind of thing. How hard would that have been?

At any rate, I do believe (really, I hope) that they will finally give EC fans what they want before this show ends for good - them in a solid relationship. Not sure they'd go so far as a wedding, but I do believe they'll resolve that relationship for the better - with Eric and Calleigh together and a solid couple. After so many seasons of back and forth, and this most disastrous last season, THEY OWE US! That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.