Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Lets face it: Horatio desperately needs an outlet. I don't see him taking up fishing or boxing to dispel all his negative emotion. Remember when TPTB promised us a peek into H's pad? Never happened, so we have no idea what he does in his downtime. I can't say I'm altogether happy with who they're hooking him up with, but any insight into Horatio as a man is ok with me. Most of the time it seems like he doesn't even have friends. We need a look behind the badge.

2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Just a question... Has anyone written to David via snail mail and had a reply in, say, the last twelve months?

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

According to those posting on several other fansites, David has been quite active recently in responding to fans mail.

4. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I actually did something I've never done before. About two years ago I wrote a very short note to David telling him how much I enjoyed his performances. I used the studio contact address. I didn't enclose anything but the note (no sase or pictures for him to sign) and told him specifically that no response was necessary.

Less that 30 days later I received a nice thank you note with several little autographed "Horatio" cards enclosed.

I know that my contact was not within the last year, but I just think that David's committment to positive interaction with fans is pretty much an established part of his personality.

I was shocked that he reponded after I let him off the hook, and at how quickly the response came. I'd give the man an A++++++ for respecting and treating his fans well.

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Good to hear. I wondered if his trust/tolerance of fans had been permanently damaged. I wrote last August (I think) to the studio address. No reply but this was from England, so maybe I should blame the postal service! And no, I'd never, ever blame him.

6. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I've actually wondered at times whether Horatio ever goes home or if he just lives on a cot at the PD! I'd love a glimpse into his personal life, however brief. Maybe we'll see more when him and Renee start dating. I can't really picture them showing any gripping love scenes, although I know David was pretty notorious for that in his NYPD Blue years, but just a little kiss or evidence that they've spent a night together... ;)

7. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

yeah breakfast on his balcony of his condo-that'd be explicit enuf since Horatio never seems to be eating or drinking much..wish they'd show them walking on the beach at sunset-yeah I know a little 'soapy' but being Miami kinda fitting-like end of a rough day lets walk as a stress reliever..just hope they show more relationship for H than 1 date then get married..and they BETTER mention him saying he's got a son..poor H new son then no son-this season was a let down on that front.

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I don't think walking on the beach would be 'soapy'. It's all in how it's done! ;)

I miss those times in the early seasons when Horatio seemed to use the beach as a place of calm and respite. A lot like Gibbs on NCIS with his boat in the basement.

The fact that his job keeps him in a constant level of hyper-stress, should make it imperative that he have a place to decompress. I think his reactions (in a lot of cases over-reaction) to circumstances and situations in the last couple of years is a perfect example of too much stress with no relief.

I always believed those scenes at the beach where he appeared, to me anyway, to be thinking and regrouping WAS Horatio's place to decompress, relax and find clarity.

9. fanilowchick

I know, I was really disappointed that Kyle wasn't even mentioned in this season. He's one of my favorites and I love how he interacts with H.

10. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

I don't mean this to sound insulting or accusing or anything like that, it's actually a serious question: do you think David actually replies to his own fan mail, or someone in an office somewhere does it for him? I mean, even hand-written replies could be written and "signed" by somebody else, and he must get millions of letters and emails and stuff...
    Jude

11. fanilowchick

i doubt it's actually him who replies to fan mail. You know all these celebrities have personal assistants who take care of that for them.

12. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

His writing is very distinctive, so his assistant must do a good imitation. Anyway, I think a lot of stars do actually sign their own stuff - I can't 100% prove this, only about 90%! Of course, assistants do the envelopes and things.

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yes, his writing and signature are very distinctive. I have no doubt he has people who help him respond to fanmail. I believe it was David who responded because of the response itself.

But sure, it could have been an assistant. It doesn't matter to me either way. Remember, I specifically told him that he need not respond.

And it doesn't change the 30 day turn-around which I found amazing considering I've seen so many people sitting on pins and needles waiting for other stars in the CSI franchise to respond to their letters 6 months to a year later.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  14. fanilowchick

Much as I hate to get rid of Barry, I must display this gorgeous new profile pic courtesy of furryfurbi on the CBS message board. Anyone interested in using it please contact me. Thanks :)

15. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I'm shocked to discover that i have the same star-sign as David