"Hitting for the Cycle" **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 25, 2011.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I did love hearing Brass's comments about Vietnam. Wish they'd do an NY crossover, 'cause Brass talking Marine to Marine with Mac would be epicness.

I was also laughing at the gamer stereotype, even though I don't play any really big MMORPGS. Just Facebook Kingdoms of Camelot...and I don't wanna spend hours in front of the keyboard. 'Cept for that one time when I was being repeatedly attacked all day long.

Re the day shift, they aren't the only one. Miami and NY are the same way, it's like there's only one shift and we know that can't be true.

I wonder if Greg is a gamer. And I think it's too bad Adam Ross wasn't around lol. I love it when he's going all geeky on NY. (hey writers, way to miss a nice crossover nod...they should have arranged for the guys to get like a list of all the gamers who were on at the time, and have Adam's name on the list. Just for the coolness factor. 'Cause we know it wasn't just Vegas guys, if it's a MMORPG. Then have Mac or Adam mention it in passing tomorrow night.) ALso agreed about the lack of Archie.

I also wanna know what Kevin said to Cath. Both 'cause she's not easily ticked off and 'cause I know I wouldn't wanna tick her off.

When did it look like Cath was wearing her BF's shirt? I missed it.

I wanna see Sara's next Skype talk....although I think the flower sender didn't know about Sara's vegetation preference. I wonder if Gil sends her vegetation every so often hehehe.

Another missed moment...they shoulda had one of the CSIs playing a CSI Crime City style game lol

Waaah, no one got wet. How can they have a pool scene and NOT have Nick take his shirt off?:confused::eek::(

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I thought the bet was fun but the downside was that I wasn't interested anymore with the cases because I just wanted to know who'd win. I didn't see the ending coming. I really thought Catherine's going to win. Doc Robbins was out of character.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, it seems he was OOC at the end of the ep :(

4. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Good episode! Two completely different cases, good mix of screentime, good humour. Could've done with less personal references for Ray though.

The opening conversation :lol: Love the guys together! Hodges knowing how long it's been, down to the minute! :guffaw:

I liked how the gamer's CoD kept changing - when they were fingerprinting the stuff, I half-expected it to be his prints and suicide. :lol:

I guessed the staged suicide in the pool when the entry wound was in his mouth, but didn't figure out the GSR reasoning.

I kind of spaced out in the middle (watching it again now), so I missed Kevin taking the pills.

Doc's logic in betting on David was perfect.

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I liked it. Though it went differently than I expected. I figured they'd be working a case or two that would be hard to explain what happened. Kinda like "Ending Happy" where the vic would have all sorts of bad things happen to him/her but the actual death blow would have been an undiagnosed and completely unrelated brain tumor or something - thus being a natural death.

I loved the Greg/Sara/Brass team up. Those three feed well off of each other. Sarcasm reaching all new levels! :lol: I've said it before and I'll say it again. They need to show more of just Brass and Greg. From Greg's "You can shoot things" to Brass' "Game over... bitches!" - comedy gold! :guffaw:

I think a heard a disturbance in the force when Nick contemplated having to jump into the pool. A thousand Nick fans cried out in glee... only to be suddenly silenced. :lol:

Hated Kevin so SO much. If Doc hated him as much as I did... Well, here's my theory. Doc did it and made it look like a natural death. He bet on David and made sure that he was the one who found the body. Knock off the bastard and win big, two birds with one stone! Explains why Doc was so OOC at the end. It. Explains. EVERYTHING!! :lol: :shifty:

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Thought the episode was decent enough. Brass was his usual self. Doc Robbins seemed to be a little OOC but I put that down to the annoying qualities of Kevin. Nick, Greg, Henry, & Hodges brought some Appendicitement into it (just not to the same extent as in Appendicitement.)

I thought Catherine was going to win the bet! :lol:

Thought the natural was just going to be wheeled in at the end of the episode. Someone who just happened to drop dead.

Never though Kevin was going to last that long. He had to be the most annoying character that they have come up with in the 11 years CSI has been on the air! :klingon:

This Nick fan was satisified with his shirt being unbuttoned in Shock Waves. I think Nick as a character and George as an actor, is beyond taking his shirt off and jumping into pools. Besides, he is assistant supervisor and there are other ways, both mechanical and human of doing it now. :lol:

Susan

7. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

I really hope Brass's finger wag at the crowd of angry gamers is his opening credits shot next season.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You made me laugh really hard really early in the morning! :guffaw: And yet...you are right. :shifty: The worst part is, when it happened, I KNEW you were going to say something! :lol: I did like seeing Super Dave in a wet suit tho. :lol:

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I loved this episode. Lots of good lines that made me laugh and the ongoing bet kept me wanting to know of the next body was the natural causes.

Kevin's CSI Redhead made me laugh as did his Grey's Anatomy reference. He was annoying but it was so much fun to watch the others reacting to him.

Good episode :)

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I actually thought this was the best part of the episode; Sara's eyerolls, Catherine's quips, Super Dave's frustrations. And, Kevin was kind of cute in a Hollywood-slacker sort of way. :) I think it would have been fun if he didn't die, and we could see how he actually integrated into the show in future episodes. Oh well, another opportunity lost.
    It's always great to Sara and Greg and Brass working together.
    Not a great episode, but it was good, and fairly typical for a fun CSI episode; predictable, but entertaining.
    I do wish Archie and Mandy had been included, but it was good to see Henry.

11. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Nope. It was a womens shirt. Buttons were on the left. Vartann's shirt would drown her.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:guffaw:Everyone was so hilarious in this episode, they all had great funny dialogue. Although it was gross and disgusting the dead people, the majority of lines for the team were comedic.:thumbsup:

Nick, Henry and Greg at the beginning. The "Cycle", Henry confused and Greg enters.. Nick "Henry's having "A Beautiful Mind" moment" So it was an Accident..Suicide, Homocide and Natural. Henry comparing it to baseball. "You know how long it's been since you guys had a perfect cycle".and lof course Hodges walks in and knows the exact amount of time, he's such a trip:wtf: "Henry, were men of science, not supertitious" Nick and that smile:D Hodges: "I purpose a little action", Nick: "What CSI brings in the natural"? "I'm on a roll right now boys"

Doc and his new "assistant" what a jerk-face, doing an autopsy on an obese woman and his nasty remarks, and Sara's expressions How did this guy nail a position here on the initial interview? GEEZ:klingon:Greg and Sara exchanging glances. like "WHAT" Doc pulling out the intestines, GROSS and sickening:(

Sara and Greg meeting up with Brass. Another huge victim dead called himself "Deviate Avenger" his name Mr. Pyles, Brass "An unfortunate name":lol:
    He died choking on his own vomit. [he had been poisoned we find out later]

Super Dave and obnoxious Kevin making more obscene comments calling him "Moby Dick" much to Sara's disbelief:confused:

2nd death.. Ray and Nick and a dead guy in the pool & stolen items. They work so comfortably together.. can't figure this one out..yet~

Cath and Doc, wih dead guy more grossness, nasty undigested food EWWW. Cath is in the cycle for $200.. Greg and Sars with the guys hard drive..

Ray doing fingerprinting and pics of crime scene. He's gotten so good at this, like water off a ducks back;)Gun at bottom of poll..

Nick to a..wipe Kevin "I don't need a lesson in forsenics, Mr. Wizard, believe it or not I know what I'm doing?:bolian: GO NICK...He meets Ray and makes more inappropriate remarks brings up Haskell, [now this is where Ray shines] he just ignores, I loved that about him. Dave gets chewed out and Kevin rags on him yada-yada-yada. Ray: "What was that":confused:NIck has a pic. of Ray thinks the dead guys ex. wife~

Greg going over videos, and finds his competitor called Ninja Assassin. Brass and Greg go to a game event, Brass : "These people need to get a life":lol: Greg: "You get to shoot people" Brass : "When I was their age I was on a real battlefield" Greg: "The winner will get $100,000" Brass : "Now I do want to shoot somebody":eek:

Ray talks to the ex. wife poignant. He seemed to be relating to his own experience, how they still loved each other. They'd had a bad encounter, he's just felt he'd lost everything.:(

Hodges and Nick Hodges: "Why didn't you find the bullet the first time"? Nick: "Are you questioning my work"? Hodges: "I've got a big one riding on you":rolleyes:

Hodges re-inacts crime ties him self up. Cath does the underwater experiment, so the guy did this himself after a loan shark came in to get his money and ripped him off, He sold a trophy for a $million and transfered it into an insurance policy for her.

Other guy was killed purposely by a gal who her girlfriend had dumped her for Mr. Pyles, and put Ipacat a poison on his pizza:(

And Ray tells wife "Sometimes when losing your spouse one losses their self, and that we failed somehow" They both still loved each other, so he did this for her:confused:

And then Dave finds snarky Kevin dead. Doc comes in he'd had an aneurysm so a "natural" death [he'd been having headaches] thus completing the "cycle" And secretive Doc won the prize. Dave goes when seeing him on his cell.'Are you calling 911" Doc goes : NO I'm calling Henry":wtf:

Once again the writers with a different twist, Totally enjoyable:bolian:

13. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

I was laughing throughout this episode. I loved Brass's comments. They always make me smile. I didn't like the new guy Kivin, but I guess I don't have to worry about him now. I thought Ray was great as usual. I think he misses his ex-wife :( poor guy. I think it was a great episode and a defiant CSI classic.

14. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

So I have one question about something that's been bothering me. Why did Sara not print the pill bottle until they brought in Evan Ferrari? They found it at the scene and they were treating the case as a homicide. Wouldn't that make everything fair game as evidence?

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh my gosh...I was going to ask that too! She said she couldn't collect it at the time, and I didn't understand why not. So not only didn't she print it, she didn't collect it, so where was it? Would they leave it at the scene? That seems weird.