Bones #3: To Resist Is Futile

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW

Please don’t say that a major character from Bones is being whacked.
    Okay, I won’t say it — but that doesn’t mean it isn’t true. At this point, my hunch is based on the tiniest rumble, and I’ll let you know if it gets to code-red panic level. Meanwhile, I honestly can’t think of a single member of this team I’d want to see gone. Can you?

Sweets scoop! The Freaks & Geeks reunion (I was there, too, by the way!) at PaleyFest made me fall in love with JFD even more!
    If you’re a John Francis Daley fan, you’re in luck. Daley told me before he hit the stage at the reunion that the upcoming Mythbusters-themed episode, which he penned along with his writing partner, Jonathan Goldstein, will be a Sweets-heavy hour — much to his chagrin. “I didn’t want to write myself into it too much because I didn’t want to be that guy. But it happened to be when they were filming the spinoff episode, so they needed Emily [Deschanel] and David [Boreanaz] to go to Florida for half of the time when we did the episode we wrote, so we had to put in a lot more Sweets,” he says. “I ended up being that guy who wrote himself into every scene.” No complaints here.

It’s been driving me crazy, and I just had to ask: What ever happened to Zack on Bones? Was he just written out of the storyline for creative purposes or did Eric Millegan leave the show? Is there any chance of him making a guest appearance or coming back for good? I like the interns but nothing can beat Zackaroni.
    First off, Zackaroni is an amazing nickname I wish the show had used more frequently when he was around. Second, they likely won’t get a chance to use it any time soon. I too am completely not over Zack, so I posed this exact question to executive producer Stephen Nathan. “I know that there’s a group of people who want him back, and Eric was a very important part of the show for the time he was on the show. Whether he comes back is partly a schedule of scheduling and partly a function of how the show is working now,” Nathan tells me. “He is locked up in the fiction of the show and that makes it difficult for him to return — as well as Eric [Millegan]‘s schedule. We have some new viewers, many of whom don’t really know Zack. So while we’ve always loved him on the show, it’s not a priority at this point, as much as we love Eric.”

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

We have to wait three weeks for a new episode. Seems like we just had to wait two weeks not too long ago. :sigh:

Anyway, about tonight's episode:

LOL at Booth all excited for the stadium seats. Why were they putting those on the curb? I didn't quite understand why that was being done lol.

Booth is kind of a baby when he's hurt lol.

"Stop shrinking around the bush" haha.

LOL poor Wendell getting that dye on him.

I swear at one point it sounded like Wendell called Jack "Hodge".

Poor Jack and Angela.
    I guess this was the devastating news about their baby that is gonna draw them closer? I hope so cause I was worried the baby would die.

LOL Brennan's confusion at the short apology between Sweets and Booth and Booth's simple "we're guys" explanation.

Goodness that's a lot of potatoes.

I love B&B's banter.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Wow a fake Pregnancy Michaela Conlin's, who plays Angela. who had to wear a suit to look the part, but now according to Tv Guide & People a real life one No suit required, Yet wondering how this will work out with the show.

Bones Star Emily Deschanel Is Pregnant

A Bones bundle of joy is on the way.

Emily Deschanel and husband David Hornsby are expecting a baby later this year, People reports.

This will be the first child for the couple, who tied the knot in September.

Deschanel, 34, stars as Dr. Temperance Brennan on Fox's forensics drama Bones. Hornsby is a writer-producer on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He also appears as Matthew "Rickety Cricket" Mara on the show.

View the happy couple (pre baby)

4. GregNickRyanFan

Well, they were talking about Booth donating sperm for Bones to have a baby in the past, but then just dropped that storyline. Maybe they will pick it back up... or have B&B make a baby the old fashioned way. Congrats to Emily and David Hornsby, that's awesome news!

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I thought the same thing. Good thing they have that backup storyline which will not come out of the blue and they can fit in at any given time. I still can't imagine Bones with a baby but I have a feeling it's gonna make me laugh quite a bit. I still remember the dancing phalanges :lol:.

6. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I actually think Bones with a Baby is going to be very cute :lol: I'm just wondering if they're going to go with Booth or with someone else, that would be weird if they went with someone else.

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Man, I was hoping she was pregnant because she was totally getting wider in the lower regions, which seemed odd since her face looked the same. Now it makes sense! Not that I mind if women gain weight- that's just realistic. But I couldn't help but notice.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Did anyone else watch the episode last week? It was a decent episode. Here are my thoughts:

LOL at Hodgins' disapproving look to Cam.

"No bodies, just feet. Kind of like having now vowels in a Scrabble game"

LOL I think Filmore and Vincent Nigel Murray would get along. They both ramble a lot.

"Don't let the Americans take my shoes, please!" - This made me lol. I don't know why, its just the way he said it I guess.

"You just out me'd me."

I had a feeling Michelle's bf would break up with her when the Columbia University acceptance letter came in.

Anyone have a link to the preview for next week's ep (preferably on you tube)? My local Fox channel started to play it, but after it played the "next thursday" , it switched to commercial and then the news came on.

9. GregNickRyanFan

A lot of butterflies. Haha it was the guy that screamed instead of the girl when they found the dead body. And he ran off too lol. And the girl says, "I hate online dating". Hehe.

Aww cute goat!

Even Brennan's confused. And she doesn't like the feeling. Who does? lol.

Vincent, yay! He's adorable hehe.

"For cause of death you want me to put down goat sucker?" hehe.

LOL when drunk Vincent spread rumors about sleeping with Ang and Tempi? LOL. And Bones laughs about it LOL. "It appears I've hurt your feelings" Aww, she's learning.

Temperance, you might not want to make an enemy of Crypto-zoologist guy.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  10. michael799a

michael799a Civilian

thanks for post

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It was funny watching tonight's episode focusing on the chupacabra. When I was little the chupacabra was a huge deal here in Puerto Rico and it was often mentioned. It was never taken seriously by most people but there were others who were so convinced. Now it's just more of a cultural joke. Good episode quite enjoyable.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Is the time stamp thing on the posts off for anyone else? Right now it says 8pm when its 9pm my time which is what I have it set to, so it's supposed to say 9.

Geoff Stults guest stars as an old friend of Booth's. I wonder if he's the one that is gonna be in the spin-off.

Can someone please tell me what the killer's motive was in tonight's episode? (in spoiler code if its before midnight) My mother called during the last few minutes and I missed that part.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I need to catch up big time.

I wanna know how they'll handle it when Emily starts showing her baby belly...the lab coat can only hide so much. And it's not like she can stay in the lab all the time :(

14. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I watched most of last night's episode, which was the pilot for the proposed spin-off. The spin-off has some potential but it didn't make me all warm and fuzzy. I think the scene explaining why the hero-to-be may be so good at finding things turned me off the character.

15. promobnk34

promobnk34 Victim

Thank you for sharing relation. We look forward to new work.