"The List" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 5, 2011.

1. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Could be he was just listing the possibles. He was in prison with a lot of time on his hands to stew over the past.
    LaSquisita

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I may be wrong, but I think the Gold Coast is known for their cheap buffet, so he was implying Conrad was...cheap. :lol:

The case was a little confusing for me at first, and so I missed the fact that the body wasn't found and it didn't ruin the "she's alive" factor for me. But I couldn't quite get a feel for the timeline. How long ago was she supposedly murdered?

I loved the scene where the sister's body was found. They were all out there and so much was going on. I think Ecklie and Catherine were great in it. And Ecklie telling Nick not to be a smartass. :lol:

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think about 4 years ago. The victim was in solitary for protective reasons for 6 (?) months, then had been in the general prison population for 3 years. At least, that was my understanding. I guess I could watch again for these details, because I'm sure they were there, especially when reviewing the money transfers; but I really have no desire to watch it again.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

That's true...I remember the 3 years part now. I guess at the beginning I thought it had been a few years, but later when they started talking about what was currently going on with her and the money, it seemed too recent for stuff related to her "murder" to still be going on.

Maybe I'll catch a better feel for it on the second watching later. :)

5. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Good episode :D

I was worried at the start that it was going to be too Ray heavy for my tastes, but it turned into a really good ensemble episode :)

Ray shouting in the prison seemed off, it would have been fine coming from Brass, but felt OOC for Ray to me.

Loved Greg running through the halls :p Enjoyed all of Greg's scenes actually (shock).

The case was a bit predictable, but it had good performances from the guests. I enjoyed the episode more for the continuity and interaction between the regular characters than the case itself.

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I liked it. A good episode with tons of continuity. I just have a few nit picks about the timeline.
    Wasn't Vartann married when he was at the academy? Same with Brass? Just throwing that out there.

I loved the diner scene with Cath and Vartann. Love how both of them are very strong and passionate about their jobs and neither one backed down.

The opening scene had me cringing. I thought Ray's yelling was a bit uncalled for. And every guard knows not to parade the White Supremists in the walkway at the same time as the other inmates. That gave the guard away right there.

I know I tend to miss things so I will have to watch again.

Overall a good episode.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Very good episode. I really enjoyed that there were lots of Catherine - very active and involved in the case. It was complicated. I had to rewind some scenes but overall it worked so well.

Errr what's with the attitude, Ray? You're yelling at murderers, drug pushers, rapists etc. You're not gonna scare them by showing them your tonsils! I think LF overacts with that scene. It's really annoying. I'm sorry I really didn't get Ray's angst. I guess it's just a follow up on Ray's MAOA(?) gene?

8. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

I think Vartann was already divorced at time they were talking about (1997?) because in Panty Sniffer he mentioned that his ex-wife sent their son to live with him because he was a handful, and the kid was high-school age at the time (in PS he mentioned Jake just turned 21), and I got the impression his ex had custody for awhile before that.

Brass, on the other hand, was divorced before he left New Jersey.

9. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Oh thank goodness I wasn't the only one who didn't immediately think of dinner ;-)

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I just rewatched it

Again Ray got on my nerves, I guess they're gearing him up for the dark side, Yay!! :rolleyes::scream: I'm not saying that he had to be nice to the prisoners but really :wtf: one ep he's an ok guy I can live with the next he's just Ugh!!

Plus he was getting a little too close for comforant with the prisoner in the interrogation room, did he learn nothing from his nemesis Haskell and that's more of Brass' job

The scene with Greg and Ray, I can't see how the lasers can predict how the vic was stabbed, bullets yeah but whatever

I'm starting to miss Hodges, hopefully we'll see him next time

Love all the mentions from old episodes and the personal stuff, that and even screentime is what made the ep for me :)

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It wasn't just the lasers. They were using the splatter patterns on the inmates' clothing also to determine who the stabber was.

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Hahahaha that makes three of us!:guffaw:

13. GregNickRyanFan

Make that four LOL. I think that was the intent of the writers though.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Me five! :lol: I keep wondering what kind of witty response Cath would have had to his comment if she was there instead of Ray. She had some other great one-liners in this eppy. She was getting on a roll!

15. GregNickRyanFan

Until he said the "dinner" part, I was thinking "WTMI, Doc!" :lol: