Episode 9x15 - 'Blood Lust' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

The butterfly thing was odd but the whole episode was eerie.

Ryan in his magic suit lol I enjoyed the thing about the digging. Ryan is hot. Wasn't my favorite episode but not horrible. Miami is more about flash, so I'm ok with that.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Question...is this the first time a title was repeated or has it happened before? CSI already had Blood Lust back in its early seasons.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

The CSI season 11 episode 'Blood Moon' was also a title in season two of Miami. I know that a future episode of CSI:Miami is called
    "Caged"
    just like an episode of CSI in season 2, I believe. So it's not the first time and it probably won't be the last time that titles are recycled.

As for the episode, I missed it on Sunday so I'll try to catch it on ctv.ca. :)

4. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What a couple of twisted characters, so off-the-wall, and "Blood Lust" was a name of a episode in S/3 Las Vegas. 3 characters of this show are formerly from the soap "All My Children" the new gal in the lab she was Lily, the hubby of the demented couple,[forget his soap name] and Eva LaRue. This was so creepy and so brutal. How could people do this? It left me with such a sick feeling in my stomach. Poor Natalia, lord have mercy. Horatio came to her rescue. Question why does he always wear a suit and tie, and none of them wear vests? They all do in CSI/Vegas, just wondering:confused:

6. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority when I said I did not see that twist coming. :lol: The whole episode I was bent on it being the real estate agent and his secretary. I was off. But man was the woman and her husband a couple of twisted characters. Holy geez. They gave me the creeps. I felt so bad for those poor girls who were killed just to keep that man and woman's marriage going. ~shivers~ And the whole finger nail thing, EWWW. That must be REALLY painful, and the fact that they kept them... yuck!

I too wondered about that whole H and butterfly thing. I thought they were trying to be "artsy", but it came off as weird to me.

No Calleigh in this episode, which was upsetting. But she had to take her maternity leave sooner or later. Hopefully she'll be out in the field next week since she's not pregnant anymore. :)

Ryan was hilarious as always. I love his humor and am glad TPTB are incorporating it into the episodes again. :)

I also like Ryan/Molly's interaction and I really like Molly. She seems really sweet and an overall nice girl. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her in the future! :D Now we just need Travers and Valera back.. Even though I say that every week. :p

Despite how incredibly sick and twisted this episode was, I still really enjoyed it. I'd give it a solid A. :)

7. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I didn't see the swerve until 45 minutes in when I did my best Adam West voice and said "No! It can't be them!!"

The spinoff Criminal Minds show is doing something where the villain is a sniper so there are some similarities.

That's why I loved this episode. We haven't seen gritty eps like this since season one.

Yeah that was an odd scene. Maybe Mr. Butterfly will turn him into Happy Horatio :)

For some reason, the part where Ryan is talking about shovelling reminded me of an X-Files ep where Mulder asked Scully if she was impressed by his tree climbing.

I think someone mentioned Horatio shooting the guy in the back. I thought about it too then let it go because Natalya was in danger and he was dealing with two psycho's who had already killed two people so there was no telling what would happen next.

Rating 4/5

8. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

That reminds me of something I heard in the commentary for "Urban Hellraisers", where Natalia also had a gun to her head. DC had expressed concern that Horatio would shoot a perp in the back. He would only be comfortable with the character doing such a thing if it seemed Natalia's life was so in danger that he had no other option. Thats why I don't see much problem with H shooting the husband in this episode; he was the one holding the gun to Nat's head after all. If he had killed the woman, too, then we would've had a problem.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Was it just me or did Tom wink at Ryan when Ryan was teasing about having done all the digging by himself?

10. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Overall, the episode was so-so.

My opinion on Molly did a 180 this week. When she first appeared, I found her ditzy and annoying, but she was much better in this episode. Intelligent, professional, but not robotic.

Loved Ryan's quip to Tom and Natalia, about "Hey Tom, notice how Ryan is the only one doing any shoveling?" I really enjoy Ryan and Tom.

I think someone else already mentioned it, but there's got to be some law on this show that when there's a messy crime scene- whether it's a fire, or digging up a body, at least one CSI has to wear white. Whatever happened to the jumpsuits they used to have? I know they don't allow for as much cleavage and booty to be shown, but they could save that for INSIDE the lab if they absolutely needed it. :rolleyes:

I liked Alicia Witt (the female killer). Girl was cray-cray beyond belief, and she played it well, too. I didn't see the twist coming. But then again, I never really care about seeing the twist with this show. I prefer to just see it as it is, whether or not I'm shocked by the outcome.

11. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

I really liked this one. One of my faves this season actually. I love the chemistry (not romantic) between Natalia and Ryan. I love the tea
    being playful with eachother. They are feeling a lot more like a family which they Gould beingthat they've almost all been working together for 6 or more years.

12. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

My first reaction was that the whole storyline played out too simplistically, but then I realized I was comparing it to Criminal Minds, which approaches that kind of scenario from a different angle. I, too, was surprised at Alicia Witt's character's involvement, but I think the writers set us up by initially showing her escaping, but not showing us the part with her looking back and laughing at the other girl. That was a cheap way out for them to be able to say they fooled us. I was glad to see Alicia Witt, but she is so talented and they didn't really take advantage of that.

My first reaction to H shooting the husband was shock, but it was in defense of Natalia. I liked that we had to think about that for a second before it sunk in. It also took me right back to Firefly's pilot, where Mal unexpectedly walks into a hostage situation near the end and immediately shoots the bad guy dead without saying a word, bullet whizzing within an inch or two of the hostage's face.

13. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Great episode. The past two episodes have been top notch. I loved seeing Alicia Witt. I've had a crush on her for about a decade. :D

14. gsugirl

gsugirl Victim

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I don't have a lot to say about this episode. An okay eppie, but not the best one I've seen.

Random Thought:

--Alicia Witt does crazy well

--Jon have great comedic timing and I am glad they are incorporating it in to the eppies.

--I was screaming NATALIA BEHIND YOU!!!!!

--I love Tom

--Molly seems pretty decent but I miss Travers

Not much else to add.