"All That Cremains" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Oh yeah, makes perfect sense. He certainly has proven he doesn't need one! :p

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Greg is quite often lagging behind when the others go after suspects, like in Sqweegel when Cath went into the car wash with her gun and he came behind her with a flashlight. Maybe he'll bop Bieber with that board next week. ;)

3. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Maybe he learned after that horrid day when he ran a kid over, then got beat up by the washed up pop star in a piggy mask... Let someone who gets paid hazzard pay get hit ;)

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:lol: Possibly! Either way, if he's gonna have one and then not have one and then have one again, they ought to say something about it.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was very pleasantly surprised by this episode. I had very low expectations and found myself very intrigued throughout and feeling very sorry for Ray. The scene with him and Gloria's fiancee was just so awkward I was cringing and felt so bad for him. That was just an awful situation to be in. At least now he can move on and finally has the ring off his finger. The Hodges and Nick scene was hilarious :lol:.

The case kept me interested and guessing as to who had done it. I thought that the girl being the killer was quite farfetched though as some have mentioned. It was too gruesome an act and too well executed for a 13 year old.

I love Frankie :). Her "gross" comment was pretty funny and I like her interactions with the team.

Pretty decent episode :) Only thing lacking was Cath :(.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I agree. And Brass. I'd have liked it more if not for the extreme lack of them.

7. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Eh ok episode.

Greg and Hodges were my favorite part :) Hodges being his usual nosy self & Greg whacking the guys w the board! I really enjoyed Frankie too. Pairing her w Sar in interrogation was niceee.

Other than that...no Cath OR Brass :( The thing w Ray was extremely random!!! Why didn't he just tell the team?! Lack of trust and loyalty there.

Next weeks looks GREAAAT! Can't wait ;)

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was worried about this episode before watching it. I was worried that it would be almost entirely focused on Ray's situation, but I loved the way that was handled. The writers are doing a pretty good job this season overall. I really really enjoyed Ray in this episode.

I liked them teaming Sara and Frankie up. It reminded me of older days when they paired her and Sofia up. I liked Sofia's interaction with Sara and Brass the best. Wasn't that keen on her interaction with the rest of them. She fit best with Sara and Brass IMO.

Of course my two fave parts of the episode were Greg whacking the bad guys with the board and Nick trying to get Hodges out of the room where Ray and Gloria were lol.

9. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Wasn't expecting to enjoy this episode, but surprisingly it's one of my more preferable ones this season.

I'm glad that Frankie is a recurring character instead of a one-off. I like her character's brash, snarky attitude.

So now Hodges can work in Ballistics, Fingerprints, Trace, DNA and A/V. Seriously, is there anything he can't do? And does this mean a permanent end to Bobby? :(

I loved the irony of Dave saying that he and Robbins hadn't seen Ray's wife in the two years they'd worked together while they've been there eleven and no hint of their wives :lol:

Greg really saved the episode for me. Him knocking out the suspects with the plank of wood and acting so cool about it was just perfect :guffaw: I enjoyed how much time he got this episode, and how much variety he got; with the suspects, at the crime scene, in the lab, asking the priest questions (really, when was the last time we saw him doing that?), and using a blowtorch!

As for Cameron, I didn't find it all that unrealistic that she did the crime. There are girls in my gym class who are fifteen and can drag around equipment that's around the same weight as a tad overweight human. I also didn't think it was too cold-blooded; we kids are a very cruel bunch, and I've heard and thought of much worse things to do to someone than murder and sawing off limbs :evil: She's definitely one of my more favourite one-ep villains in any case.

Barring the whole divorce storyline (even if I liked Ray I hate storylines revolving around divorces or anything of the sort) I actually liked this episode. Might watch it again sometime.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This is actually quite disturbing to read. I think that killing your father by shoving your mother's remains down his throat while having him tied down and then cutting him off in pieces, cleaning it up and placing the body parts to be picked up by a thrift store is as cold blooded as you can get. Especially this girl that showed no remorse after, and especially since she's just 13 years old.

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I liked the episode, but I figured out it was going to be the daughter early on, so no surprise there for me. :p She was one cold-blooded killer.

As for her being to pull it off, she could and she could have dragged her father. I am sure adrenaline would have been pumping through her brain and that can give you strength to do almost anything. I remember (quite a long time ago) that a mother lifted a car :eek: off her son when the jack gave out and the car fell on top of him, so if she can lift a couple thousand pound car, a teenager could drag a dead guy. :lol:

Nick was great in this episode, as usual. :D Him getting Hodges out of the garage was great. :lol: Will Hodges ever learn to shut up. :lol: I could just see Nick going in there and pulling Hodges out by his ear. :lol:

As for Greg hitting the guys with a board, I'm surprised he did anything as he usually just lets Nick handle everything. But yeah, he doesn't need a gun :rolleyes:, like that board would have protected him if the two guys had a gun. However, it was funny.

I love when they have Nick with kids. He is always the best at dealing with them and comforting them. "It's ok, honey." :adore: And then offering to stay with Cameron. It was so sweet. Too bad she was the killer. :p

I'm beginning to like Frankie. I think she'd fit in well. I could even deal with her being a love interest for Nick. They could make a good couple.

"Gross" :guffaw: Well, it isn't like she wasn't telling the truth. :lol: That is gross. :lol:

12. GregNickRyanFan

The girl in this episode kind of reminds me of the boy in that episode of Criminal Minds who got made at his little brother for breaking his toy plane, so he pushed him down and stuffed plane parts down his brother's throat, killing him. The BAU agents said the boy was a sociopath and I think that's exactly what the girl in this episode was. It's one thing to be upset because your parent ignores you. It's one thing to just get so upset that you kill them in a rage. But to kill them by making them choke on something like plane parts or their dead spouse's ashes... and in the girl's case, to then dismember their body and put it boxes to be delivered to a thrift store, that's a sociopath, plain and simple. What if those older ladies who found the body parts had had heart attacks from the shock and died? Then the girl would be responsible for more deaths. She may only be borderline sociopathic because she was crying and declaring that she loved her pseudo stepmom, I dunno... but there was definitely some screws loose.

Katee had really good comedic timing with her "Gross!" line just like in the ep with the tainted water when she told them not to shoot her in the ass. :lol: She's funny.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  13. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Like I said, I have heard worse. You'd be surprised how much violence is readily available for kids to see, and the negative effect it tends to have on the imagination, especially when you factor in such things as compassion fatigue :shifty:

14. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

now that is a site I would love to see :lol:

15. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: And I have a feeling there would be a lot of requests for an animated icon of that scene were it to happen. :lol: