Mac/Jo: Making good first impressions

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I really like Mac and Jo's interactions so far. She definitely brings out a lighter, more relaxed side to him. Loved their talk in 'Damned if You Do' when he sees her looking at that form on his desk and talks to her about it, and how what could have been a confrontation/arguement was instead a sincere talk between them. Loved her opening up to him, and him reassuring her she could trust him, awwwwwwwww. Not sure whether I would want them together romantically, though I do think that could happen, but I definitely love them as friends/partners.:):):)

2. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I agree with you all you said. :) I think they're good partners/friends and I love that Jo brings up Mac's lighter side which I know isn't an easy task! :lol: I think there's good balance between them and I enjoy watching their scenes a lot. ;)

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I like the lack of angst between Mac and Jo. I'd like to see, as I think some people here have said, some tension/conflicts between them because of how different they are, and because I'd like to see how they'd deal with it. I like character angst, for Mac especially :devil: but I'd like to see it be in areas other than his relationship/friendship with Jo - I liked in previous seasons for example when he had stuff going on with his bosses, Reed, and back in s1 connected to his dealing with Claire's death. Stella many times acted as an opposite to that angst, she was there to support and help Mac, but at times she was kind of the cause of some of his angst. I guess because they're both pretty intense, passionate people. Jo is very different to Stella (and Mac) in that she's very chilled and relaxed, and I like how she brings out a more relaxed, chilled side to Mac. I would like to see how they would handle disagreement/conflict. I think Jo would be perfectly capable of being able to stand up to/contradict/calm down Mac when necessary, but I feel it wouldn't be quite as angsty and -stressful as it could be with Stella at times - for example during the Greek coin storyline in s5. There was nothing wrong with that, it was just Stella's way, but it would be nice to see something different, and Jo is very different in the way she interacts with Mac and the rest of the team. For example, that scene in 'Damned if You Do' when Mac caught her looking at those papers, and the whole 'trust' issue came up, and instead of it turning into a blazing row, they had a whole discussion about it, and Jo opened up and Mac reassured her. Very nice.

As far as shipping goes, I'm still not sure about them becoming involved romantically, but I really, really love the friendship we've already seen developing between them, and hey, a friendSHIP is a kind of ship, right?:lol:

I hope this all makes sense to some degree and I don't sound like Crazy Cat Lady from The Simpsons, btw.:lol:

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

'Do Not Pass Go' was on here last night and I loved the Mac/Jo scenes in it. Loved when Ellie turned up at the lab and Mac told Jo to take all the time she needed, despite them being in the middle of a case. Loved the look on Mac's face when Jo said she used to work in a burlesque house. Love the scene where he told her he had her back, and meant it not in a 'cop-to-cop' kind of way, like if they were chasing a suspect, but in a friend way. Loved the end scene just before she went to have dinner with Ellie - Mac saying 'I read files too', and Jo inviting him to dinner and Mac declining - I thought that was sweet, he presumably didn't want to intrude on her time with her daughter, and the look on his face when he saw the state of her desk, LOL. It was not only sweet and amusing, but it pretty much matched mine, like Mac I am very tidy.
    Really enjoying the dynamic between them so far, and can't wait to see more. I think Jo, and particularly her interactions with Mac, have really given the show an injection of life.

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I saw 'Hide Sight' last night, and I thought there were a couple of really nice Mac/Jo scenes in it. First the one where Mac was telling her about working Michael's case and he obviously felt guilty about losing touch with Michael and his family, and Jo said something like 'we can't do everything on a case, Mac' and also the scene where Mac told Jo and Lindsay Michael was dead, and Jo said, 'Oh Mac, I'm so sorry' - there was such warmth and genuine compassion when she said that. It was nice to see Jo offering Mac some emotional support/understanding, we've seen Mac offering her that - when he reassured her in 'Damned if You Do' that she could trust him, and in 'Do Not Pass Go' when he told her he had her back and also when he told her to take all the time she needed with Ellie, so it was really nice to see Jo being the one reaching out to Mac, and I think it showed how close they have become, and this is only 7 episodes in. Very nice moment. Every time I see these two together, I just enjoy them more and more, both together (as partners, friends, and maybe more?) and as individual characters. One of the best things about any relationship between two characters is when their moments/scenes together bring out great/interesting/different aspects of each character.

6. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

She makes him so relaxed I think it's adorable. I'm just returning from a very, very long CSI hiatus and I just finished up watching all the episodes of CSI:NY so far this season [except for "Party Down"] and I just have to SQUEEE at those scenes they ALWAYS have together at the end of the episodes. She puts him at ease so quickly that it's just amazing. She's entirely his type: feisty, intelligent, observant, upbeat, amusing, loyal, not to mention, of course, beautiful. :D

I laughed so hard at their last scene in "Smooth Criminal" [neat episode, btw]. Oh Jo's words in that scene instantly made her my 3rd favorite character in CSI:NY [erm, after Mac and Sid]. :lol:

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I agree about her relaxing him. She makes him smile a lot too. Last Saturday we had 'Scared Stiff' on here in the UK (tonight is 'Justified') and I LOVE the scene at the end where she pulls him away from work and gets him to walk her to her car. I mean, I'm pretty sure Jo wasn't actually worried about walking to her car in the dark, she just knew that would be a good way to pull Mac away from his work. She was obviously a bit worried about him too, and how the case was affecting him.
    There are some nice caps of Mac & Jo from the latest US episode 'The Untouchables' over on the Mac thread by the way.

Oh, and I agree about her being his type. He definitely likes her a lot already - even if right now it's more as a partner/friend (though perhaps a hint of something more). I love the different side she brings out in him. She seems good at pulling him away from work and also getting him to open up about stuff that's bothering him, which is important - Mac needs that.

I just thought too that they kind of have something in common in that Jo has Ellie and Mac has Reed, they both have connections/relationships with children that are not their own biologically. It would be nice to maybe see them talk about that.

Jo is my third favourite character too, only in my case, she comes after Mac and Adam.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

'Justified' was on here last night. Loved Jo confronting Mac at the elevator and calming him down and making him take a step back. I love that rather than turning into a confrontation/massive arguement, he actually listened to her. I like that she's prepared to stand up to him, and, more, that she did it in a calm, reasonable way rather than getting in his face about it - she seemed to know how to handle him, make him see reason and calm down. Was nice to see them butt heads, but that that didn't affect their relationship as friends or partners.
    Oh, and I loved the scene at the end when she went to talk to him about the case and told him she found out about him going to the DA and getting them to be lenient on Carver. Just loved how comfortable they seem together, although I think Mac is definitely one of those 'people up here' that Jo joked don't know quite what do with her Southern charm. It clearly appeals to him, but he just as clearly doesn't know quite what to do with her, and that's very cute.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm still a diehard Smacked girl, but have you all got a name yet? I had one come to my mind this morning: MAJOr.

It sounded better in my head. Maybe TA-DA is better...for TAylor and DAnville.

10. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

I think MoJo was suggested earlier, but MaJor works better... :lol: Ta-Da? We could make all kinds of puns with this...

I'm not alone when I say I hope Jo never, never, never, never, ever leaves, right? She's too awesome to leave.

I'll be watching the episode that aired last night later today [because I have a piano exam in a few hours]. Go MaJor!

11. csimiamigirl

csimiamigirl Hit and Run

I have never posted on this thread before but I am a Huge Mac/Jo shipper didn't think i would since i was a HUGE Smacked fan but I Just fell for these 2

I Love how Mac is Different around Jo she brings out a side of him that no one has been able to do and is able to make him do stuff Like going Window shopping i can not picture Mac window shopping LOL

These keep me wanting to watch every week just to see if we would get more Scenes
    I Loved the scene at the end of Smooth Criminal cause I really hadn't seen Mack actually Laugh

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Oh, yeah. MoJo works too.

13. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'll just stand back and have caution towards investing in shipping Mac and Jo at this point in history.

I do actually like the interaction between the two even though my attitude has had enormous ebbs and flows over time here since last summer.

I think Mojo, Tayville, JACked, MaJo, or Danlor are ideas in my book. I'm not claiming to be making a 180, not even close. I obviously find it premature to go beyond mere flirtatious friendship, at least until season 8 comes under way, which although I still am not holding my breath, looks slightly more likely, albeit still a 50/50 chance at this point. :)

I DO however remain very, very apprehensive towards this going canon anytime soon at this point, even when I'm in a good mood.

I just want to say, be careful and not let this go down in flames. I say this as a former SMacked fan who was 9/11-ed last year.

We'll see how this goes over time. I'd rather they go very slow and careful at this point. Mac and Jo have a chance, AFTER season 7. I'm not plugging into this too much, but I'll eventually give this a chance, while Kanakaredes becomes the Afghanistan, or Chernobyl of my world: Either a war-torn ruin or a radioactive ghost town nobody goes near.

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

MaJor is cool, though MoJo has a nice ring to it.
    But MaJor fits better with the letters (and Mac being a Marine!)

PianoWizzy, you are most definitely not alone in hoping Jo never, never, never, ever leaves I hope so too. I'm sure Mac won't be letting her go anywhere anytime soon ;-) It is 'Shop till You Drop' here tonight, can't wait to see Mac and Jo in action, I don't even care that for me it's a Christmas ep in March.

Go MaJor!

15. mohaustin

mohaustin Victim

now csi shows stinks because of lack of couples