Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Margamania

CSI 11x17 "The F List"

STORY LINE: The team investigates the prison murder of a cop, Vance, who was incarcerated for murdering his wife, but believed he was framed.

When you consider the last place a cop (even a dirty cop) wants to be is in prison this could be interesting.

Susan

Here is an old spoiler to answer a question someone had in the Nick thread about Nick's therapy and whether or not he will continue.

Nick, who was shot in the finale, has some healing of his own to do, Eads says. "He didn't come out of that battle as bad as Langston did, but he has some residual effects of trauma that he's been through," he says. "We'll see over the progression of a few episodes, him having to come to terms. After every shooting you're supposed to go see a shrink. That's something that's very un-Nick to do."
Eads says Nick calls on other people for their help, as well as the memory of a familiar face.

"He kind of calls on the ghost of Grissom [William Petersen] to guide him and help him out," Eads says. "After that, he kind of adopts a tough-as-nails attitude to deal with what he's got to deal with.

"Nick's physical wounds healed rather quickly, but his mental wounds are more severe," Eads says. "With what I'm playing this year, it's not that Nick has a death wish, but you'll see, especially after his initial meltdown in the premiere, a whole different character come out of him. If Nick was Bruce Wayne last year, this year he's Batman."

Interesting that it says he will deal with the trauma in "the first few episodes"....sounds like maybe he's done, but then the other quote alludes to stuff we haven't seen yet, unless they count looking at Miss Piggy as "calling on the ghost of Grissom". ;) And that's quite possible.

Yes, but Brass was above Grissom in the first episode and Grissom took over his job in the second episode. So that would make Grissom head of CSI.

In the first episode Brass was handing out assignments, not Grissom. In any case, Grissom was a supervisor, but Brass was the boss, so like a manager.

Here's the dialogue from "Cool Change"

GIL GRISSOM: I just got off the phone with the Sheriff. He says he wants me to run the unit.

JIM BRASS: You're the boss.

So Grissom was a 'boss', but not 'the' boss.

I don't remember Ecklie ever saying that to Grissom. The only time Grissom sorta 'lost' his position was in 'The Strip Strangler' when he was taken off the case.

(Smokey, DJ, sorry OT. You can move these to the I have an LV question thread? Should be there? :)

But that's my point, Grissom was always a supervisor of Grave shift, which he was for the rest of his tenure on the show...I'm aware that Brass was above him, but some seem to think that he didn't become a supervisor until the second episode. In an episode...I can't remeber for the life of me...but its in the first or second season...pretty sure its the first, where Ecklie says "heard you lost your gig" which I strongly believe was in referece to being in charge of the Unit, because as said in the first episode it was more than likely only temperairily when Catherine says who is going to run the unit grissom replied "for now me". But he has always been Supervisor of Grave Yard.

And sorry that this is in the spoilers thread. Mea Cupla for starting it.

And sorry that this is in the spoilers thread. Mea Cupla for starting it.

It's cool...it all stemmed from a spoiler. ;) But Maybe the character development thread might be a good place to continue if more discussion is wanted. :)

Here is an old spoiler to answer a question someone had in the Nick thread about Nick's therapy and whether or not he will continue.

Nick, who was shot in the finale, has some healing of his own to do, Eads says. "He didn't come out of that battle as bad as Langston did, but he has some residual effects of trauma that he's been through," he says. "We'll see over the progression of a few episodes, him having to come to terms. After every shooting you're supposed to go see a shrink. That's something that's very un-Nick to do."
Eads says Nick calls on other people for their help, as well as the memory of a familiar face.

"He kind of calls on the ghost of Grissom [William Petersen] to guide him and help him out," Eads says. "After that, he kind of adopts a tough-as-nails attitude to deal with what he's got to deal with.

"Nick's physical wounds healed rather quickly, but his mental wounds are more severe," Eads says. "With what I'm playing this year, it's not that Nick has a death wish, but you'll see, especially after his initial meltdown in the premiere, a whole different character come out of him. If Nick was Bruce Wayne last year, this year he's Batman."

Interesting that it says he will deal with the trauma in "the first few episodes"....sounds like maybe he's done, but then the other quote alludes to stuff we haven't seen yet, unless they count looking at Miss Piggy as "calling on the ghost of Grissom". ;) And that's quite possible.

We could see something more on that In "Targets of Obsession". We know Bieber's character dies. If Nick has something to do with that it might just point out, even to him, that 2 sessions weren't enough. Yes he's had his gun out several times but he hasn't really been confronted with it like he was in "Shock Waves". (Yes I'm going on the fact that when he gave those quotes the episodes this far ahead weren't written yet. :lol:)

Susan

We could see something more on that In "Targets of Obsession". We know Bieber's character dies. If Nick has something to do with that it might just point out, even to him, that 2 sessions weren't enough. Yes he's had his gun out several times but he hasn't really been confronted with it like he was in "Shock Waves". (Yes I'm going on the fact that when he gave those quotes the episodes this far ahead weren't written yet. :lol:)

I hope so. I hate it when they drop the ball on something like that. Really looking forward to that episode (hot fireman and new bomb tech! :lol: ) despite Beiber's presence. ;)

THE CSIs MUST INVESTIGATE A BOX CARRYING A DEAD BODY THAT HAS BEEN DONATED TO A THRIFT STORE; LANGSTON'S WIFE VISITS THE CRIME LAB, ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, FEB. 10

Singer Christiana Millian ("Pulse") Guest Stars as the Victim's Ex-Girlfriend; Tracee Ellis Ross ("Girlfriends") Guest Stars as Langston's Wife; Hip-Hop Artist Yelawolf Makes a Cameo Appearance

"All That Cremains" -- A thrift store donation turns gruesome when a dead body is found in a box; meanwhile, Langston's wife pays a surprise visit to the crime lab, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION. Singer Christiana Millian ("Pulse") guest stars as the victim's ex-girlfriend, Sydney. Tracee Ellis Ross ("Girlfriends") guest stars as Langston's wife, Gloria Parkes. Hip-hop artist Yelawolf makes a cameo appearance.

SERIES REGULARS:
Dr. Raymond Langston... Laurence Fishburne
Catherine Willows... Marg Helgenberger
Nick Stokes... George Eads
Captain Jim Brass... Paul Guilfoyle
Sara Sidle... Jorja Fox
Greg Sanders... Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins... Robert David Hall
David Phillips... David Berman
Hodges... Wallace Langham

GUEST CAST:
Gloria Parkes... Tracee Ellis Ross
Ronald Pose... Peter Smith
Phil Baker... Dean Norris
Camryn Pose... Madison Davenport
Sydney Preston... Christiana Milian
Reverend Rebetti... Sean O'Bryan
Lanetta... Tamara Camille Fernandez
Darla... Loren Michelle Weis
Vince Trufan... Ian Reed Kesler
Dance #1... Rachael Markarian
Dancer #2... Katrina Norman
Dancer #3... Kherington Payne
Dancer #4... Brittany Perry-Russell
Dancer #5... Krystal Ellsworth
Dancer #6... Nikki Tuazon
Dancer #7... Shelby Rabara
Dancer #8... Chi Lopes
Dancer #9... Carly Anderson

Written by: Dustin Lee Abraham
Directed by: Jeffrey Hunt
(about to post another release in a moment)

LANGSTON TESTIFIES AGAINST NATE HASKELL, THE "DICK AND JANE" KILLER, AND NICK GETS A CALL WARNING HIM THAT HE'S IN IMMINENT DANGER, ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, FEB. 17

Teen Pop Star Justin Bieber Returns as Troubled Teen Jason McCann; Bill Irwin ("Rachel Getting Married") Returns as Serial Killer Nate Haskell

"Targets of Obsession" -- Langston testifies against the notorious "Dick & Jane" killer, Nate Haskell. Meanwhile, Nick receives a call from troubled teen Jason McCann to warn him of impending danger, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Thursday, Feb 17. Bill Irwin ("Rachel Getting Married") returns as Nate Haskell. Justin Bieber returns as Jason McCann, the brother of Alex McCann who Nick shot in the season premiere.

SERIES REGULARS:
Dr. Raymond Langston... Laurence Fishburne
Catherine Willows... Marg Helgenberger
Nick Stokes... George Eads
Captain Jim Brass... Paul Guilfoyle
Sara Sidle... Jorja Fox
Greg Sanders... Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins... Robert David Hall
David Phillips... David Berman
Hodges... Wallace Langham

RECURRING CAST:
Detective Vartann... Alex Carter

GUEST CAST:
Nate Haskell... Bill Irwin
Jason McCann... Justin Bieber
Dr. Huxbee... Jude Ciccolella
Kip Woodman... Josh Dallas
D.A. Claude Melvoy... Larry Poindexter
Judge Francis Granston... Megan Gallaher
Dr. Corey... Robert Pine
Vivian Tinsdale... Kate Blumberg
Lead Fireman... Derek Ray
Timothy Johnson... Falk Hentschel
Jury Foreperson... Ambrit Millhouse
Bailiff... Jason Sweat
Officer Casey... Gabriel Salvador
Tina... Amanda Wyss
Robin... Annie Little

Written by: David Weddle & Bradley Thompson
Directed by: Alec Smight

Last edited:
Two episodes that have a lot of Langston focus= two episodes I am not looking forward to.

HMMM feeling so-so about the spoilers. Seems like a lot of drama, unneeded drama. Although the cases involving the CSI vs the cops are always great.

Two episodes that have a lot of Langston focus= two episodes I am not looking forward to.

Yeah I'm kinda with you on that part, Ray Ray and oh look even more Ray back to back to back, I hope they keep the part with his wife in the background in that ep, and the next ep with Haskell as long as they FINALLY wrap up the character and again in the background it's fine with me

I am sorta looking forward to seeing Bieber, as long as he dies (I know that sounds kind of awful), I hope Nick isn't the one that shoots him, I'm thinking Catherine should be the one that pulls the trigger and it could build up to her leaving

I am looking forward to seeing the part with Catherine, Vartann, Nick, and the bomb guy Kip (who btw is hot :drool:) where they're trapped in what was it a warehouse I believe

Tracee Ellis Ross ("Girlfriends") guest stars as Langston's wife, Gloria Parkes.

Yay, I was right. Back when we first discussed the possibility of Langston's wife I mentioned the name Gloria. It was either on the return label or a note when Ray recieved a box of photographs of his father. Something to the effect of "Thought you might want these." I can't remember the episode, but it was about the time the question of 'anger issues' rose. <doing a happy dance that I had it figured out>

Ehhh I'll watch for Sara, Cath, Nick & Greg LOL ;)

I second the fact that if Bieber dies I'll watch!

But seriously why will Nick be in danger AGAIN?! I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back