**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thank you Shane for the spoilers. I love them. Looking forward to all the episodes! The hyperthymesia sounds different & interesting.

2. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

The new upcoming episodes sound great. But I am a bit confused, we are not getting any new episodes until Feb 20???!!! Is that right?! Wow that's a long time away. :eek: :wtf: :scream: Holy Moly!

That pic of Memmo Fierro looks like he has breasts.:guffaw: OMG did I just type that!!! :eek: but he does.

I guess I need to go watch Seasons 1 to 4 on the DVDs. That's how I get my CSI:M fix, watch the boxed sets if they don't come on tv. Oh well.

But seriously I don't remember ever losing that many shows when they were on Monday nights. I mean we had a few prempts but not this many and this often. Hmmm, I think this is the consequence of being moved to Sundays. But that's my humble opinion. Just my pennies worth here.:p

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There was a 3 week period last season with no episodes Feb into March,and more than once there was a one or 2 week period with no episodes.It seems like more now because we are missing so many episodes at one time.

4. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

For the next 2 weeks, there are some havey-duty football games being aired. Safe bet that CBS doesn't want to compete against that.

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree. I'm totally enjoying finally getting to see Natalia out of the background. I think Eva's doing a fantastic job and it's been a long time coming.

She's perfect where she's at! :thumbsup:

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought that too. I really wish they wouldn't use the same kind of storylines over and over again.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

From what I'm seeing it looks like "Last Stand" will be undergoing some reshoots. Right now they're adding a new character to the episode (Noche Lieutenant) who will have a rough encounter with Memmo.

8. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Wow, talk about last second changes.

Thanks for the update!

9. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

Natalia and Ryan have never been my favorties, but we all have different favorites and that's ok. Natalia does a good job, but now that Calleigh is back, I just hope they put Calleigh back in her lead roll. If they have time in the epi's give give more to Nat and Ryan, that's great, but I don't want Nat or Ryan to take over as being the lead roll over Calleigh or Eric. That is just my opinion and I know Nat and Ryan fans will disagree and that's ok. Just giving you what I would like to see as a viewer.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

We don't want Ryan and Nat taking over,but they shouldn't just disappear for the episode or not be seen at all,that is what has happened in the past.They all need to have their fair share of time and stories. There unfortunately are fans that think they shouldn't be seen or rarely seen,and their fans deserve to be satisfied too.It shouldn't be that if there is more time in the episode to give them more time,they should be given time because they are part of the cast and they have been for several seasons and should be at the point where they also get good screen time and stories.Just like Eric and Calleighs fans get bored not seeing enough of their favorites,so do we,Eric and Calleigh are not enough to hold our attention.Because thereare so many different fans,there needs to be more of an effort to write well for all the characters and not just to give them time if there happens to be time left in the episode(which is ridiculous).There may be times where Ryan or Eric ,Nat or Calleigh is the lead in the episode(along with Horatio)and that's how it should be.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  11. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I agree, GF! Wonderfully said. Every show NEEDS balance. Miami has struggled, horribly, to keep it. That being said, look at the original show, the balance and chemistry displayed between the characters and the amount of screen time they share is simply amazing this season. I wish Miami would catch a hint... sorry to the E/C fans, but the show is about a TEAM, not two members. If that were the case, Ryan and Nat shouldn't have been added in the first place. I've seen it so many times, fans getting upset if E/C weren't the focus for ONE episode. Imagine how we feel, waiting once a year for our favorites to shine, only to learn they disappear and Eric or Calleigh, yet again, turns out to be the hero? I am NOT saying I want Eric and/or Calleigh to be off screen, because in no way is that what I want, I just want EQUAL screen time for the others! I'm not being mean or rude... Just my opinion...

I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes! Can't believe the final changes being made to 'Last Stand', so soon to it's air date!

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Very nicely stated, GF and BBS! A lot of my discontent the past couple of years has been the fact that I've not been able to see MY favorite characters (with the exception of Horatio) have their well deserved time up front.

It actually may have been beneficial to the Calleigh/Delko characters. The backlash and resentment about the time expended focusing on those characters,in some factions of fandom, might have been lessened if fans who don't care for those particular characters and/or didn't enjoy the Calleigh/Delko hookup could have had their favorite characters for them to enjoy to balance it out.

I LOVE that Natalia is getting her moments ... FINALLY! She deserves what she's been given and much, much more. She's proved that she is magnificent in a lead role and I'm excited that there appears to be more of her coming.

Now, I want a lot more Ryan and a whole lot more Frank. My wish is that Natalia, Ryan and Frank, one or all together, confront Horatio and help to get him back on track. If it can't be all three, any one of them would make for a compelling episode.

Balance is the key and Miami can't seem to find any way to make that happen. With so many episodes in a season there is no excuse for not spreading the time each character has as the focus and everyone together as a TEAM. It's sad when you see shows like NCIS, Criminal Minds and even the mothership, CSI, who see to be able to do it without breaking a sweat! :(

Miami has been doing a wonderful job this season focusing on the TEAM. I really hope it continues.

13. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

100 % agree with you D, BBS and GF. I'm not going to go into it (seeing as you all said it perfectly) but, seeing as I'm not a fan of Eric or Calleigh (don't hate them, just don't love them) I can give the Ryan & Natalia fan's point-of-veiw and say it's about damn time these two have gotten some screen time and juicy plots.

Character development and depth can only be shown through time and Jon and Eva have been brilleant with the little time they've gotten in past seasons. Now, with fair time been giving, these two seem to be shining.

And I don't think Eric and Calleigh are being forgotten, just taking a backrole for awhile (where Ryan and Natalia have been for the past while). They may not be getting individual story plots, but they're still participating in cases.

14. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

well said I agree...... I'm just so happy that calleigh is back full time

15. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I think all this talk about "leads" and who's getting more screen time just goes to show how off the show had gotten in previous seasons from its original "TEAM" dynamic.

I agree w/the person who said to look at NCIS as a great example of a show that features all its players pretty much equally. I think that's what's needed around here, rather than each individual fighting for screen time. I also think this has been done, for the most part, this season, with the exception of Calleigh (for obvious reasons).

One of the things I believe irks some Natalia/Ryan fans is that we know way more about Eric and Calleigh than we do Ryan and Nat, who have been on the team long enough to be considered "on par" w/Cal and Eric. We have yet to see a real "family" story for Ryan - we have no idea about his background except that he has an uncle (and that was in Season 3) - meanwhile, Eric is getting a story on his sister, his questionable parentage, his head injury, etc.

As for Nat and Calleigh, I think they've both been fleshed out well in terms of backstory. I actually think they could go a lot farther w/Cal in that department. While I'm a fan of both, and think Nat and Cal happen to have great chemistry together, I have to say that Nat has really gotten the short end of the stick in recent years in terms of screen time.

I would agree that Calleigh is the "lead woman" on the show (she has seniority and can carry herself well, although I think TPTB have been writing her badly the last couple of years). However, Nat is pretty capable as well, and I would hate to see her screen time go back down to a couple of scenes per episode.

It's really all about balance - TPTB really should just watch NCIS and see how it's done. You don't need a huge character arc to carry a show - just have nice interaction w/the characters, having them acknowledge their backgrounds and making them more "real." That's what "Team" shows do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.