Episode 9x10 - 'Match Made in Hell' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Aw, Ryan doesn't have very good luck with animals, lol.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Miami will be airing 16 minutes late in the ET/CT zones:

- CBS

3. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Not a bad episode, considering they seemed to nix the ex-gf of Ryan's angle. Ryan, Frank, and Nat were adorable of course, and Horatio seems really antsy in this one. He doesn't seem to be holding back his attitude much anymore. Would love to know what he and Nat were laughing at in the lady's office. Overall, I really wish it had been as Ryan-centric as we'd been led to believe. Thats how TPTB works I guess :rolleyes:

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree.It was more of a good team episode(which is good),but I loved Ryan's scenes.The ex girl friend angle was totally cut which was too bad. The ex angle sounded interesting and could have made for some good scenes itself. I would have liked to have seen how Ryan's cover was blown.

5. Gooniegirl3333

My notes:

The Good:
    - the continuity with Eric's tow trucking days
    - Tandy King's comments about Natalia's appearance. Haha, you're just telling the world what we already know, =)
    - Peter Wingfield: what can I say? I love Methos
    - Natalia and Calleigh in the lab: they were so funny talking about the pipes. Great laughing between the two.
    - Ryan's reaction to H's idea. He was like "Huh? Wha? uh..."
    - Was this Ryan's first kiss for the show? AWWWW!!!
    - Ryan being water-tortured really tugged on the heart strings. I almost cried.
    - Natalia and H laughing in Tandy's office. That was so cute, and we need to see more of that.

The Bad:
    - Ryan wasn't shown for the first 25-something minutes. Actually, he really wasn't shown at all. I'm wondering if it was because the writers thought the undercover part would make up for it? Well, it didn't.
    - There was no real reason for Ryan to go in. Where did H even get the idea for Ryan to go undercover? It just seemed really out of place.
    - You would have thought that Natalia would have put up some kind of protest to Ryan going undercover because of what happened to her. If anything, I would have expected a remark from her.

I give it a 7...maybe.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

The episode wasn't what I expected but I loved it all the same.

Ryan is just adorable, I loved his interaction with Kate. I'm hoping we'll soon get to see more of this side of him (with the ladies, that is).

Tom. Tom is a keeper. I loved his scene at the pool with Eric, & also the scene with Natalia in the morgue ("bouquet" :lol:).

Eric shot & killed the security guy just like *that!*. :wtf:

Tandy King had me laughing in the beginning when she told that poor girl to have her teeth whitened. It was totally rude, but still... had to giggle, sorry.

Natalia was great in this one too ...the bigger role definitly suits her, imo.

ME TOO! I gotta say it tickled me to see Horatio with his feet propped up on that woman's desk & him sitting in her chair. :lol:

Good episode to start off the new year/mid-season. This will be one I'll watch again.

7. Gooniegirl3333

Same here. I was so happy to see more of her. Definitely a plus!

Also, to clarify (if anyone is wondering) it's not that I'm complaining about Ryan not being in it. I just think he could have AT LEAST been shown once analyzing something? He did absolutely no CSI-ing in this episode at all. It was a bit weird.

8. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I thought it was a great episode! I am irritated we were lead to believe it was more Ryan-centric, however, the scenes with Ryan and the ladies were amazing. THe smile he was wearing... ah, priceleess.I loved the on screen kiss--- it melted my heart... (even though it was for the wrong reasons!) Ryan and Kate had a little chemistry there... for sure! WHICH brings me to my next thought, nothing against Horatio, I love him- but shouldn't Ryan have been telling Kate that at the end? I don't know why, but i felt like he felt badly for her, so there would have been nothing wrong had he at least BEEN there.

Hated him being under the water, that was... ugh. Tugged at my heart too!! But Eric and Horatio wasted NO time in coming to the rescue.

Anyway, Loved Nat. Loved Eric (not thinking twice about shooting that security guard who effed with Ryan...). Loved Horatio. Heck, I loved everyone.

I just, I really liked the feel/vibe of the episode... just wished there had been more Ryan!!! (Greedy, I know.)

9. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

:thumbsup:
    :lol: i know what you mean i thought ryan new one of the girls ..... i was waiting for him to see one of his x-girlfriend but it never happend..... ryan still got to kiss that girl :thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I really enjoyed this episode although Ryan was not in it enough, as we were led to believe. His first kiss was worth the long wait though! I also liked the feel of this episode; there was good chemistry with the entire team. BTW, how did Ryan recover so quickly from the drugging? Oh yeh, this is Miami!

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I can't really add anything new to the comments,so I'll say ditto to all. I really would have loved if the ex girlfriend angle had been left in.
    I will add,even though it was obvious,Ryan was cute walking around that party and the ladies thought so too.

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

With ya there, MJ! I loved watching Ryan in this episode. What a smile that man has! He really looks fantastic this season (not that he sucked in the past! ;))

Scenes with the new "ME" are always delightful, but it's really beginning to feel like Christian Clemenson is comfortable with the character lately. While still retaining that quirkyness that makes him unique, he doesn't seem so off-centered as I've felt he was in the past.

Yeah, I thought he was a little quick on the trigger myself. But Ryan was being drowned and Horatio was busy trying to get the guy to let Ryan go ... so with two officers in danger, I guess it was appropriate. Maybe they plan on having Eric take over the "bang, bang shoot everything in sight" character since "Horatio" seems to have moved past that ... for now anyway.

Natalia was amazing! She did an excellent job. And you're right, MJ. The bigger role suits her perfectly. She's been ready for a greater role for a very long time and I'm glad to see that everyone can now see just how good she is.

I LOVE the working chemistry she has with Horatio. Those two work extremely well together and Horatio always seems to be just a little more relaxed when he's around Natalia. As I've said before, she shares his compassion and committment and he just seems a little lighter and warmer when she's around. (In a NON-SHIPPER way!)

Again, I can't remember the last time I saw Horatio like that. It's almost better for me not to know what they were laughing about - it was enough to see both of them (who have had their burdens) sharing a laugh. :)

I agree. It's really a keeper! :thumbsup:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I loved her comment about Natalia.

I'm always getting him confused with Dominic Keating who played Mellos on the tv series "The Immortal" (also played Malcolm Reed on ST: Enterprise). I guess because they were similar roles on similar shows and the character names are very similar too lol.

That was so nice to see!

Hehe, his reaction was so cute.

Yeah, it was. Ryan finally got some kissage. :D

That scene kind of bugged me, but for a totally different reason. The guy kept asking "who do you work for?" and then sticking his head back under the water not even giving him five seconds to respond. How did he expect to get an answer if he kept sticking his head back under the water not even a second after asking the question? lol.

I loved that scene... and H with his feet on Tandy's desk haha.

He was there with H at the crime scene in the first part of the show (and he almost got bitten by the gator), but then disappeared until the undercover thing.

It was probably more because they apparently cut the bit about the ex out of the script before filming, so where Ryan would have had more scenes (had the ex bit been left in), there was just that big gap that the writers didn't fill in.

I loved his lines with Kate. "You're so pretty, but you look so sad" and then her saying something about the pickup line and him saying he has another one and its really lame and then going "penny for your thoughts". :lol:

He was hilarious. I adore him.

Because he's kind of "mini-H" lol. He, Eric and Horatio are all superheroes who either don't get hurt or recover quickly from injuries lol.

I have to say although the episode could have used more Ryan and some Dave and Travers, I still think this was one of the better episodes of the season so far. :)

It was quick thinking of the girl to call 911 when she heard the guy screaming through the phone.

Horatio sure was quick to shoot that gator. Ryan's frazzled "nice shot" was a nice touch.

I have to say it again: Tom is hilarious!

All that time the ladies were searching for the weapon that left the burn on the vic and Frank comes in, looks at the picture and immediately knows its a motorcycle burn lol.

I felt so bad for Kate and the vic. They wanted to get married, but the pimp wouldn't let Kate go because the guy couldn't pay for her because his business manager stole his money and took off. Poor guy.

I kept waiting for Horatio to tell Tandy that the reason the vic couldn't pay anymore was because his money got stolen by his manager... because she kept saying he was a fraud and he wasn't really... just a victim of a crook of a manager.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  14. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I enjoyed this episode too. I was waiting for that ex girlfriend thing too so I guess it got cut and left on the editor's floor. But it was nice seeing Ryan being the new member of that awful club. I kind of figured it was prostitution with a match making front. But Ryan being kissed. So cute.
    I had a hard time with the guard trying to drown Ryan though. Glad H and Eric showed up when they did.

When Tandy said nice things to Natalis, it was Nat's reply that made me laugh out loud. Tandy, "would you like the millionare type?" Nat, "no, thanks, I'm good" :guffaw: Natalia's sense of humour is spot on.

Tom is always good. I like him from the start. Keep Tom. :thumbsup:

I laughed out loud again when I saw H's feet on the desk. He can be so sarcastic when he needs to.

One thing that I noticed at the beginning of the show when Matt was going in to the pool, the way they showed the gator hiding in the corner waiting to attack. Just a different scene from an aerial view. Good cenimatography.

But the episode was good. 4 stars out of 5. :lol:

15. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I swore I was done with Miami after how badly they botched S8. But curiosity got the better of me, and I was pleasantly surprised! S9 is what it is (Horatio cussing, bothers me on some level).

Typical Miami Hokey: Millionaire/expert swimmer hears a splash and doesn't bother to look in his pool before going in. Living in south Florida he should know that alligators love swimming pools. Then when he checks the water, how can he miss that thing? And no death roll. After two to five seconds, an alligator will do a death roll when attacking. ( I won't go into why)

It's always good to see Ryan. He got to kiss someone. I'm just a little bit jealous! :( But at least it wasn't Erica Sykes. :eek:

That's the old team I remember. Natalia, Frank and Ryan finally got some serious screen time! And Tom was pretty good too. He should be in the lead credits, like Alexx and Tara were, imo. Thank God, not as much Walter as there has been in the past. He's good, but he's starting to annoy me.

Eric seems to have that old boyish grin again. He seems relaxed and happy again. No more walking around with that confused, paranoid look that he's had the last two seasons.

And THANK GOD!! No more of those damned split screens!! :thumbsup: They were beyond annoying.

There was the same storyline some seasons back that involved a dating service, except it involves the typical rich folk this time.

If the rest of them are this good, they will have won me back as a viewer.