Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

:lol: The makeup artist is tweeting about the show.

Wendilynnmakeup

-Full Criminal Cast and Full Day Today on the Set of Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior! ;)

-Full Criminal Cast and Full Day Today on the Set of Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior! ;)

-Shooting outside on the blacktop...its gotta be 104! :( Blahhhhh

-We begin Episode #2 Today for "Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior." Episode One is "In the Can" as we say in the biz! Tweet ya from the chair!

-Your New "Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior" Cast! ;)

-TO MY FOLLOWERS: Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior is a "New Show", we are a spinoff of Criminal Minds! ;)

-Not sure of our Air date yet...will keep everyone posted on that. ;)

2. Destiny

Source: TvGuide

Exclusive: First Details on Janeane Garofalo's Suspect Behavior Role

Wondering what Janeane Garofalo will do on Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior? TVGuide.com has the exclusive first details about her character.

Garofalo will play Beth Griffith, the newest member of the team assembled by Forest Whitaker's bureaucracy-hating Cooper. Described as strong-willed and outspoken, Beth joins Cooper's team from the FBI Threat Assessment Task Force.

Cooper specifically requests her, even though she has a reputation for not always being the most agreeable colleague. What might Cooper know that no one else does?

Like the Criminal Minds mothership, Suspect Behavior focuses on an elite team of agents within the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit that uses unconventional methods and aggressive tactics to capture the nation's most dangerous criminals. The show also stars Matt Ryan, Michael Kelly, Beau Garrett and Criminal Minds' veteran Kirsten Vangsness. Richard Schiff (The West Wing) is also expected to recur.

Garofalo, 45, has appeared on such sitcoms as Mad About You, Seinfeld and NewsRadio, and she also guest-starred on The West Wing during the show's seventh season. Most recently, she portrayed Janis Gold on Season 7 of 24.

3. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I would probably expect to see Suspect Behavior in January, or better yet, we might see it sooner if something gets terrible ratings.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Interview Janeane Garofalo

From JUST this interview I wouldn't bet on her staying for too long on the show :lol:

Source: TV Guide

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/criminal-minds-suspect-behavior-aneane.html#ixzz18WbHrk5n
    Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Yeah, me too. I read somewhere that Mandy Patinkin left Criminal Minds because he couldn't stand the darkness of the show. So, Janeane might take MP's footsteps. Also according to some articles before, Kirsten Vangsness isn't watching CM (her own show!) because she said it's creepy.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Funny I thought about Mandy Patinkin too when I read the interview. I didn't know about Kirsten not watching :lol:.

7. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Probably what has been happening is that this spinoff is getting really exploitive in scenes like how a couple of the episodes of regular CM have been this season. If there's a compelling story, I don't tend to be bothered by scenes like this as much, but the long scenes of the strippers tied to the poles in that one episode of CM this season gave me a bad feeling. I don't need or want to see scenes like that, and we never got such prolonged scenes of that kind of thing before. If this is the kind of thing Garofalo is complaining about, then I agree with her.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

According to CBS, the series debut will be on Wednesday, February 16 at 10:00 PM ET/PT right after Criminal Minds.

9. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I swear I must be the most excited human being on the planet to see this new CM spin-off premiere!!!

CBS has released the promo for the new show and I must have watched it over 100 times already analyzing every detail! It looks to be great!

I am one of those people who is optimistic and likes to give show's a chance. And I'm more than aware that there have been so many other successful spin-offs around so I have faith. I mean, after all, when NCIS first aired, people thought it was never gonna beat JAG, and look at NCIS now, it's getting ratings that JAG would never dream of. So I like to believe that this new CM spin-off will do good and change people's minds.

Here's the promo for everyone who wants to see.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2GWc2WFU1I

10. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

Thanks......i just watch the promo looks like its going to be a good show to watch

11. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Well, I thought they were going to be doing some other cases besides serial killers... but that doesn't seem to be the case for the first episode.

12. Meadowhawk

Meadowhawk Victim

I'm typically pretty open minded-- I liked CSI, so I was excited about Miami and New York. I liked NCIS, so I was excited about LA.

I'm really pretty luke-warm about this.

For one thing, and all else aside, the time slot doesn't really do it for me. I will keep watching the original CM. Usually, though, by the time it's over, I'm ready for something lighter. I seldom watched CSI:NY following CM because I couldn't take them back-to-back like that, and all the CSIs are light-years ahead of CM in terms of 'lightness'. I really can't imagine that I'll be up to watching two new episodes of deranged serial killers back to back.

Secondly, I'm really having a hard time suspending enough disbelief to get on board with this team. I'm just not buying the ex-con and the British sniper and being part of the FBI but working outside of the bureau... If I want to watch something that's dubiously based on reality, I'd watch Dexter. This concept just seems silly to me. Which probably feeds...

Third, I hated the back door pilot. There have only been a couple of CM episodes that I truly disliked, and that had the distinction of being one of them. If the new show is anything like that pilot, I'm not interested.

Fourth, I think I'm running out of energy for crime dramas. If a couple of the ones I watch sporadically get cancelled, I might be more open to adding a new one, but seriously.

Fifth, I am getting a little tired of spin-offs. It's kind of like when you see six sequels to a movie, it becomes a joke. Maybe it goes back to getting burnt out on crime dramas. idk

And finally, since Nina Tassler's statement about the spinoff predicating AJ Cook's cut from the original, I'm not as positively inclined towards this particular show as I was a week earlier. It's one thing for fans to be spouting conspiracy theories, 'such and such killed our show' and all, but when a network exec says it, it's off-putting.

I figure I'll watch a couple of episodes before I make a decision. I am, however, going to do my part in the boycott and watch them from DVR so my TV doesn't count towards the demo.

13. Destiny

From the orginial shows thread, I posted this and thought it better to put it here.

As to the spinoff, I will watch it. But I will judge it on it's own merits, not well this is too much like, not enough like it's original show.

I dislike comparing spin off's to the originals. But this isn't the first time people didn't like spinoffs, CSI's, L&O's, JAG (ncis, ncis la), etc. etc.

But if people are going to not watch or judge a show based on an actress that was let go/fired whatever, that really is casting [no pun] blame on the cast of that spinoff, and not giving them a real chance. They weren't the ones in negotations, or have anything to do but get hired for this show.

I get also well they appeared on the regular, but we all know that, that is a test run on the actors/characters with the viewers, only of the spin off. So I actually don't take that into consideration.

So yeah I will be watching it with an open mind, and as always, wishing them the best, but not wishing them the worst so they can be canceled due to one actress (though great actress) who is gone and one (another great actress) who is limited. I can't punish this cast or wish them canceled getting actors fired, crews, etc. cause another was or even another being limited. Don't know them personally but don't see them wish that from the fans. (Not saying anyone is for the record). ;)

14. Destiny

YouTube Vid Preview of Show 2min 30secs

wendilynnmakeup: Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior Begins on CBS Wed, February 16 following Criminal Minds!

15. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

It finally aired and nobody's talking about it? :lol:

I thought it was a very good first episode, especially after the horrible episode the original show put out last night. Nice to see Prophet representing the Braves in the first scene. :D

I think Garofalo is the weakest link in the show. She sounded like she was just phoning it in in the first episode.