CSI: Crime City on Facebook

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Smokey, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

New cases!! They have added new cases!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Aw, but I haven't finished clearing the areas for the last set.. it's been nice and relaxing, no pressure to solve crimes, knowing that all the criminals in Vegas are already behind bars!

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I know. I sort of liked just clearing the areas too. Now back to solving crimes...:(

:p

4. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Even the old cases now.. they won't let you go back to finish clearing - but you can restart the case over again. :confused:

Oh well, back to invading Smokey's lab for the better equipment! :D

5. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

I thought it was just me! So annoying :shifty:

6. Smokey

Yeah, you can restart the cases. All of mine were cleared anyway, but now if you do them all over again you can find the collectables. I missed out on all of those.

And I have to get a move on because there are a few people who shall remain nameless who are moving up on me! :shifty::lol:

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Run, run, run as fast you can... :p

8. Smokey

Oh don't worry. I'm back and ready to go! :lol:

By the way...I finished my first case on the new set (5) and turned it in, and then I realized that even in this new set you can't go back and finish clearing a scene once you've turned it in. You have to start all over. :scream: Good way to be able to keep playing, but the lesson learned is...if you want to completely clear the scenes, don't turn the case in!

9. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Interesting. Since I have the week off, I'll have to check it out.

10. Smokey

I have to say thanks to those who are using my lab and also dropping stuff in their own labs if I am using them. It's amazing to see the evidence be ready so much faster then! :)

Seems like with the new cases (set 5) there are a lot more evidence tiles to search which take up more energy, but there are a lot of collectables and other things to find that earn XP. I think it's a good balance.

11. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I use your lab for everything except ballistics - you've got all the best equipment! :) Stupid game crashing and taking my money every time I try to upgrade.

Some of the areas are quite large, but there's a couple of smaller ones too. Nothing like the van in one of the earlier cases though. :lol:

I just finished a small area with a TON of special tiles (blood everywhere!). I levelled partway through, so I found all five pieces of evidence, and then finished clearing the room. Now I'm bored waiting for stuff to process, and wishing I could still go back and finish clearing areas for other cases, without redoing the whole case. :(

12. Smokey

I've decided to completely clear the scenes before turning in a case. There's no real advantage to solving cases quickly. You just get funding. It's the XP you get in clearing scenes that levels you up. I'm still ticked that I turned the first case in without clearing everything. :scream:

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Yeah, true. I re-opened an old case, so working on that while I wait.

And I just bought an equipment upgrade without the server crashing!! [​IMG]

14. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I just upgraded all my equipment, and it doesn't seem like there is any advantage, still takes the same amount of time. And I have so much coffee built up, I may need a liver transplant. ;)

It's a fun waste not time, but not terribly intellectual...click on a few tiles and see what happens. Oh well, if anyone wants to use some lab equipment, send a PM or whatever, I'm happy to share.

15. Smokey

Yeah, equipment upgrades don't seem to help much. The best thing is if you are processing something and someone else drops something off at the same station you are using. Then your evidence is either ready right away or a lot sooner. :)