Mac/Jo: Making good first impressions

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

Can I be a bandwagoner or is it a bandwagon yet XD? Anyway, I see the flirtation and I like where it could go. I'm not really on two more main characters hooking up because there's already DL, but I think this is really cute.

Do I have to put something that happened in tonight's episode in spoiler tags? For some reason I thought you had to for like 24 hours afterward? If I'm wrong, whoops.

Anyway, I loved the end of tonight's episode. She is the only one who seems to be able to pull him away from work :D

2. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

That was so cute. :)

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

That last scene in "Scared Stiff" was really nice. I don't know if it's me as a shipper or if the undertone was done with all intention and purpose but it was pretty clear to me that they both understood that what was being said was more than just what was being said. Like I said, maybe I read into it a bit much but Gary and Sela are both great at letting expressions talk more than words so that's the way I understood the scene.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree and before now I've never been much of a shipper. I just really like the easy rapport they seem to have and the level of trust and understanding they have for people who haven't known each other for very long. They seem to have a special connection that brings out a side of Mac that we've not seen too much or to the extent that Jo brings it out in him. Sela and Gary are a match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned and that is partly because they have this way of communicating with each other without speaking.

I never thought I'd be pulling for a ship to go canon, let alone one between the two leads, but I find myself wishing something more would happen between these two characters every time I watch them together on screen.

5. silk

silk Prime Suspect

One of the things that I notice most about the chemistry between these two is that Jo treats Mac with respect, but as an equal. She does not display the 'that's my boss' attitude that the other members of the team seem too...at least in my opinion. I would think that this would be appreciated by Mac. It takes some of the responsibility off his shoulder of being the 'great and powerful OZ'.....JMO

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

^^ I agree. And in this week's episode...

...I think we'll be seeing that even more. The promo shows a scene between them near the elevator where she confronts Mac and asks him if he really suspects Carver murdered his sister. I think this scene could show an interesting dynamic in their relationship.

7. silk

silk Prime Suspect

My only hope is that they don't make this an 'angsty' sort of relationship. Straight-forward and honest...it either is or is not, but not the 'will they or won't they' stuff. I was a huge fan of the Horatio/Yelina ship on Miami, but quite honestly, the long, soulful, suffering looks from Horatio for 7 years got a little old. The characters of Mac and Jo seem to be more no nonsense than that, less complicated and I like that. By making the relationship less important, the science and the cases remain the focus, while still adding a human element to the characters.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I thought that Jo getting Mac to go shopping says a lot about how Mac responds to her. In the episode thread I commented that Mac doesn't know exactly know what to do with Jo and for me it's quite amusing to watch. I think he is drawn to her in a way he wasn't expecting.

Does anyone have screencaps? I really want to see the moment were they are crossing the street in the beginning. It looks like she holds his hand or arm as she is about to cross but it's so fast and it cuts right at that moment so I wasn't exactly sure of what I saw. If somebody else noticed it please let me know what you saw :).

9. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

From what I saw, she grabbed his arm. She was in a hurry to see the window display, so I guess she wanted Mac to move along across the street as fast as possible. :)

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thank you :). It was one of those things that happen so fast I wasn't even sure of what I'd seen. I find it so amusing that given she's so easy going and relaxed she even feels free to grab Mac along and get him to do things he wouldn't normally. It's fun to watch :).

11. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

hey u guys... i have some screencaps and just click to enlarge the image.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

^^Thank you so much for the screencaps :D I really like the second one because Mac looks so happy; they both do. It really does appear she grabbed his arm before crossing the streat. Probably to hurry him along but it still shows how relaxed she is around him because not everyone just grabs Mac and pulls him along :lol:.

13. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Thanks for the pics. I haven't seen new screencaps for a long time.
    Aww, Mac looks so happy and relaxed which I am so happy to see.
    And yeah Jo grabbing his arm was cute, I think Stella was/is the only person
    who could do that beside Jo.

They look cute. :) Brings Xmas mood nicely. :)

14. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Having been a big fan of Mac and Stella, I didn't think I'd like Sela Ward's character. I mean, it was obvious, given the similarity in their ages, that she could be a potential love interest for Mac. I was shocked at the chemistry the first time I saw them together on-screen. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. SW's character on House had great chemistry with Greg House. I guess it's a testament to Sela Ward's acting ability. Anyway, I'm loving Mac and Jo as a potential couple. Let's see if TPTB let this relationship develop.

15. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Wait until you guys watch january's 7th episode. Jo's ex shows up, you should see Mac's reaction. Jo does seem to make him laugh more than almost any other person on the team can. And then her ex asks if he should be jealous of Mac.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011