Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised at how much Greg we had in this episode. I had no idea he was going to be working the case with Nick. That was nice. And their case was far more interesting and better done than the other case they mostly advertised in the promo.

I loved the way they did that end scene...very moving, with Nick and the mom and Greg uncovering and victim and being so delicate in handling her and seeing his sadness.

Yeah I am happy they did not really show Greg with the gun because I would have been pissed and been saying "Why is he suddenly carrying a gun?" So glad they mostly edited it so that you did not see him carrying it, although most of us who saw that spoiler pic knew he was. :lol:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was worried that Greg wouldn't get much screentime in this ep, but luckily it was a two case episode, so he got plenty. :) I agree about Nick and Greg's case being more interesting. The dinos were cool and Hodges was funny, but the case wound down after a bit and got a little stale lol. I still think the whole thing with the guy trying to make money by giving the mother of the dead girl info on where the body is was patterned slightly off of the whole Yuran Vandersloot thing. Loved the looks Nick and Greg shared when Greg showed Nick the map of where the second girl's body was.

3. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Nick and Greg's storyline was so much more interesting than the dinosaur one! A number of great scenes for Greg :)

As for the gun, if I hadn't seen the promo shot it would have never crossed my mind, so they did some good editing out :p

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Awesome screen time last night!

I agree the story with Nick and Greg was so much better, I love those two working together. The T-Rex thing was lame in comparison.

I think Greg was holding onto the lady cop's gun, while she cuffed the guy. I could be wrong but that's the way I saw it.

5. Dizzney

Was it me or did in the first scene, Eric's voice sound more nasal than usual, almost like he had a cold?

6. GregNickRyanFan

Even though Greg's case with Nick was more interesting, I think I would have liked to have seen Greg's reaction to the dino-bots. :lol:

7. Mrs. Sanders

Mrs. Sanders Police Officer

yeah, me too...

I have to say I'm really pleased with Greg's screentime on the last episodees, it was about time for us to see more of our favorite CSI! ;) (hope it continues that way)

The only bad (well, not really bad, just "not so good") thing was that he didn't make any of his usual jokes/funny lines... he was like, too serious (but I guess it's because with that type of case there isn't much room for jokes)

Oh, and he's so smart!.... loved the scene when he figured out the map and explained it to Nick :)

8. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

I was thinking the same think for long time actually. Since season 9! :lol: No one mentioned it and i thought it is just my ears. Maybe it is about some tecnichal details about microphones? See how watching CSI too much makes me think scientific explanations sometime? :guffaw:

Anyway Greg was good this week.The map scenes were so cool really. I liked to see him working with Nick and the new detective. He was like holding gun somewhere behind the detective. Whatever... As a person who is glad to see him without gun, i am ok we didn't see it. He seems better as a science guy more than action guy. I liked the moment Greg remembered his lab days.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  9. Dizzney

I've noticed they tend to show Greg doing more lab work still overall than some of the other CSI's. Maybe simply because he started as a lab guy. But I have to say I love a lot of those scenes, because they just show him working with the music over it. Just shows how serious he is about his work.

Yeah we missed some probably humorous moments we could have had with Greg and the dinosaur case, actually that might have been a great case just to have Greg and Hodges working together. I could hear their bantering and teasing each other now. :lol:

10. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

I agree about the first scene bit, but it to me it sounded more like he was suffering from a sore throat. Lol. Talk about analysing too much. XD

Anyways, as much as it would've been fun to watch Greg on the dinosaur case but I was extremely glad to have him on a more emotional case. Like Greg said last season, people still see him as the lab rat with the crazy hair, so cases like this for him are great.

As for the gun bit, I was pretty excited to see him with a gun but ONLY if TPTB gave a proper explanation as to why. Maybe like the case with Demetrius James made him change his mind--just a small conversation would've sufficed.

11. Dizzney

Yeah it could have been a sore throat too. I just know he sounded like he was not exactly 100% healthy.

And it is good that he is on emotional cases, maybe others will finally see that he is not just a lab rat. I mean seriously he's been a CSI now longer than we saw him as a lab rat. You would think people would accept it by now. And just because he is not open with his emotions like Nick is, doesn't mean the cases still do not affect him. I hate it when people think that you have to cry for something to be affecting you. Some people reserve those emotions for when they are home, where no one can see how it affects them. That is how I believe Greg is. When it came to the Demetrius James case, it almost seemed like he was not affected that much by it, but him confessing to Sofia that he could not sleep at night meant it was affecting him but it was when he was at home.

As for the gun, I am okay if he carries one as long as they actually have him saying something about why he decided to carry one now.

12. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

When did he tell Sofia he couldn't sleep? Which episode was that in?

13. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

Hi there!
    It was season 7's Post Mortem.

:)

14. GregNickRyanFan

I did like Greg working on the emotional case, but at the same time I wish he'd been on the dino case. I mean he had a dino toy on his desk (does he still share that office with Nick?), so he's mostly likely a dino fan, right? :lol: I'm not sure Greg would have been standing there with that "in awe" look on his face like Ray and Hodges had, but I think he would have found the dino-bots fascinating nonetheless lol.

15. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I think this episode really showcased how far he's come as a CSI. Doing the distance determination thing with the gun to prove it was murder; then doing all the followup on the seed on the shovel - kind of reminded me of Sara in Compulsion, figuring out where the guy was from the wife's phone call. Nick had the same reaction that Grissom had then, a kind of "wow, he's really gone all the way with this.. and made me obsolete!" :)

I like seeing how Greg's matured and learned to deal with things - from dealing with Mrs. James, to the father in No Way Out, to finding the second girl this week. Definitely come a long way from "I wasn't expecting blood to look like that pre-collection" on his first day out of the lab. I'm not going to say "become more empathetic" because I think he always has been - he just never really had to show it when he was in the lab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.