The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

sorry to hear about buddy GreatPumpkin. i have a 19 year old cat who suffered two strokes over the summer, and with me being out of country for school i worry about not being able to see her before she goes. luckily she recovered quite well from her strokes so hopefully she still has some time left in her.

my parents have said they will not get another cat when the time eventually comes for pixie to go, but i think they will miss having a cat around. especially since my brother and i will be out of the house. if you give your parents some time they may decide they do miss having a cat around and are open to getting another one.

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Our dog, Lily, is ready for Halloween.

[​IMG]

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

We put our Thomas to sleep this morning. :( It became a quality of life thing for him. He had slowly stopped eating and all the tests the vet did came back inconclusive. We decided that since he wasn't eating any more and was getting too weak to get to his favorite spots that we weren't going to prolong it.

It is going to be very quiet and lonely in this house without my furry little baby. :(

Susan

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

We just had to put down our cat recently and I know it's hard even if it's the best thing for them. I'm sorry for your loss.

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

It's been a while since I've posted in here, but I've recently taken some pics of Toby, my mum's doggie, he's a total cutie, so I just thought I'd drop by and the share them. :D

[​IMG]
    Me and Toby.

[​IMG]
    Toby enjoying the sun.

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

My last picture of Thomas. It was taken the day before we put him down. :(

This is our new little baby, Socks. We've had at least 1 cat for 42 years and couldn't stand how quiet things were without one around so after a week we started looking. We found Socks this week after a second visit to a local shelter. She's only a year old and it's been a long time since we've had a year old kitten in the house. :lol:

Susan

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

blackflag both cats are beautiful. That last one of Thomas is sad as I think he knew it was his time. Animals just seem to know :(

Now that one of Socks is adorable. She looks like she's going to have some fun :)

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Blackflag, congrats on your new friend, Socks, and again, so sorry about Thomas. He was a handsome boy. I have pics of my Rex on his last day as well, and yes, they know when it's time and they rely on us to help them pass on. As hard as it is on you, you did right by him.

9. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

Haven't been around because I fell hopeslessly and completely in love...he's blond, dark brown eyes and here he is... Dinozzo :lol:
    [​IMG]

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

My dog Doc passed away in his sleep today :(

Rest in Peace Sweet Prince.

[​IMG]

11. whocares

whocares Victim

Sorry Teddy Bear Dr :( He looked like a GREAT dog.

Here's my dog Kobe (Lakers love lol) :lol:
    [​IMG]

12. Smokey

My Snow Kitty is missing. :( Last night the neighbor cat chased him away, and I haven't seen him since. I've never gone this long without seeing him at least once. The neighbor cat is back tho, and now he's wanting to hang out on my patio and sleep on Snow Kitty's chair and house. He's never ever done that before. :( I just want Snow Kitty to come back.

13. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Oh Smokey that is sad to hear :( I hope Snow Kitty does come back. You've done a lot of work with him and he certainly sounds like a lovely cat. I hate it when the neighbourhood cats cause problems. Please keep us updated.

14. Smokey

Thanks! I was really, really upset last night, and then this morning again he wasn't out there. BUT...when I went to leave for work and opened the garage door....there he was across the street in the driveway!! :) :) :)

I called to him and he ran over meowing and we had a nice little reunion. Then I brought his food and water to the front steps (his place is out back) so he could eat undisturbed from Scout. Here's hoping he gets back into the routine and doesn't worry me like that ever again!

15. Smokey

So it poured rain for two straight days. Snow Kitty came up to the patio and was soaking wet. So I gave in and brought him into the garage. I kept him in there from Wednesday until this morning when it finally quit raining.

I thought, being an outdoors cat, that he would fight to get out of being confined in the garage, but he really took to it. He used the litter box and everything. And then this morning he didn't want to be put back outside. :(

I don't know what to do with him. Is it fair to my two older cats who have lived inside for 10 years to bring this new guy in? Of course, I know I will have to get him to the vet before I can expose him to the others, but I don't want to upset the others too much.

Plus, Snow Kitty has claws and the other don't. That's not fair either. But I just don't think I can take having Snow Kitty outside all winter now that I've had a taste of having him inside. :(

Any thoughts or advice?