It should have been Eric

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by frenchbro, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Callousmusik

Callousmusik Victim

While I do like Eric I do agree that Jesse was not given enough time to fully expand and refresh the show with something new that we haven't already seen. I actually do enjoy the Eric/Cali relationship but the thing is that it's more like a soap opera as mentioned before. On a side note I think CSI:Miami is currently lacking any interesting and strong relationships, lol.

2. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I was right there supporting Jesse from the moment it was announced his character was joining the cast. Liking this character is NOTHING new for me.

3. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I admit I was one of his haters when he first joined, but once tptb started sharing out the screentime more equally he grew on me. At the time the other haters were still pretty vocal about their dislike of him, so I'm guessing other fans like myself just kept quiet to avoid flame wars and the like. Same thing happened with EC a while ago: just because the anti-fans weren't as vocal it didn't mean they weren't there. Vice versa for Jesse.

IMO Season 8 really went downhill once Eric had rejoined the cast. If tptb had been sensible and hadn't brought Eric back then Jesse would have been developed further and perhaps not as hated. But no, Wonder Boy had to come back and Jesse was the one to suffer the consequences. :(

4. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

As late as the "L.A." episode, more than half way into the season, they gave Jesse his own episode, with a supporting cast of Malcolm McDowell, Michael Madsen, Wiliam Forsythe, and directed by Rob Zombie. That's some pretty heavyweight talent to be "guests" on CSIM. Makes Lady Gag-a look like an afterthought.

So I have to take back what I said about Jesse's ouster not being handled capriciously.

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

wow i watched Fallen yesterday online, specially for my eagerness too make it clear what happened.

well i can say that it was very sad.
    and i still think it was huge mistake to kill Jesse.
    i think better would be to let him stay and if he had to leave than in different way.

6. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I caught some flack in the anti-E/C thread when I said they should've killed off Eric at the end of S7, but I stand by what I said.

I liked Jessie just fine, but I knew he wasn't going to get a decent chance with the writers being in the tank for E/C. Eddie Cibrian was so much more capable than that, and I loved the chemistry between Jessie, Walter and Ryan.

Oh, btw, am I the only one who noticed that Eric could just throw on a labcoat and walk right back into his old job again? No interview, no briefing on conflict of interest, no questions about two bullets in the brain?

And yes, Eric's confused, paranoid look is getting on my last good nerve. :scream:

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

i noticed that too but knowing how TPTB let them do things bit oddly... but then i thought back and my only explanation was: oh Stetler isn't there anymore to sneak up on them, oh and that's Eric you know, he can always do what he likes and survive everything without a wink.
    ahh still cheasy enough for making me believe there's everything ok with that show.
    anyways i had some odd feeling about that all thing.
    so you're right, it's weird when someone can just walk in and start work after something like that without any doubt about his abilities ( previously there was some dealing afterwords, at least ).

well but honestly i didn't put so much attention on that situation, i was more concentrated on Jesse (and Ryan) so i could've missed some details:)

8. Court

Court Prime Suspect

That's because TPTB have decided that Eric can do no wrong at the expense of the show's integrity. :rolleyes:

And like others here, I ALWAYS liked Jesse, but it seemed like anyone who dares speak out against the "prodigal son" is deemed a "hater," or is told to "stop watching" by a select, vocal few. So why put myself out there to derision? I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. :shifty:

9. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

hi just dropped by to tell you that my said she still can't figure why they had to bring Eric back cause she loved Jesse more (according to her he's much hotter than Eric and she was surprised when he took off his shirt in Hostile Takeover)
    well i'm not complaining as long as i watch s8.
    but yeah on one part i don't want s9...

10. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I don't see why any characters have to be killed off at all, why couldn't Jesse be a recurring character on the show? I like the cast, so it was a shame to see Jesse be killed off so fast especially when his character showed so much promise last season.

As for the Eric and Calleigh romance, why the hate? There was one scene shown between them so far this season that implied they broke up, so why continue to complain? It is not like the entire show is based on them.

11. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Well, I suppose Eric doesn't have to die ... :shifty: but I rather liked it when he was away. There was a lot more levity and fun between the team, and no continual soap opera "drama". As for E/C - sometimes it sure seems like the entire show is based on them, especially over the last few years when there was constant drama all the time, and all these "little" "I don't know how I feel about you" scenes sprinkled in that made it annoying for non-E/C fans. It's hard to get into the show when you're always dreading the next impromptu "love scene" :rolleyes:

Bottom line - I really don't like Eric that much, I think he's arrogant and hates on Ryan too much and is painted as the "golden boy" when he's nowhere near golden. He gets away with pretty much everything and never has to suffer consequences. I feel like his character is tired, it's always the same old thing w/eric, and I don't like the E/C pairing that's been going on for THREE years - I'm tired of it all, and if Eric would just have left I really think it would've given the show room to grow and reinvent itself.