It should have been Eric

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by frenchbro, Oct 4, 2010.

1. frenchbro

frenchbro Civilian

I can't believe it the only mature one on the show (apart from H) is dead. I was so happy when I thought Eric was gone but now he's back and of all people they kill Jessie. Still a fan but just had to get that off my chest.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Agreed. The addition of Jesse was refreshing, and now we're being treated to more Eric/Calleigh soap opera romance.

With Jesse there was this interesting back story that we only learned a little bit about. Doesn't look like we'll get to see more of it, unfortunately.

How many times can a CSI be shot in the head and still be an active investigator? Sheesh.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  3. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

THIS, THIS, THIS.

From the small amount I've gotten to see of Jesse, he seemed like such a refreshing addition to the show. I'm sad to see him go before I even got a chance to really know him.

Personally, I don't think that anyone should have died tonight. Jesse should still be around and Eric should have NEVER come back in the first place. Now that he's back, I'm dreading the E/C relationshit which will surely take up WAY too much time on our screens over these next several Sundays. Oh yeah, and Adam's various facial expressions of disgust. The guy needs to spend some time in front of a mirror with a book on acting/emoting for beginners or something.

I can only hope that when O'Brien said in the TV Guide interview that they're revamping the show, he meant that they've listened to the fans and will cut back/fix several things, including the two I listed above.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Agreed. I also loved Jesse's dynamic with Walter and Ryan. They were fun together.

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yeah. I'm going to miss Jesse ... A LOT! He and Walter brought great potential with them when the arrived. I was happy to see that Walter got his time with Jesse to say goodbye.

And pissed as hell that Ryan didn't!

They should have taken the time they wasted with whatever it was Calleigh was supposed to be doing with Jesse. She was never close to him and it was a cold scene for me - especially after Walter's moment. Not allowing two characters who connected and were close to say goodbye is the same FUBAR that they allowed to happen with Speed and Eric. Talk about never learning.

I cheered when it was announced that Delko was leaving, but I knew it was too good to be true. We'll have to deal with his childish ranting and raving, as opposed to Jesse's calm, professional manner, until the series is over. One of the reasons that Jesse was never allowed to gain any footing was because Delko kept showing up - annoyingly so.

With Delko back full-time we are most likely returning to the same old, same old. And if Horatio said "Eric" one more time last night I was going to hit something! :scream:

Yeah, Delko should have definitely been the one to go. :scream:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  6. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

It's so rediculous that Delko can survive a bullet to the head, massive injuries in Season 8 and yet Jesse dies from some gas ... ummmm... anti-climactic much? Why do TPTB care so much about Eric Delko? On CSI:NY they messed things up so bad that the actress who played Stella wouldn't even come back for one episode to give her LEAD character a nice exit. And yet they're wooing Adam Rodriguez??? Melina Kanakaredes could RUN CIRCLES around Adam Rodriguez, and teach him a thing or two about SUBTLETY!! Seriously ... this was a messed up decision all around to bring Eric back in the first place, and now to kill off a character they played up so much in the first part of Season 8 - just lame.

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

couldn't stand by not putting a word. i so agree with you all guys and i'm happy that i'm not the only one who thinks Jesse had to stay instead of Eric.
    i'm currently (right now) watching Bolt Action and i see Jesse as very smart and calm character, and i really like him, much better (not to mention smth more) than Eric ever.
    Jesse also was very impressing at Hostile Takeover so well, as i haven't seen whole season yet, i can say that i'd liked him to stay, not Eric. cause i think it's already enough for Eric on this show. and i've never hidden i don't like Eric anymore. no offence for those who likes Eric.

8. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Given the state of scripted TV dramas, this was probably as much an economic decision as one of outsized egos. And I suppose this isn't something that was decided overnight--you don't just excise an entire season's worth of Jesse, whose character was hyped all the time.

Toss in the addition of Omar, and you have an already-challenged writing staff having to introduce more plot lines for them. There are only so many countries where you can fly, murder some drug gangsters, and fly home without a passport. :shifty:

9. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

i just read the episode review and eventhough i haven't seen it i clearly could imagine all what's happened and i already know that when i finally see the episode i will be crying. it shouldn't happened. noone had to die.
    i shed some tear when Warrick from Vegas died but i can feel this character death will touch me even more. i liked Jessie as much as i like Eddie and i definately wanted to see more of character and definately for much longer time.
    i just feel so disappointed ...

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I am amazed at all the love Jesse/Eddie is getting now that he is gone. Where were all the fans when he needed them last season? His fan thread never developed, and the complaints about his character taking over the show were overwhelming.

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

i was here all the time. but i couldn't much say untill i see my own eyes (the season).
    so yeah i'm late again.

but i was very disappointed when i read all the negativities about his character and the fact that his fans are so few.

lucky me, i know the actor from several previous tv shows and i know Eddie is great actor:)
    TPTB just didn't give him enough time being overwhelmed by Erics character comeback.

but now all i've left is to enjoy season 8 with Jessie and wait for season 9.

12. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

Yeah I remember going to the spoiler thread and everyone hated him. Now everyone loves him?:eek:

Maybe I'm the minority here, but I think Jesse and Eric should both stay on. I don't think they should have killed Jesse. That was a little too much imo.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It's like a painter. No one wants to buy their paintings while they're alive, but after they die, their stuff sells like hotcakes. I personally loved Jesse from the get-go, but that's just me.

Yeah, I would have liked to see Jesse and Eric interact more. I don't understand why they had to kill him off. They could have just had a random lab tech die and then just had Jesse catch Enright for killing his wife and then have him go back to L.A. ALIVE. Now that case is left wide open and will be sucked into the black hole of continuity never to be heard from again. It's so pointless. I hate when they bring up storylines and then don't finish them.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Truthfully,I see some of the same names now that I saw previously that either supported or liked Jesse. People may not have posted simply because it wasn't popular, that was abundantly clear,not so much here but there was ridicule and downright rudeness in other places.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't typically post about Miami. Sometimes I post in the news forum on a news article or a review of the show, but I rarely post in the Miami forum. But I saw this thread so I thought I'd let my opinion be known. Just because people weren't around squeeing about Jesse/Eddie doesn't mean he didn't have fans and everyone wanted him gone.