Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

If the "bromance" gets too sticky sweet, one of the old bad guys needs to come in and derisively refer to Eric as "Co-Caine." :lol:

And yes, more Frank. Develop his character, aside from his past wives and his vague love of the bottle.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Hmm I haven't been in here for a very long time and I'm sorry for that but RL is challenging sometimes :lol:

Anyway, as much as I dislike this bromance I'd rather watch that than watching any other scene between Eric & Calleigh. At least when it was time to avenge Marisol's death Eric was quite smart....at least he had an useful brain at the time. That's the only positive thing from Marisol's storyline...at least he had a brain at the time :rolleyes:

Also I've seen the promo-pics from the episode & is it just me or did anyone else notice how Eric almost looks like the one from s4 (also with the facial hair) ???? Could it be a good sign? I sure as hell hope so :p

3. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

My only concern is that the season doesn't have a full fledged "Welcome back Eric" theme. His fans might not mind but those who have been alienated by this sideplot romance will be.

4. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I know. I have the fear that they are going from the "Super H" joke to the "Super Eric" show, if you know what I mean. Bleh.

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Oh good heavens I hope not! It's all I can do to sit through a scene with Delko these days I so dislike that character. It's going to take all my love for Horatio to hold me. If they elevate Delko to somekind of "Super" status I don't think I can watch.

Then again, Calleigh is finally going to be a reduced focus and for me that is going to be slice of paradise! Maybe that will work as compensation. :)

6. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Well, from recent interviews they've been posting w/A-Rod, it seems like the dude is still in denial about the "chemistry" of this relationship. :rolleyes:

I just don't get why Delko is all of a sudden the "face" of CSI:Miami. :wtf: The more I watch his character, the more I see a whiney child who loses his cool and professionalism if a suspect looks at Calleigh the wrong way. Does the dude care about anything outside his own "little world". :scream: I mean maybe the person who actually dies would've been ALIVE if Eric had tried to help OTHER PEOPLE in the lab. Wish that would be the fall-out - Eric finally has to own up to being impulsive, unprofessional and costing others their jobs and lives. :brickwall:

I know a lot of people here have lost respect for Calleigh, but it's Eric that I can't stand. Calleigh was solid in Season 5, especially running the lab - it's Eric that's ruined her. Eric, from day 1, has been irresponsible, but has never had to own up to his actions, which almost compromised cases and almost cost people their jobs and lives. :censored: (Have we so soon forgotten how Ryan almost got killed in "Nailed" b/c of Eric's "personal" problems - but even then TPTB tried to make Eric look "noble." Ryan's always the "bad boy" who makes bad decision while Eric always has "good excuse" for his misbehavior - SO BOGUS!). :brickwall:

Maybe going back to this whole "Marisol" thing will jog something in his messed up brain, and he'll remember who it really was who was there for him during his sister's illness ::cough:: Natalia ::cough:: :rolleyes:

It's just that this whole "no-mance" came out of the blue and didn't follow anything TPTB set up from Seasons 1-4. If Eric can just write off someone he's had a relationship with like he had w/Natalia (who, btw, was down in the lab too and could've died...just sayin'), then I don't think he's the kind of guy you want to be with. The sooner Cal figures that out, the sooner she'll "recover" and come to her senses.

I see Calleigh's character as redeemable b/c she wasn't like this prior to the relationship - it's the relationship that made her into what many here have expressed dislike about - selfish, centered only on Eric, unprofessional, covering for Eric, etc. She was a strong leader - and a damn good second-in-command - prior to all this.

I just wish TPTB would take a look at the HISTORY of the show and how they wrote these characters from day one - how about a little continuity?

OK...rant over. (For now...)

7. miamirocks

OK ... so what do you all think the deal is after last night's episode? Are we going to be tormented w/even more "will they/won't they" storylines, or is this really THE END. (Of course, it's never "The End" when it comes to TPTB, but man I wish it was). That scene at the end really was weird, but it was something I was hoping would come eventually - I just wish it wasn't so damn ambiguous - we never understand what's going on. Like what made them break up - I'm hoping Cal came to her senses, but it all feels kind of strange, especially after TPTB had them "cross the line" and hook up - will there ever be any full closure w/this.

To me, this is another prime example of how E/C has been "subtlely" running the show, and I just wish we could get a proper end to this relationship. I'm so tired of all the "drama" - it makes both their characters look stupid. I wish that was the end of it, but I have my doubts...

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Tormented is certainly the right word for it, miamirocks!

While I'm appreciative of what I saw last night, I'm by no means convinced that what we saw means that the nightmare of the nomance is over. In fact the history of these writers means that it's just a prelude to the "nomance that won't die" rearing its ugly head over and over again as a piss poor excuse for what these writers think is drama.

I couldn't believe how much more I enjoyed the episode without E/C - and how much more I was able to tolerate Delko (something I didn't think was possible anymore) as long as Calleigh was out of the picture. Calleigh's reduced time alone made the episode a winner for me ... the E/C scene was just the icing on the cake.

It's all good - until the writers shift gears again. Probably right after Procter has her baby and is able to get back in to shape for them to write another not even luke warm bedroom scene. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  9. miamirocks

I have that feeling too, Delynn - that it's just another ploy. I'm so sick of this - just make up your minds already!

All I can say is, with everyone talking about how that scene came "out of the blue" - that's exactly how I've felt about the whole "no-mance" from day one. :rolleyes: TPTB decided to take a, IMHO, very nice friendship and force it into something it never was - a real romantic relationship with depth. Now, people are "shocked" over Calleigh's "I love you like family" comment, but it's what I've been saying all along - I don't know why it took her so long to realize that, but I really hope she meant it.

It was good to see Eric not "pouting" so much over, at least not at work. Maybe they've finally come to the decision that it's just not "working' - I mean, how many times do they have to almost die to decipher their "feelings" for each other - it can only happen so much and if it's just not there, then it's not there. If they're not making each other better people, then end it. Maybe Cal finally figured that out - that they're just not good for each other - no matter how "hot" they are together :rolleyes:

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Sooooooooooo, I haven't been in here for what....too much time, but now I hope I'll be back permanently ;)

This year has been terrible for my family & me and I hope it will end soon. Probably that is why I'm becoming more & more cynical...everyday, so I must say I didn't see anything postive in the E/C scene the other day.

I won't say it came out of nowhere, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to happen also because TPTB promised us they will asses that relationship and, unfortunately, I've come to know how capable they are of assessing a relationship :rolleyes:

I've read someone posting something quite interesting in the episode thread. This person ( I'll say the sin, not the sinner :p) mentioned how Calleigh has trusting issues and how she tends to kick someone's ass as soon this person lies to her because of her past problems with her father (remember??? She had a father, named Duke, who happened to be an alcoholic). She also mentioned how TPTB finally got the continuity this show needed. Well my only reply to that post would be "hello there, Delko had already lied to her more then once & after he had lied to her she decided to live with him"

I love how people tend to defend Calleigh & TPTB, but I don't see anything postive in that scene. Yeah I was like "God exists!!!" when she said so, but it was not positive.
    To me Calleigh always sounds to me a like a person who suffers from double personality. And TPTB always sound awful to me :rolleyes:

Am I cynical enough??? :p

11. Lady I

Lady I Hit and Run

OMG continuity? where, why & when?:alienblush::alienblush::cardie:

I deserve an answer... I don't see any continuity in two people who in one episodere were together (they also made us see Eric's flashback referring to their bad bad sex scene) and one episode later pouf she dates someone else and, above all, what a terrible imagine for Calleigh who leaves the guy and immediatly dates someone else....

Also let's not say something stupid by saying she leaves whoever lies to her....now let's say she found another toy boy as Tim, John, Peter and Jake were at the time:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

wow, Delko, who happened to be a playboy, has become the seduced and abandoned one...I've always said this couple was disgusting

*"thank god Horatio, Ryan and Frank didn't have to suffer like that*

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

It's soooooooo good to see you back, hon! You've been missed! :)

I'm sorry to hear that, sweetie. I hope things are better for you and your family very soon.

I'm sure it hasn't helped, but I find that the deterioration of the show itself over the past four years has caused me to become much more cynical - surprising only when it comes to my assessment of CSI Miami (the rest of my life is quite positive). I don't trust TPTB because they've lied to us so many times I just simply don't believe or trust them anymore. I can't help but feel that certain actors on the show have only THEIR agendas as a priority and not the show as a whole, nor do they care how their agendas affect other cast members.

That scene in the locker room between E/C did come out of nowhere. As Lady I said, last week we see Eric's lame attempt to get his girlfriend out of the lab (while visions of their bad sex scene dance in his head :wtf:) and this week they both appear to be very comfortable moving on to being just friends. Neither appeared to be upset or even awkward about it. (Even Rodriguez' twitter about it sounds like he's moved on.) Whatever! :rolleyes:

Next week I expect to see one of them screwing the next sex partner of the moment! :guffaw: Most likely Delko due to Procter's limitations but I really don't find Delko any more casual in who he sleeps with than Calleigh. She doesn't seem to be too discriminating either.

There is no congratulations due TPTB for continuity. That locker room scene came out of nowhere! :rolleyes:

Yeah, Calleigh is pretty much is allowed to get alway with any and everything because her father was an alcoholic. We just HAVE to excuse her because "her father was an alcoholic." While having an alcoholic parent is a rough way to grow up, there are a lot of children who are raised under much worse circumstances and they don't grow up to use it as an excuse for everything that is wrong in their life.

At some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

Delko has been lying to Calleigh since they've known each other. She's known who and what he is and still decided to get involved with him. She's made bad choices all on her own to cover for him and all of his screw ups, to purposely throw her integrity and professionalism in the toilet for him, to sleep with him knowing he was not only a co-worker but a subordinate (although he seems to have moved into the power position of late). Her decisions - her choices.

I don't know. Are we confusing "truth" with "cynicism"? ;)

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I am so sorry about what is going on with you and your family! I hope everything is starting to get better. And I am glad you're back!!

My first reaction to the E/C was "WTF, NOW what is going on? They went from living together and being the love of each other's life to Calleigh loving him like family":wtf::wtf:?!!!!" Is this how a relationship is assessed?!! Why do I see another year of being jerked around? These writers have no idea what they are doing.:scream:

What I am waiting for is what is going to happen after EP has her baby and returns from maternity leave. Will we see more scenes as in Sudden Death or will we be tortured with more scenes of them of them playing slap and tickle AND back to living together and shutting everyone else out?:wtf:

It would explain a lot:rolleyes:

The truth is never cynical:lol:

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you all for your support ;)

I read Adam's twitter & it kind of left me speechless...I don't know I got used in seeing him supporting any possible storyline for Delko or Calleigh and I must say I was relieved that just once he supported the whole show :lol:

Unfortunately they've never taken their own responsabilities...oh well once Delko ended up in jail, but it is nothing compared to what happened to Natalia or, even, worse, to what is constantly happening to Ryan :rolleyes:

And that is what I hate the most. Calleigh Duquesne up until s5 would have never been like this :rolleyes:

This is good to know :lol::p

I hope we will see the same amount of scenes "Sudden Death" had than what I think TPTB are going to do once she'll be back....in the name of god make Emily Procter rest...she needs that :lol:

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'm with you about keeping the number of Calleigh - E/C scenes the same after the pregnancy as they are now. Not only does Procter need the rest, more importantly, WE need the rest! :guffaw:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010