"Pool Shark" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Brass..."The FIN number!" :lol:

It was entertaining...kept my interest, although I wondered why they cared so much about the shark after they found out it didn't kill the girl. Doc was so funny, knowing more about the shark than the aquavet. "He doesn't watch Shark Week!" :lol:

Loved Nick giving Hodges a little support over Wendy's leaving. :)

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~Why hello there Drops!
    ~“Booby-trapped bodies. A shark in a swimming pool. Yeah, I’m a little jumpy.”
    ~Yeah, she’s Sam’s little girl. If “Sam’s little girl” is code for “woman who can get your butt arrested.”
    ~Hee. “Just like your old man, always got his way.” Damn straight.
    ~Wow, you’re annoying.
    ~Wait a minute. Sara’s hand! CONTINUITY? On CSI? What’s this world coming to?
    ~*sad look* Wendy…
    ~How is it that I missed the entire conversation between Wendy and Hodges?
    ~Ray, I can tell from the way you’re walking that you really shouldn’t be here.
    ~“That makes you a coconspirator.” “…To a shark.”
    ~“Your daddy used to say that.” What is this guy’s fascination with Catherine being Sam’s daughter?
    ~I’m laughing because I’m imagining that Doc’s laughing at Ray for coming into work. Come on, guy. Sara’s hand hasn’t even healed yet. You want to tell me that you’re well enough after being stabbed multiple times and losing a kidney? ‘Cuz I’m not buying it.
    ~Wait. Wait. Wait. They’re making the boys go in the pool?
    ~Oh, God, Wendy, no.
    ~I wonder if some of Liz’s emotion here is real-life-based.
    ~*frowns* This is going to be her last scene, isn’t it? Bastards.
    ~Pro-shark PSA!
    ~Oh, Hodges, honey, don’t take it out on Henry.
    ~“As long as you keep Hodges away from me. I think I got swimmer’s ear.” To be honest, Henry, you were mocking a man with a broken heart. What did you expect?
    ~Why hallo thar sharky.
    ~Suspicious shark man. Hm… wonder how this’ll go.
    ~Huh. Wonder if those guests think that it’s some sort of weird display.
    ~I’m still whining about Wendy, just so you know.
    ~Greg has a bandage on his head, too! More continuity! Am I sure that I’m watching CSI? Hey, wait, if it’s an alternate universe, does that mean that Wendy isn’t actually gone? /ImplausiblyHopeful
    ~“No” as in “you aren’t sure”?
    ~Good episode. I liked most of it, and I definitely liked the fact that continuity existed, between the injuries and the fact that Young!Catherine was played by the same actress that played her before. Didn’t really care for Ray’s place in the episode, because it felt like they were forcing him back into the episode. Although, that does seem in character for Ray, and he wasn’t out in the field at all. They didn’t handle Wendy’s exit as much as I would’ve liked them to, but at least she was given an exit and the writers gave Hodges something to pout about for the next few episodes.

Hee, Werewolves vs Vampires. I wonder if it’s- … I’m sorry, I just died. Catherine/Vartann FTW!

3. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Good episode. I loved Doc and his shark week :lol: Disproving the "expert" with his knowledge.
    A little much with all the shark puns but I did like some "fin number" :lol:
    Yeah not a lot of Greg time but he looked HOT in the opening scene by the pool with Catherine. :nod:
    Nicky was funny trying to cheer up Hodges when giving him the air tank :lol:
    I felt bad for Hodges too. His little "Don't. Wait." when Wendy walked out of the break room for the last time was so heartbreakingly cute. And his anger at Henry and trying to drown him was kinda funny. *finds murder weapon* "Oh good eyes." :lol:

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

This one was alright, I give it a C+ to a B-

There was a some nice humor, VIS and the FIN number :lol:

There wasn't a lot of Drops and he felt like a completely different character

Didn't care for the flashback, probably cause it wasn't the same actor that played Sam

and good grief Greg had like a minute of screentime :(:scream:

Wendy :(:(:( but I'm glad she gets what she wanted

I'll add more tomorrow

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

It was decent episode. I totally almost started crying when Wendy was saying goodbye to Hodges. I really think Liz was showing some real emotion there too about having to leave the role. And wow, Hodges almost drowning Henry was crazy!! At least it helped Henry find the needle. Poor Hodges, will he recover from his loss of Wendy? :( I really felt bad for him.

I was glad Drops was not in it much, as I do not like him.

It was sort of a silly story overall.

Totally hated Greg being in it for like a minute and yet Ray, who should still be recovering, is on ten times more. :mad:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  6. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Gotta be honest, I thought it was a boring episode. Loved good old Brass! A lot of silly puns but he was funny. Wendy's scene almost made me cry :( I didn't like how they did it. Even though it was personal between her and Hodges it still felt out of place. It could've been handled better. Liked the continuity with Sara's hand. Knew they'd bring Langston back but it was too soon and he still took up what could've been Greg's spotlight. Flashback was alright. Overall I was anticipating more. Next week looks AWESOME though! :)

Can't believe I forgot! The f*** you song made the episode for me :D

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Good episode! I was a little bit confused by the shark part. I didn't catch Macklin's motive of letting the vet put the shark in the pool because my parents really love talking out loud infront of the TV! I was struggling for the last 15 minutes - when I turn up the volume, they would talk even louder! So I decided to just put the volume back to normal because all I was hearing were overlapping noise. And Brass was so hard to lip-read! The close captions weren't of help - they're very fast and incomplete.

I really enjoy watching Doc Robbins and Ray working together. Hoping for more of them together. The flashback was good but I think it would be better if it were old Sam and Cath. It's sad to see Wendy go. She will be missed.

8. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I fully expected Super Ray to pop some stitches when he was attempting to cut open that shark. Shouldn't he be on light duty?

I agree with KAiLUxOa that this would have been a great shot for Greg this week. I mean, geez, he was at the scene with Cath before Nick even showed up, but seemed to disappear for most of the episode. Either the guy has a lot of time off the job, or he's hold up in a supply closet hiding from the others doing who knows what. lol

Nick being late to the scene - anyone else think he might have been talking to the shrink Cath suggested he see last week?

I must have missed something. Why did Greg have a bandage on his forehead during the team review scene?

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'm pretty sure that's what Nick's "appointment" was, since it would continue from the end of last week's show. :)

I didn't pay much attention to Greg's forehead, but would it have been from the explosion last week? If so, I liked the continuity in that, as well as with Sara and also Nick mentioning it. Ray...well...I don't know about him. Besides not being up to full strength yet, I figured him stabbing a shark with a knife just after he himself was stabbed was..well, I don't know. Seems like he didn't think about it, but it's the first thing I thought of.

10. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Hopefully we'll get to see a little bit of those sessions in weeks to come. Like the tail end of one of their talks and he gets called to go to a scene.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah finally Nick sees a shrink.

I've been suggesting it all these years..:lol:

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I thought the episode was decent despite Wendy leaving. My poor Hodges. Wally and Jon work so well together, so the little pool scene was mildly entertaining until Hodges caught me by surprise when he turned on Henry. I know the guy is hurting, but physical aggression was something I didn't think Hodges was actually capable of.

I loved Superdave in the beginning as he watched the shark swim around. I'd be jumpy too! :lol:

Was that the same girl, in Catherine's flashback, that played young Cath in Living Legend? (I believe that is the ep)

At least they didn't decide to kill off Wendy. And should the show continue on without Marg next season, it still leaves the possibility for Liz to return...key word, possibility! Wendy would already be trained and a seasoned csi by then. Hopeful thinking.

Lastly....still to much Ray so soon after his brutal attack.

13. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I wanted to hug both Wendy and Hodges during their scene together. I don't think either Liz or Wally had to 'act' when they said good-bye, there was just too much honest emotion on the screen. That said, I loved that Hodges lost control of himself in the pool with Henry.

And can I say, those lab rat boys are looooking good in their poolwear. lol

14. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

The episode was okay. I don't like the soapy stuff and I honestly thought the scene between Wendy and Hodges was awful in almost every way. She deserved a better send-off than boohooing to Hodges. I don't know... just really didn't like it.

The story-line itself was alright. Got more into Vegas than just day to day murders which was pretty cool. And inside into to Catherine was nice, I guess.

WARNING: RANT ABOUT GREG FOLLOWS:

Not to go into the Greg issue again but my goodness! We saw more HENRY than we did Greg... We saw more EVERYONE than we did Greg. I'm not asking for much... heck, I'd be fine with seeing him for a few seconds throughout the episode. Just to know he exists. Literally, after that glimpse of him in the very beginning, there was NO sign of him until we were 48 minutes into the show. That's a bit ridiculous. There are currently three CSIs on the show that have been there since the very beginning and haven't left: Cath, Nick and Greg (I don't count Sara). Why in the world did we get literally a minute of Greg?

DONE

Sorry... it just bugs me. Anyway, will watch next episode and hopefully think better of it.

15. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

OH my GOD. The lack of Greg in this episode was...so.....egregious...argh there are not enough words to describe my anger! It's getting to the point where it's becoming ridiculous! WTF