"Pool Shark" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I'm looking forward to this one.I'm really anxious to see Wendy's exit from the show.
    This episode is going to be more lighthearted which is a good thing.I love Drops and I'm waiting to see Elliot Gould's performance.
    I'm also curious to see Catherine's story with Sam.

2. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I tend to agree with you about Wendy. The writers are probably doing this because they realized fans don't like it when their favorite characters just dissapear. I could care less about Ronnie, she was just a plot device anyway, but Sofia should have gotten a proper write-off. Or at the very least a mention.

3. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

The flashback episodes are always fun. Good chance to develop a character more deeply. And CSILV has a good history of giving their departing actors an appropriate sendoff.

He was Trapper John in the original MASH. The only actor to be in both the TV series and the film was Gary Burghoff (Radar).

4. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

I am happy they are giving Wendy an exit. I think the difference between her and some of the others who left without a trace is that LV got to be a regular and in the opening credits. And then her contract wasn't picked up. That's quite a fall and I bet she was at least glad to be able to wrap it up. I wish they had done the same with Sofia, though. I am looking forward to what is going to happen to Wendy, even though it makes me sad. :(

5. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

Sorry. I am double posting. I don't do this much. I do hope we get to see Hodges say goodbye to her. I'm so curious how he will react.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

bill az, Elliot Gould did not played Trapper John on Mash. Trapper John played by Wayne Rogers. Elliot Gould played Catherine's father if I remember. He did a guest stars on Mash, but not Trapper John.

7. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Elliot Gould starred in the original movie as Trapper John along with Donald Sutherland (Kiefer's father) as Hawkeye Pierce. He has a huge number of credits. Check IMDb for more. [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001285/]
    LaSquisita

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I believe the actor who played Catherine's father Sam Braun was named Scott something (although in this episode they have a younger person playing Sam in the flashbacks). I can't remember the last name. But Pool Shark will be Elliot Gould's first time on CSI: LV as far as I know. Elliot Gould was Ross and Monica's father on Friends.

9. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Scott Wilson. Ironically, he also starred in a crime/drama film called "The Grissom Gang."

Elliot Gould has done some of the Law & Order-type shows in the past few years, and I recall seeing him briefly in the "Oceans" films. He is more of a "NYC actor" than a Hollywood guy. He fell in with Woody Allen and those types in the 1970s. He is reputed to be difficult to work with.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Here's a short clip from Pool Shark, although none of the CSIs are in it. :)

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Thanks Smokey :thumbsup: I wish there was someone from the team instead but Drops will do :)

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

As I suspected.... :lol:

From DLA's Facebook today:

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I like the scene where Drops pulls off his sunglasses, just like in the movie "Jaws":lol:

14. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Lots of twists, I found it kind of hard to keep up the first time through. Making more sense the third time..

I'm glad Drops was innocent. Who's his wife though? Last we saw, the mother of his child wanted nothing more to do with him. :confused:

Nick, Drops, and Brass, always good. "Nick, help me out here." :lol:

Wendy and Hodges.. :( I'm happy Wendy's getting out in the field, like she wanted (it would be nice if she could come back as a CSI, maybe if/when Marg and Jorja leave), but so sad for Hodges. Funny in the pool with Henry "you tried to kill me.. but hey, I found the murder weapon!"

I got confused with the rival club owner's name. There was a Macklin in Formalities too - any relation, or just coincidence?

Doc and Shark Week - Nick isn't the only one who watches too much TV. :)

Sam Braun flashback.. kinda meh. I liked the original Sam actor.

I really suck at remembering to fast forward through commercials on DVR. :brickwall:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  15. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Well... so far, all I'm gonna say is that if you're a Greg fan, you won't be happy. 48 minutes into the show and he's got a total of... a minute (and that's being generous, epsecially since he was standing in the background for most of it) and one line.

All time low.

Did I miss something? Is Eric doing a movie on the side or something?

EDIT: There he is for the group discussion! We got some close ups too!