Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Amen to that :thumbsup:

When I first read that post on the main site I swear I was like "really Eva, Adam Rodriguez is THAT THE GOOD reason to watch the new season, do you truely believe that????" I swear I do feel for her, but the whole statement they made her release is unbelievable & quite ridiculous :lol:

Ever since s5 he's been an annoying presence and I do think he left (meaning I didn't see his face for the whole episode) for a couple of episodes which, to be frank, were a lot better in terms of team dynamics :lol:. But other than that he's been always annoyingly present :rolleyes:

There's no need to bet 'cause we all are going to win :scream:

Man!!!!! I watched that too.....it was all about the E/C romance as it was the "behind the scenes" from s7 they were brave enough to air :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Despite what happened to the actresses of the show, I think that the staff from Criminal Minds is great and I'll always respect their opinion. This, in my honest opinion, is the most right thing I've heard in the last period. Every show facing the 6th season will have to face lots of difficulties and every show will have to freshen up a bit.

Miami actually did it by introducing Jesse & Walter but now that they had to kill off Jesse because of Adam's sudden return (I don't care about what anyone else says, Eddie Cibrian has left because of Adam's return....there is no really need to defend the poor poor guy who wanted anything but someone from the cast to leave the show because of him!!!!!) they ruined it all.....return my ass I'd say, at this point since he had never actually left...he's always been an obscure (not to mention annoying) presence during s8 :rolleyes:

2. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Assuming just about every CSIM show has had to deal with 1.5 murders per show, 20 epi's per season, 8 seasons. That's about 240 different murders the writers had to dream up.

Assuming that TRTB won't write anything into the show except murders, I suggest the writers tune it to SpikeTV, where the air a show called 1,000 Ways to Die. For crying out loud, that's 760 new story line just waiting for you. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Wow ... seriously, did we need that "news flash" from TPTB that just came out about E/C. They're going to take them on "quite a journey"??? Does this mean EVEN MORE DRAMA? :brickwall: I mean, seriously - what was the last four years about? How much more of a "journey" could they go on?? :wtf:

This is all just :censored: to get E/C fans talking and excited after they made those other comments earlier this summer. Looks like we're being jerked around again. :scream:

I'm so tired of this storyline - seriously, do we really think E/C needs to go on yet ANOTHER JOURNEY??? :wtf: Maybe they should get a freakin' GPS device and get a clue... :rolleyes: These characters need to go on a "journey" either by themselves or SEPARATE from each other - please!!! Let someone tell them what selfish, cold, arrogant people they've become since they've hooked up.

It's sooo apparent that they don't make each other better people, (unless you consider looking down on your fellow CSIs and encouraging your "lover" to break protocol while hypocritically lambasting anyone else who makes the slightest mistake a good thing). And if you make the person you're with worse, you need to END the relationship! :rolleyes:

I have no problem admitting that, since Season 1, Eric and Cal have a relationship (as friends) - but like the writers even admitted themselves (!), that relationship HAS NOT grown organically - they "forced" this storyline w/the "bullet-in-the-head" soap opera saga, and it's gotten worse from there. I don't want to have another season filled with deathbed confessions between Eric and Cal. Obviously, it's all empty words b/c they just can't "get it together." They have no "defining moment" because there IS NONE - they've tried the "deathbed confessions," the "I'm leaving CSI" routine and even the "OMG you betrayed the team" approach. All those moments are lacking b/c if you've been through that much and still can't commit, it's really not working - you don't belong together!!

It's like two friends who had been through a lot and were both coming off hard times and decided to confide in each other. Despite the possibility of losing each other and making all these professions of "love" (in so many words), they still can't follow through with commitment. This is the point where you realize something's WRONG - it's not "clicking." If Eric and Cal really loved each other, they'd have committed a long time ago, and Eric wouldn't have lied to her about the wire b/c he would trust her implicitly (hell, she already lied for him and broke protocol, why stop now?).

Mean what you say, and say what you mean. That goes for the writers, the characters and TPTB.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I really have to wonder if tptb keep saying the same thing about E/C every season because they do not yet know what they want to do with the storyline?

5. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I'd actually prefer it if they both got lost ... forever. :rolleyes:

This is the same old crap TPTB have been feeding us for years. And we're supposed to be GRATEFUL for these little nuggets? :scream:

I honestly believe TPTB don't care about CSIM anymore - otherwise they wouldn't have moved it from what one CBS official called the best timespot they had to make way for a buddy-cop reboot. Bleh. They are just trying to squeeze as much money out of it as they can, while they can before throwing it away like yesterday's trash. It's disgusting that they have no regard to us as the audience or the hard work of the actors and crew (except the writers - they've been phoning it in for YEARS, IMO).

Thanks a lot CBS. :rolleyes: Once CSIM is done, so am I.

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well, here we go again with the same old E/C drama. How many times do they have to repeat the same story?
    If they couldn't get it together after the fourth deathbed show of 'love' they are never going to do it. TPTB can obviously see no romantic chemistry between the characters and feel that the only way to show any affection is by having one in peril. And that will no doubt happen a few more times next season, as part of this 'journey.' Well, this journey is stuck at a dead end and has been for some time. Now is the time to drop it completely and get something original.

7. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Funny you mention that, bill az. When the whole CSI franchise started out, they based their storylines on REAL CASES. Truth really is stranger than fiction. In fact, if you go back to the early epis, not all of them were murders, and not all of them were intentional. I don't care for A Thousand Ways to Die, but even THAT's getting more believable than the E/C storyline!

Just a thought about these two "exploring their love" for YET ANOTHER SEASON. :wtf: Most normal people either pee or get off the pot after four years. Most normal people. Somebody having prostate problems? (pm me if I have to explain that further)

8. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

After believing I had thought this through as much as I wanted to, then I talked with an old friend who was briefly involved in financing TV productions in L.A. in the 1980s. I mentioned that I participate in a TV discussion board which taught me a new word, "shipper." He laughed and said the term is new but the problem is old. Writing staffs & producers often grapple with this problem: to lightly dance around the s3x issue like Mulder & Scully--rather difficult to mix in some lust between two FBI agents looking for UFOs. Or they just jump in and throw in the towel like they did on Friends.

There are still some social taboos in the U.S.. One of them is murder. Another is risque, perhaps dangerous physical relationships. Well, there's been a murder every Monday on CSIM the last few years. When the show starts to get a little predictable, the lazy writer will look to the next easiest crutch--toss in some T & A.

The only available plot device to explore romantically is D/D. Ratings are down a bit, everyone's feeling a bit fat and lazy, so they push the romantic drama to get around the central issue--stagnant plots and unbelievable characters. Cat's out of the bag, we can't click our heels and say, "There's no place like Hill Street Blues...there's no place like Hill Street Blues." :)

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

*raises hand* Bored, or even frustrated don`t quite cut it (never liked E/C, but before they were more like a minor annoyance since I`m not that invested in either anymore; now I`m a little peeved).

I`m wondering the same thing. I mean, there are supersized-issues with almost all of the franchise`s ships, but I do have to notice how E/C's one that never seems to go,well, anywhere, ever. It's getting so one can't even tell which rerun they're watching with the EC-centric episodes, the stories are that similar. Which just makes me wonder why they don't end it already if tptb have no clue where they want to go with it.

(To be fair, Wendy/Hodges is another ship-storyline that hasn't changed much in as many years, and I love them :lol: But then, with 90% less of the screentime or hype dedicated to that ship-storyline, I have to admit it's a lot harder to notice.)

10. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

:lol::lol::lol: I couldn't have said it better myself - somehow you managed to sum up my three paragraphs of angst over how to express my frustration over this storyline into one sentence: After four freakin' years, piss or get off the pot! Good job! :thumbsup: This relationship has been a stagnant pond, and the mosquitoes are swarming - sucking the life-blood out of the show. (OK, the analogy is getting a bit gross, sorry...)

Anyhow, it's just stagnant - and that's after how many chances they had to have a "defining moment". I mean, like Solitaire said, if they can't "get it together" after THAT MANY deathbed scenarios, what will the relationship be like when it's NORMAL? If you have to amp something up that much, it's obvious that the "chemistry" is only there b/c of the (over-hyped) "drama", not b/c of the character's chemistry w/each other. Anyway...moving on...:rolleyes:

11. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

Now she will be ******** new season. Can this be anymore of a soap opera? If I want to watch this type of drama, I can watch All My Children or Days our of Lives. This was supposed to be crime action based show with a little characterization here and there. Not based on baby drama, and angst filled relationships/triangles. I don't know if I will continue to stick around for this.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ Are you talking about Calleigh being pregnant this season? It's been said by CBS/TPTB and the actors that they aren't writing the pregnancy in.

13. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Calleigh is going to be pregnant afterall? I thought TPTB said that they weren't going to write that storyline in? Where did you find this out?

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

She's not going to be pregnant.TPTB as well as Emily herself has said the pregnancy will not be written in the show.At least TPTB got that right,for now.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  15. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

emily said it in her message on her website that calleigh is NOT gonna be pregnant