CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I personally think the lack of promos for the new CSI timeslots actually shows CBS' faith in the series. Moving The Big Bang Theory and Survivor to new timeslots is a big risk for the net, so the major promotional push for them and the new shows is understandable. As for the CSI's, they're being moved to timeslots that have been troubled spots on the CBS schedule over the past few years and expectations for their performance this year will be lower than their old timeslots.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Unfortunately,there are other time zones and there is a big effect in some of the zones.Yes we have to work on Tues.,but the show really didn't start late Monday nights.There really is a difference starting a Monday morning on less sleep and starting Tuesday morning with a little more sleep. I love the show too,but if it's delayed for a significant amount of time,I'll have to catch the show later.I will try to show my support,but I also need to be reasonable.

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Actually I was following up on what Finch had said a little earlier when she remarked that CSI Miami has "provided CBS with a buttload of money and deserves better than to be shafted into SUNDAY nights." ;)

:lol: I used to watch Dog The Bounty Hunter, too. Not so much lately (a lot of time watching ION these days ... big Criminal Minds and NCIS fan!). But once the International warrant was issued for David Caruso's stalker, I used to wish Dog would take another trip down to Mexico and catch that psycho and turn her over to the Austrian authorities! :shifty:

I doubt, however, that he'd want to go through all of the grief he went through because he had the courage to go to Mexico and bring Andrew Luster, a convicted rapist back to the U.S. after he skipped out! Until that happened I had no idea that bounty hunting was illegal in Mexico.

4. slower

slower Lab Technician

Didn't mean to offend anyone greatfan! JMO and I was also getting alittle bummed out by all the negativity. I really want them to succed in their new time slot. I hope it doesn't affect others too much. As far as sleep goes I can go to bed at 2 a.m., get up at 5 a.m., and still function. I know not everyone is like me.:lol:

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I'm not offended, and I want them to succed as well,but I do think that people don't realize that while it may have little effect in some areas,that it may not be the same for others. I'm fortunate that I don't have to work every Monday so there will be times when it doesn't make a difference if the show airs late.

6. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

I am kind of upset with the time slot change, just because being a High school student I have to get up very early Monday's for school. I am up at 4:30 and at the school by 5:30 due to school commitments. And with all of the homework from AP classes I am up really late anyways. Just the late night time slot is not really convienent for everyone but CBS. Look at what happened to Cold Case, I know they had some bum numbers in season 6 but they were doing amazing until the later time slot. There where Sundays that an episode didn't even air because of Football and I know that the same thing is going to happen to Miami, and the numbers are going to suffer from it. I have really lost all respect towards CBS after checking out their Fall Line-up.

7. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Hopefully the show won't delay too often, but with sports, I would think that the probability of it being delayed is very high. I don't like this move, and agree with a lot of you when you say that it might kill the show completely. It was already loosing viewers as it is, and no one is going to want to go out of their way to watch CSI: Miami, especially if they're casual viewers. I fear that season 9 will be the worst season yet. I'm beginning to think that CSI: Miami is taking a backseat to other "more important" shows.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  8. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

The season premiere of Undercover Boss is not two hours. :rolleyes:

On the first Sunday of the new fall season, CBS has an NFL doubleheader, so they are expecting at least a 30-minute overrun. Instead of having all of their season premieres that night starting late, 60 Minutues is now scheduled for 7:30, the 90-minute season premiere of The Amazing Race will follow at 8:30, and the one hour premiere of Undercover Boss will air at 10:00.

The following week, CBS will not have a late game, and that is why the CSI: Miami season premiere will not air until then as there will not be a risk of a delay because of a football overrun.

9. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

^^ It's not? Oh my mistake. I read somewhere that the premiere was 2 hours. I'll correct my previous post. Thanks for the correction and the information! :thumbsup:

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I think Cold Case failed because it was a boring show with boring actors. CSIM has a good following. And besides, it will only make the cast and crew work harder to please it's audience. I am expecting a great season! I read yesterday that CBS will start airing CBS shows including CSI in a brand new market, India. Our show will not end this season; there is too much replay money to be made overseas.

11. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I'm with the others- the writers (whether it started with losing good ones because of the strike on down) ruined this show! The concept is not dead in the water by any means- I see more Miami based themed shows on television than you can shake a stick at, and they're new programs too, like, for example, Burn Notice (they try to copy DC's neat trick with the sunglasses, but you know they can't- only HE can pull that off!), the Glades, the Kardashians doing shows from Miami, decoration and travel shows from Miami...etc, etc... so "Miami style" is still alive, well and POPULAR all around. Of course CSI Miami made it so!

All of this is why I believe with the right writers and focus Miami could go back on top- it never should have fallen in the first place. I've mentioned my preferences as to how Miami should go back to basics so long that I won't repeat them again- I can only say that TPTB should see just how many people DO watch, buy DVD's of and watch again the first few seasons, especially with Rory. If I were them I'd loosen the purse strings and beg him to at least come back- he doesn't have to be a ghost either- if amateur writers have found ways to fix his death (DEA duties, an FBI snatch- now, that sounds like a potential cross over with Criminal Minds- can any of you SEE the potentials if Miami and NY did a big cross over with CM?) and bring him back on a part-time basis. If Adam could be part time at least for a while, Rory could do the same and since the 2 men are friends the least Adam can do, in gratitude for being back on the show is to ask his buddy to lend a hand and help them OUT.

I know that people would give up sports and even sleep itself (LOL) to see Rory come back on Miami- he and the old guard as well as the people from the past made Miami popular. Of course, David Lee Smith should return and get his character fixed and redeemed.

I want to see Miami on for a long time myself, but hopefully with better writing and more hope for the future. I love NY too but I'm going to be cautious about Sela. The last time I saw her in something was in the movie called 54, which was about Studio 54 and it didn't present her as a competent actress but rather, she was presented as an unflattering ( at least to me) piece of flesh being used as part of the sex romp that went on in that movie.

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Rory wanted out of Miami.What of the characters that have joined since he left,do they get the boot,there are those that have a great deal of love for Ryan and Natalia.Perhaps the writers need to focus on writing better for the wonderful characters they have right now. Should Adam perhaps reduce his time to accomadate bringing Rory back ,should someone else?
    There are plenty of characters now,really no need to add more. The writers should be able to refocus without Rory .
    I love Crossovers, Miami has been described as a cartoon version of CSI(or words to that effect) by at least one of it's own actors,would Criminal Minds want to do a crossover with a show considered to be a cartoon version of anything?
    I do agree that with the right writers and focus Miami can be back on top.

13. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

Yes, Rory wanted out and he got it- but I do think he could be persuaded to come back if the lure was just right. Yes, Adam could reduce his time- he's gotten a LOT of exposure for someone that wanted to leave also and decided to come back. As for the rest, perhaps a crossover a big NY Miami and CM crossover with great writing would do well to dispel the comic book image. I'm all for trying anything reasonable and good to get the show back on track.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm all for the writers coming up with good intriguing storylines,not TPTB trying to lure someone back.With the move to Sunday,I hope the writers have on some huge thinking caps and they are coming up with something great for each of the present cast members and their characters.

15. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

CSI:Miami's first re-run on Sundays(Bone Voyage) brought 5.50 million viewers and a 1.3 in the 18/49 share.