CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I know how you feel. i live in a market where CSIM got bounced for the local news and the local sports feature show that follows after it. I was so p----d off. :scream: (Especially since the sports feature is horrible - two guys who WISH they could be SportsNight). CSIM didn't air at all. :scream:

I have a feeling I am going to be frustrated a lot this fall. *sigh*

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

It seems suspect to me that they decided to move one of their top shows (despite the declining ratings) to a time slot where the show, er...MIGHT air. What's the point, then? I'm definitely not going to bother waiting around for CSI:Miami very long.

Also, it kind of eliminates or at least greatly diminishes the possiblity of the show garnering new fans if every Sunday it's "Yes, No, Maybe So" with regards to how and when it'll air.

I wonder (and it's probable) if it ends up not airing at all on some nights, it'll still be available online for those who live in the US (does CTV stream CSI:Miami for Canadians? Haven't checked). They'll just end up increasing the amount of viewers who aren't watching it live. Seems sort of silly to me.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm sure to some extent CBS loves the franchise like they love a good steady employee, but it seems to me that they're trying to find a way to "weed out the old" & bring in the new.....it's like they've sent Miami to Sundays to purposely fail (worse than the latter half of last season) so they have no choice but to give it the axe.
    Very sad. I wasn't planning to watch last night's episode anyway (you don't give me Natalia then I don't give you my hour;)) but I checked at one point just to see if it had started yet & Undercover Boss was still on -- did it eventually come on?

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ I think Geeno mentioned that it was delayed by 90 minutes? I didn't bother looking to see if it was on, but when I asked a friend who lives in NC whether it was on (about 10:45pm her time), she said it was still Undercover Boss.

If they want to weed out the show (by incessantly annoying the fans), they may as well just cancel it/end it with the added bonus of a surge in ratings for the series finale
    instead of waiting until the raptors start circling a slowly dying franchise.

I'm not sure Miami moving to Sunday "will improve the time periods they’re going into.” (Nina Tassler) but rather improve the chance of nobody bothering to watch. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but as the weeks move forward to premiere day and hearing the news about how Miami was severely delayed last night (to be frank, most of us were expecting it anyhow at some point)...I'm very skeptical that it was the right move. Maybe it was for Hawaii 5-0, but certainly not Miami. That being said, I can understand the move on some levels but the show has provided CBS with a buttload of money and it deserves better than to be shafted to SUNDAY of all nights.

I can't say I wish Hawaii 5-0 or any other new show would fail but I'm still not in love with the big switch-ups CBS has been going through lately.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  5. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Oh boy....how could it get any worse? CBS really has no sense in putting the show on a Sunday...just because we get the least views in the franchise doesnt mean people dont wanna watch it. Look at the other two, Thursday and Friday, great days why can't they just put the other show on Sunay instead....what's trying to get more views if you're just going to lesson some from another show? Oh thats right, THERE WONT BE A GAIN in viewers at all! :scream:

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:alienblush: This is what I get for being too lazy to go back to the last page & read the other comments, lol. Thanks for the info. :D

90 minute delay, huh.....if it continues this way into the new season then I'll be missing alot of episodes -- with work the next day & my kids getting off to school, I can't stay up that late waiting around for the show to come on, & I imagine I'm not the only one with that type of schedule.

ETA: maybe they should try moving CSIMiami to 8pm (central is my time) & Undercover Boss to 9 -- at least that way if it runs behind there's more people who would likely still be up to watch it. *shrugs*

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Because of the 90-minute delay, the repeat wasn't shown here at all. After UB, local news came right away next, then Jeopardy and then CSI: Miami weekends. Not sure with the pacific and mountain time zones.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I went to bed but I was told the same,Undercover Boss,local new and the CSI:Miami weekends. I know this was only a repeat we missed,but I hope the entire season isn't going to be a hit or miss for fans.

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I hear the sound of a bugle far in the distance playing "Taps". :(

It doesn't appear that CBS cares about CSI Miami or CSI NY. (While Friday night may not backup NY up with sports, it's no better time slot and a case could be made for it being worse.)

It would seem that they've placed these shows purposely in time slots that will bring about their cancellation. And TPTB don't appear to be very engaged either. They've ensured the show will continue to be ratings challenged by not doing anything positive to energize the current fans or bring in any new fans.

And to what purpose? If they want to cancel, then as Geni said, give them the send off they deserve as shows that have generated significant revenue for the network over the years.

Give both the shows, and their fans, the respect they deserve ... something that has always been in short supply with the arrogance of TPTB, at least on CSI Miami. :scream:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I actually thought when I first heard about the move to Sunday that they were trying to bring Miami to an end (a bigger case could be made for NY since Friday night seems to have been a graveyard for shows for quite a while). The show isn't going to be helped by having the start delayed until at least December because of the NFL.

One would think that someone would be done to try and counter balance this, but tptb and the writers aren't doing the show any favors with the unoriginal, rehashed, increasingly unpopular characters and storylines. At it will be a shame if this IS the last year. We'll know some about one character, way too much about a couple of others and virtually nothing about the rest.:(

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  11. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:pWhat further proof do we need?
    :wtf:As one who watches CBS primetime about 75% of time, I've listened to CBS touting BBT's move to Thursday at least a dozen times every single night; this, of course, in addition to the constant barrage of ads for NCIS, NCIS LA, Good Wife, Hawaii 5-0, and every frigging reality show;
    :wtf:I've seen exactly two (that's 2) ads announcing CSI M's move to Sundays and 2 announcing CSI NY's move to Fridays;
    :wtf:CSI Miami's premiere isn't scheduled until October 3, to make room for a two-hour Undercover Boss premiere on September 26th;
    :wtf:Last Sunday, which was announced as CSI M's first showing on Sunday, Miami was dropped when the PGA ran 90 minutes over. No warning, no explanation.
    Now, CBS has announced a 4-episode lead off for BBT's new day. I have yet to see any hoopla planned for CSI M or CSI NY.
    As DeLynn said, "I hear the sound of a bugle far in the distance playing 'Taps'". :( DeLynn, it's a lot closer than we think.
    Programmed obsolescence is factored into every product on the market. Is a television show any different?
    :rolleyes:It's clear if a show survives past its projected period, the network simply puts into place the various blocks necessary to insure its demise as originally planned. Both CSI Miami and CSI New York are on that slickened slope.

12. yen35

yen35 Witness

Its terrible if the network deliberately put them in these times just so that they'll get cancelled! Thats like in an office - the boss telling people who have worked there a long time to shift to a dingy little office where they won't be noticed, even tho they've done good work for the past few years, because he wants to give the nice, spacious offices to the newbies!

I also agree that if they want to 'throw these shows out', they should give them a proper send off. This year, I read in a Time magazine, a 2 page article on 'Lost' and its finale. One point in the article was that this show 'Lost' went out on its own terms without waiting for the ratings to fall like some other shows which started off very high and won awards but 4 years later got cancelled due to low ratings. Maybe they meant 'Ugly Betty', I don't know. But I hate for CSIM to end up this way. Knowingly shifting it to a night where people may not watch because of the delays due to sports is really not a very nice move by the network.

By making reference to 'Lost', I don't remotely mean CSIM should end like 'Lost' did! I am still at a loss trying to figure out the final season of 'lost'!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  13. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

You've heard of the pros and cons? Well, I can think of one BIG pro when it comes to CSI: NY moving to Friday. I can't even think of one teeny, tiny, itty, bitty pro when it comes to CSI: Miami moving to Sunday.
    For those of you with enquiring minds: the one BIG pro to CSI: NY moving to Friday is now I don't have to choose between CSI: NY on CBS or Dog The Bounty Hunter on A & E on Wednesday. Yes, I admit it: I like Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  14. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

When they first announced the move, I was disappointed but I never imagined that it would be this bad. I'm really starting to think that this might be the last season. What a horrible way to bring about the end of a show. It's unfair to the viewers, the actors, the crew, and everyone else who has given so much over the years to make CSI:Miami such a success. As Delynn (I think it was Delynn?) mentioned, it generated so much revenue for CBS.

That's ok, I like it too. :) I have a bit of a crush on Leland.

15. slower

slower Lab Technician

I'm going to try and stay positive. I love Miami and will continue to watch on Sunday. To me it is no different; if you love the show, watch. As for people having to work the next day; they have to work on tuesday anyway. :)

Football season shouldn't have too much affect on the show; esp. PST when games are 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. with a few night games during the season. It really is no different than being pre-empted for a special or going up against Monday night football (which is a big ratings grabber).

IMO I think that CBS felt that Miami was strong enough to hold that time slot and with the lead in from "Undercover Boss"; may boost ratings pulling in some who otherwise don't watch Miami. IDK :shifty:

I will show my support; even tho I think some storylines need improvement or toned down. :)