Grade 'Vacation Getaway'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 26, 2010.

?

How would you grade Vacation Getaway?

1. A+

20 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. A

15 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. A-

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. C

13 vote(s)
    13.4%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  11. D

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  13. F

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. CSINYADDICT99

CSINYADDICT99 Hit and Run

The only things bad about this episode in my opinion are;

Slightly boring DLL moments,
    and
    Darn annoying cliffhanger!

Apart from them it was great!:)

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Adam told Flack, as I recall, that up along the coast where Danny & Lindsay were that the coverage was real spotty.

As far as leaving a cell phone at home... when I was growing up my parents didn't even own cell phones - no one really did. People did manage to live for thousands of years without cell phones. And to this day my dad rarely has his phone with him and if he does the vast majority of the time it isn't even on.

Also, I doubt they wouldn't be able to contact anyone if they wanted to. I have never stayed in a hotel where the wasn't a phone - and it wasn't like they were in the middle of nowhere, they were surrounded by people on the beach.

3. MesserNMontana

MesserNMontana Victim

best episode by far. i loved the family messer aspect of it. im glad his daughter and his wife were involved in the danger and not just sitting somewhere finding out and worrying about danny.

4. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Thank you. I agree. The finale was not that bad. I think that it was just bad for the people who don't like DL because there was a lot. But if you look past that, the episode is actually pretty good. I like the fight between Danny and Shane Casey. This season I haven't really seen Danny go into action or anything so I enjoyed that. The only thing I didn't like was Danny's orange shirt. It was hideous. :lol:

5. MesserNMontana

MesserNMontana Victim

i think danny looks good in everything :)

6. CSIaholic

Yeah, I guess you're right. But I hate orange and I hated that shirt.
    But yeah, Danny is really good-looking!! They need to give him another shirtless scene or at least him in a wife beater :drool:

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I did look past the DL garbage and all I found was more garbage. Shane Casey reduced to batshit insane where he was once a very good villian. The entire team carrying the idiot ball to advance the plot. Shane surviving the fall off the lighthouse and getting into the nursery unnoticed. My F grade wasn't based soley on The Messer Family Fun Times.

8. CSIaholic

Well, when you spend three years in jail, sometimes you become a bit insane.

And I don't think that the DL was garbage but that's just me. But like I said on the other thread, I think that the writers need to tone down on the DL a little but to please people who obviously don't like the DL relationship at all.

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I agree. Nothing is garbage about people getting married and having a baby. That's life. Let's face it. It's perfectly normal. Having vacation isn't garbage too especially if it's the first time. :lol: Give these people a break! But I won't deny the finale has some problems.

10. PerfectAnomaly

Showing Happy Messer Family Fun Time on a crime drama is garbage IMO. The way DL has been handled from the start and continues to be handled is garbage IMO. The fact that I don't think Anna Belknap and Carmine Giovinazzo have any romantic chemistry whatsoever is garbage IMO. The fact that they had to create a story that never happened on screen to shoehorn in the actress' pregnancy and continue a story line they obviously had intended to end is garbage IMO. Why should I "give these people a break?" I'm entitled to an opinion just like people who love everything about DL are. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my original point was that it can't be said that everyone who hated the finale only hated it because they hate DL. I found plenty to hate about the finale aside from DL.

11. CSIaholic

I understand that you don't like DL but I think that calling it garbage is just plain rude. You can say that you don't like it and express your feelings on why you don't like it, but I really don't think that you should call it garbage. Because it's not. And you don't know that they intended to end the storyline. They could have had another way to get them back together but they just decided to write in the pregnancy instead. And I know that you are entitled to an opinion. No one ever said that you weren't. We are just giving our opinions just like you are giving yours.

And I don't think that the finale was bad. I think that it was how the whole Shane Casey storyline was handled in general. If the storyline had a better buildup and was written better, I think that the finale wouldn't have been such a let down for some people.

12. PerfectAnomaly

IMO it is. I'm not telling you that you can't say it's not garbage or that you liked the DL in the episode so I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

Everything pointed to the, at least temporary, end of DL until TPTB decided to include Anna's pregnancy in the story line. And actually, telling me to "give them a break" and telling me that my opinion that it was "garbage" is wrong is basically telling me I'm not entitled to an opinion.

I agree the whole Shane Casey storyline was handled badly, but the way the finale was handled was still terrible regardless of how the story was handled previously. The entire team had to abandon logic to advance the plot and Shane Casey was no longer the intelligent, evil villian. IMO he was a cartoon of what he used to be. Again, my point was that you can't make a blanket statement that people who disliked the finale did so because of DL. That's just not true. I wouldn't say everyone who loved the finale did so just because they loved the DL vacation moments, because that wouldn't be true either.

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Sure you do. No one's keeping you from doing so. I have an advice. Please be nice. Step outside breath some fresh air. This is just a forum. Don't take everything so seriously. :thumbsup:

14. CSIaholic

I agree :)

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Can everyone here please chill out? Remember, post about the show and not other posters. Feel free to debate someone's point, but don't tell them they're rude for having an opinion on the show that differs from yours. And rolleyes smileys rarely help a situation.

I'm interrupting my own vacation getaway to post this! :p So everyone, please play nice. Thanks, guys.