Grade 'Vacation Getaway'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 26, 2010.

?

How would you grade Vacation Getaway?

1. A+

20 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. A

15 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. A-

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. C

13 vote(s)
    13.4%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  11. D

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  13. F

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Season finale time! Give the last episode of CSI: NY's sixth season a watch and let us know what you thought.... :cool:

2. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

So... I don't know yet haha I mean it was a good episode the " Happy Family" vibe was played up WAY to much in my opinion. I guess it was alright but meh. the ending was a surprise, but a bit of a let down because we have all been discussing the whole oh no Lucy had been grabbed what do we do now?
    I'm a little excited for the new season, it could do either way, all in all I rated this one a B

3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Um. Okay, so I've seen it. And I know there are going to be people happy enough with this episode, and I don't want to rant or whine or spoil it for anyone. But it was like every problem I've had with S6 was rolled into a package and crammed into this one hour; I really didn't like it.

No one died, btw. So that was a blatant lie. Not much indication that anyone other than Shane Casey will in the premiere, either (since if he could hold a gun to one or more of the Messers for over five minutes and not even try to pull the trigger, I'm not exactly holding my breath).

And the actors all did a great job, too, I bought their performances; but not even Clark Gable and Vivian Leigh could make me enjoy that much utterly pointless DL fluff in one episode of a crime show. Or believe that Casey would go that far off the deep end just over an obsession to "shoot the messenger". Because that was his entire motive, shooting the messenger. Because Danny destroyed his illusion of his big brother, and because Danny and other cops dared lock him and his brother up for, you know, killing people :rolleyes:. Damn, how anticlimactic.

That said, he was still the best part of this episode. I loved Edward Furlong's performance. Mostly. I think one of the most disappointing parts is that Casey's game was nowhere near as intricate or compelling as it was in "Hung Out to Dry". The most he did was hang his accomplice (I think that's who the guy was); and I realize he was on a shorter deadline, but still can't figure out why, if he wanted to get to Danny in a hurry, he'd specifically leave clues to let the police know where he was headed. The one thing that prevented Shane from getting caught before he got to the Messers was Danny leaving his cellphone at home and Lindsay not turning hers on.

Yeah....All the non-idiocy that the sneak-peek suggested (that D/L went on the trip thinking Shane was in custody) was wiped out within three seconds -_-** :shifty: Gah. I came this close to cheering when Shane actually showed up and pointed a gun at them, because at least something was finally happening, and they kinda sorta totally deserved to be that blindsided after being that careless with their safety. They knew Shane was on the loose because Mac told them; they had no clue when or if the team would actually catch him, and the plan was to not bring cellphones? (or turn them on?)

And what's with the buildup of the lighthouse if nothing of importance happens there? The cliffhanger takes place in Danny and Lindsay's home, and everyone alive at the lighthouse was still alive there.

Honestly, I didn't really like any of the characters in this episode. There wasn't much to like, it was the DLL Cliche Show with the others there for case exposition (which is essentially most of what I've hated about S6. Character individuality, dynamic, development.. what do those mean again?). To be fair, Lindsay had some parts I laughed at and liked, Flack too. I'll watch again to see if Adam did, but off the bat I don't remember any. And the episode did start off with some promise. For some reason, the exchange between Casey and the officer who was guarding him cracked me up :lol:

So. I really wanted to like it, but I found myself facepalming more than I actually enjoyed it. I couldn't. I probably will watch the S7 premiere, if only because I'm kind of hoping that this was the lame part one of a two-part story (part ones usually are), and the conclusion will be that much better. The upside: unlike Pay Up, I don't exactly see this episode as a hard act to follow, so it's not like the conclusion can really disappoint.

Won't grade until I watch it again, because right now I'm just disappointed and I know I'm in ranty mode. It's a first impression. The grade would be a C-/D+ if I graded now.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm not even going to watch now. Every fear I've had about the finale sounds true so I'm just going to save myself the misery and possible projectile vomiting.

ETA: This show has officially jumped the shark and turned into a steaming pile of garbage.

ETA2: So I decided it was unfair to judge the show without seeing it. I'm seven minutes in and it's already worse than I thought.

--Divorce that psycho, Danny. She's obviously f*cking nuts. :wtf:

--Yeah, they've earned a few days off. They've both should've earned a suspension for losing Danny's badge and hiding it. :rolleyes:

--Let's see Mac, he got out of jail by stealing Danny's badge and posing as him. What could he possibly be trying to tell you?? :rolleyes:

--Boring couple is boring.

--God the team is stupid. It took them that long to figure out the symbols corresponded to numbers on the keyboard. :rolleyes:

--So Shane Casey's face is all over the news and he's able to visit the museum unnoticed?

--Gag.

--OK, Flack. That was mildly amusing.

--No shit, Sherlocks. How you wouldn't assume he's after Danny from the get go is beyond me. :rolleyes:

--Gag.

--Boring couple is even more boring.

--OK, that was gross.

--I bet Carmine Giovinazzo wants to kill himself. I know I would if I was him.

--And she used her cell phone and the 847 messages they've sent her didn't pop up at all. :rolleyes:

--Well there's 20 minutes left and they're already at the lighthouse. Why am I feeling like this isn't going to be a climatic ending. :rolleyes:

--I absolutely hate it when they take great criminals and just turn them batshit insane for no reason. He should have no reason to hate Danny, let alone this reason. :rolleyes:

--What??? So much for the cliffhanger ending. :wtf:

--At least they have each other. Gag.

--WTF?? He lived? Seriously?? WTF?? :rolleyes:

OK. So the ending had me going WTF? But not in a good way.

BIG FAT F

5. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

Well, I'm 14 minutes in and I turned it to Transformers. From what I saw, I agree with PerfectAnomaly and think that there is a shark about to be jumped over.

I may tune into the end, but I just can't stand the writing.

Edit: I turned it back for a second and Flack was hilarious. "This guy is like five nuggets short of a Happy Meal. Now he has a code of ethics?"

2nd Edit: So I watched the end 'cause my mom wanted to watch it. Anyway, the ending was such bull crap. I bet that Lindsay somehow got a gun out of the pillow (wtf?) and shot Casey. This was just solid crap. It wasn't the acting. It was the story *eye roll*

Solid F

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~ I only missed 20 minutes. I win. Fastest shower I've ever taken.
    ~ I come in, and they're talking numerology. I've always wished that I knew numerology.
    ~ Have you checked a keyboard? Oh look.
    ~ "Sorry Adam." Hee.
    ~ One second, though, because I have to say something: Seriously, show? Why are you so incapable of keeping this guy in prison? This is his third escape. Put him in a better cell, for God's sake.
    ~ I love the museum chick hovering in the background seeing if they take her money.
    ~ "From the car? We're 100 yards from the ocean!" I've said that to my grandmother. Grandmothers never listen when it comes to pictures, Danny. Lindsey can take as many pictures as she wants, because she might be a bit afraid.
    ~ I'm trying to fight the fact that I think Danny and Lindsey are cute.
    ~ "This guy's like 5 nuggets short of a Happy Meal. Now he's got a code of ethics?" I love you, Flack.
    ~ Stalker!vision.
    ~ It's just a tad creepy that they're searching their apartment. I understand that they're trying to find them, it's just kinda weird.
    ~ Okay, so Danny's the one that wouldn't bring a cellphone. Which makes Lindsey smarter than Danny in case of emergencies, apparently.
    ~ "We having fun yet?" Well, they were. Five seconds ago.
    ~ "Get out of here." "Go to hell." I love bitchy Lindsey. When she's being bitchy for a good reason, of course.
    ~ Wait, it's night now? Has Lindsey been wandering around not finding police for all this time?
    ~ Comforting!Stella! Yay!
    ~ Dude. You demanded that Danny found out what happened with your brother. It's not Danny's fault that they found out the truth.
    ~ He's not going to end up like Booth, right?
    ~ I can't help but go "Awww". WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?
    ~ "That's fine with me. That's what pizza delivery's for." Hee.
    ~ Holy crap. How the hell is he still alive?
    ~ Danny, you don't look worried enough, kthnx.
    ~ What was the shot for? Did Shane have a gun? Did I miss that?
    ~ I actually liked the amount that I saw. It wasn't the Criminal Minds finale, but I didn't exactly expect it to be.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Typing as I watch for old time's sake. :)

~ So dramatic. :rolleyes:

~ LOLOL, I don't think I'm supposed to find this hilarious.

~ Oh Flack, you just gave me a serious case of tinglepants. Rawr! :devil:

~ Dumbass, Shane is about to kill you dead until you die from it.

~ LOL slo mo fall.

~ HOLY SHIT SHANE CASEY IS A NINJA!

~ Oh Flack, you're so sexy when you're snarky.

~ Snap, Mac got you, son.

~ HOLY CRAP LUCY DID THE SCRUNCH FACE NOOOOOOO!

~ LOL how have they earned time off? Didn't Danny's stupidity have a lot to do with him getting out in the first place? I mean really. :rolleyes:

~ Why does that place have money all over the walls? :wtf:

~ Yeah right, Mac must have super awesome eyesight if he saw that immediately.

~ Adam does not have time for dis bullsh*t

~ Wow, clunky exposition is clunky. :rolleyes:

~ 'Stella, Hawkes and Adam'...should have sex. (What, sue me, they're hawt. :shifty:)

~ "Really?" Oh, Adam. :lol:

~ I got the stars/stripes thing before Hawkes and Stella did. They should hire me or something.

~ A skull folded from bills? Sweet!

~ *lip curls*

~ No moment is wasted - should have known Danny's shirt would be significant.

~ Of course Flack noticed what Danny was wearing. *waggles eyebrows*

~ Pack the blue bikini? Augh, really? I'm resisting the urge to stab myself in the ears.

~ Choked with a hammer? Well, that's vaguely sexual. :wtf:

~ Sid grew up in the Hamptons? LOL

~ Oh for the love of God, I'm so sick of Messer Family Tiems.

~ What the hell doesn't Mac know? I mean really, even Super!Mac could use Google sometimes.

~ This show is so dramatic. 'One kept the light while the other stayed in the shadows.'

~ I bet it's because Danny took away his faith in his brother or something...

~ OMG UR BEING CHASED BY MARTHA STEWART RUUUUUUUN!

~ Dun dun duuuuuun, Shane Casey!

~ Flack, go save the damsel in distress.

~ Exposition? Now? Ugh.

~ Crap, I was actually right about Shane's motives?

~ Geez, y'all keep spitting. Yuck.

~ Hurry up, Flack, the damsel in distress is getting his ass kicked up there.

~ Really? That was it? Let dooooooown.

~ Ten bucks says Shane survived the fall.

~ Poor Flack gets a consolation hug from Stella. DAMNIT, GIVE US MANHUGS, SHOW!

~ 'At least they have each other'? Corny!

~ I bet he steals the baby right out of the apartment or something.

~ LOL it would help if I cared about y'all's marriage right now.

~ Oh look, Shane has Lucy. I'm so surprised.

~ Gunshot? I bet Lindsay grabbed her gun when she got up and shot him. I should make a bet before September that that's what happened.

~ Oh wait, uh, I mean OH MY GOODNESS!

8. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Watched tonight's finale, Lucy is adorable!! Perfectly casted as Danny's daughter. Linsday shouldn't have hesitated to get out of there with Lucy when Danny told her to, I know she is concerned for Danny but think of your child! Poor Lucy was scared.

I knew Shane wasn't dead when he fell into the water, that would be too easy. That had to have been scary for Danny to see Shane holding his daughter.

Good prediction Faylinn!

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm still trying to figure out how any of this was worse than decapitating someone. :wtf: Watching someone being decapitated might be more entertaining than watching this episode was, though. :shifty:

10. miamor44

miamor44 Civilian

I really liked this episode, but then again, I really like the Danny and Lindsay relationship so I was happy to see them because I don't think they have actually had an immense amount of time together on air this season, but hey, to each his own. However, while I loved the Shane Casey part because I really like that older story, I thought that some of this was too much. How could he possibly have survived a ridiculous drop into a rocky ocean....? Whatever, I guess I'll just wait until next year because I do love me some CSI:NY! Overall, I will give this episode an A

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Ugh....if CSI NY is on the chopping block come next year... this will be one of the reasons why.
    Others have put it far better than I could but suffice to say... this episode was AWFUL. Sad to say, but many of the shows I liked such as Cold Case and Without A Trace have suffered from a decline in writing once the strike was over. CSI NY has sadly up with them.. with this episode being the toppings of a very bad sundae.

12. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I think they were referring to us having to sit through this :rolleyes: I just can't believe this whole thing went down. I felt like I was Mr. Spock dealing with Kirk because I found this all very illogical.

13. uscrocks

uscrocks Civilian

Casey living it so not possible but they ignore that for a storyline.

As for the cliffhanger. I have a few ideas. One of which is that Lindsay somehow shots Casey. How I have no idea, since he would probably see her. Maybe there is a fight for the gun and Casey gets shot. They need to kill that guy. Body and all.

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Hey everyone, there's a mini-marathon of CSI: NY on TNT right now. It's season 4. You might want to watch it.

Well the finale was not as great as the other but not that awful. It was good. A-

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

One thing did interest me. Shane didn't seem to know who Lindsey was. If he didn't, if he'd find out that she was a CSI too, would he have wanted her dead, too? Because he was furious at Danny, but in general seemed angry at the entire CSI team. Danny was just "the messenger."