Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Jasmine - I'm definitely looking forward to the Adam storyline. Mac needs to give him a stern talking-to for chatting on the job, and then someone needs to comfort the man about the fact that he's not going to lose his job, the poor woobie. :lol:

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Welcome to the forum Jasmine!!I'm also very excited for the next season with all these spoilers and especially Adam's character.The pictures from the show's set are also great too!Thanks a lot!!:guffaw:

3. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Thanks everyone!!

Adam always has me cracking up so I am glad that he is going to get some screen time. I missed him last season. But yeah, he needs a BIG hug and some reassurance that he's not going anywhere :)

4. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

What choice do they have, really? They've got a show to film... They can't really dwell on the negative, it doesn't work that way in that business.

5. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

I am excited about Sela Ward being on the show but I can't help but feel weird because Melina isn't going to be there. I mean, Stella was a main character and was there A LOT. A lot more than some of the other characters so for her to just be gone, it's just weird. But I'm not gonna say anything bad about Sela Ward since I haven't even seen her on CSI: NY yet.

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

:lol::lol:No kidding, right?

EDNA's looking good. :lol:

I personally don't have a problem with Adam chatting online with someone while on-the-clock. For anyone who watches Criminal Minds, Garcia sometimes does the same thing, which is entertaining. It may not be right, but there are worst ways to advance a plot, and it's possible Adam may just have been on a break.

Are Adam Bryant's interviews with the cast going to be transcripted somewhere, by any chance? It'd be interesting to see what was said.

7. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I don't see where writing her pregnancy into the show, at this point, would be an issue. The first one was huge because she wasn't married, and there was all this unresolved stuff with Danny. But now that they are married and have one child already, her being pregnant could just exist in the background of the show. The only thing it would affect would be her ability to be out in the field and if she has the anger issues and is seeing a department counselor they could continue that storyline as a way to not put her in the field.

8. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

I was happy when Anna first got pregnant. I should be happy again but I'm not this time. Maybe I'm too selfish and don't understand the happiness of making family. But she's an actor for god's sake! She has a role to play and tptb have plans on how they will produce the show and there are thousands of viewers all over the world. Why she keep getting pregnant? Doesn't she have any work ethic or something? Now whatever plan tptb planed will be reconsidered when the other actress NY had is gone and new character will probably garner quite a lot of anti-fans for various reasons. And she doesn't even have any plan to leave the show! :rolleyes:

I don't want Anna to leave the show. I just want her to do her job and now is extremely difficult time for NY with crappy demo and airtime moving to Friday. Some people here would be annoyed or even furious after read my posting and I'm sorry, but this is what I'm thinking.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It is possible to be pregnant and do your job at the same time. If she is pregnant TPTB does not have to include it in the show.

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Emily Proctor is like 5 months pregnant, and they are not writing it into the show. They didn't write Anna's first pregnancy into the show either. As far as I know there's no confirmation that she IS in fact pregnant. No announcement or anything. So far it's just speculation, it's too early too get all worked up about something that may or may not be true.

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I didn’t mean to bring up the whole is-she-isn’t-she pregnancy issue, it got caught in a quote I was trying to make. :alienblush: Truthfully, there hasn't even been any confirmation on whether she's pregnant at all -- I’m not sure she is, although it’s great if she is. I wouldn't want to see it in the show, but if TPTB don't have any rights over her body, she's welcome to continue having a family if she wants. I definitely get not wanting the show (and any future plans they have for it) wrecked, but at the end of the day, it shouldn't have to come down to job vs. family.

12. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

You are right. But seeing the picture it's quite obvious to me. And in Emily's case, as far as I remember she once indicated her hope of writing the pregnancy into the show in an interview. But that's a different story.

You are absolutely right Maya. :) But there also is something called 'work ethics'.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Having a good "work ethic" does not imply that Anna (or any other woman in the entertainment industry) should restrict herself from having children. If she wants to expand her family, that is a decision that only she and her husband can make, and it does not reflect poorly on her work ethic. By all accounts, she has done all that she was physically capable of doing while she was pregnant - and I believe the courtroom scene in "Sleight Out of Hand" was filmed just a few weeks after she gave birth.

However I may feel about the show's handling of her pregnancies, there's no arguing that Anna worked hard while she was pregnant and after she gave birth. I think that's a perfect example of good work ethic. ;)

BTW, I don't think I've posted on this topic recently, so I thought I'd comment on what others have said to suggest that Anna might not be pregnant and that we've been jumping to conclusions. I agree that the pictures we're basing this pregnancy assumption on could just be blamed on the camera angle and/or the dress she was wearing (or having a bit of a tummy bulge, which is certainly okay). I think people jump to the pregnancy conclusion because she's already had two children while working for the show. Plus, I remember people commenting on a promo picture from season three and how they thought she looked pregnant way before I noticed anything, and they turned out to be right. :lol: It's very possible that she's not pregnant right now. Considering how private the members of this cast tend to be, we might not know for a while even if she is. :p It's certainly not intended as an insult to wonder, but I can see why people would be uncomfortable with the speculation. Unfortunately, the nature of the internet and fan boards and the lack of topics to discuss over the hiatus means that we're more likely to chew over a topic ad nauseam, even if we know it might just be an incorrect speculation. ;)

14. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

If you are on a tv show of high profile and has a quite regular filming schedule, that means you have to avoid changing your body condition as it suits you. It's different from being ill because you can't choose when you ill, but you can choose when to pregnant. That's the difference. If you are not on a job like that, it won't be a problem. But if you are an actress on a tv show in progress and being watched every Wednesday(or Friday), you shouldn't because She's not one of the producers to decide where the show goes and what to do with a character. You can say that it wasn't her decision, it was tptb's call. But she made them inevitably change their plans. Not once, twice, and maybe there will be another time. That's not a good work ethic in my book. But obviously you have different ideas. :)

I think it's pretty clear that she's pregnant but I can be wrong and I see why people want to avoid speculation so I will not bring up this topic anymore. :)

15. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

What have all those ridiculous story lines to do with procedural crime scene work? You guys must be talking about another TV show LOL, because I thought season 6 was just a very bad dream and they would be back on the right track this upcoming season. It almost looks like the writers have a bet going on how fast they can bring down a successful TV show. And if they keep going like this, it won't take that long. I'm just sorry for the cast who has to deal with all that "creative" garbage that's put on paper!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.