Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm a little bit confused too about Gideon and Hotch in earlier seasons. At least now, it's clear that Hotch is the unit chief.

I love Garcia and Morgan (funniest pair on all shows I watch), Hotch and Garcia (awesome contrast of chatacters), and also others that have been mentioned.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I think either in this thread or that last we had this same or similar discussion if you might want to look farther into it that. Just saying this because there might be more info then what I might add here. ;)

There are several different versions, the one I know about is that before the nervous break down (ie prior to the show starting) he was the unit chief, after the break down Hotch was named unit chief.
    Now this is where it gets wierd, apparently the other story goes that when he was reinstated it was as unit chief, which moved hotch out of that position but into one where he would have to keep an eye on him to make sure he could handle coming back to work, eventually Gideon steps down from UC this allowed Hotch to take back over the role of UC.

In ep 2x23 "No Way Out (2): The Evilution of Frank" Gideon says the following to Hotch.
    Gideon: Hey, Hotch. You're the best unit chief I know.
    Hotchner: Jason, I'm the only unit chief you know.

Before joining the FBI, Hotch worked as a prosecutor for the District Attorney's office. It was referenced on the show about him being a former attorney, so that means except as an agent or when it is warrented to help a case he doesn't actively practice law anymore. In 3x1 "Doubt"
    Gideon: How long can you hold that lawyer off?
    Hotchner: Are you kidding? I was a prosecutor; I can hold him off for days.

Hope this helps some.

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

That's great, Destiny. Knowing these things might help me with fanfic, too.

Re: Hotch and Garcia interactions. I always find them fascinating, because they come from such different backgrounds. We know that in the past Garcia spent some time "underground" after her parents died, but Hotch was probably in a prep school in his past. I like to watch the contrast and how they both really respect each other.

4. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was a bit confused during season 1 and season 2. Thank you Destiny for answering some of my questions. I agree Geeno least there is no doubt in our mind now, who's the boss now!

That's funny HnStetlerfan I'm thinking about writing a fanfiction as well. I had started writing one for CSI-NY but I'm starting to think it might make a better Criminal Minds FanFic. I don't know, I'm debating it.

P.S. NHRFan - wanted to tell you love your sig and avatar!

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thanks for clearing, Destiny! Wow, I didn't know Hotch was a prosecutor!

6. CCA

CCA Police Officer

So I finally decided the one thing I'd like to see in Season 6. Hotch smiling. Though I know after everything he went through in Season 5...its so rare and maybe thats what makes that more special when we see him smile. I want to see the team to try and find a way to make him smile. That's on my wish list, and of course like I said me like whumpage. Probably won't get any, but I can dream right ;)

7. Destiny

Twitter time... With Semi spoilers...

JM:

-Hey you Joan of Arcadia fans, look who is guest starring on Criminal Minds....

Michael Welch!

[NOTE: Michael played the science nerd son Luke Girardi on JOA]

-There is another JOA cast member in this episode with him......should I tell????

-It is Chris Marquette

[Note: Chris played Joans Boyfriend Adam on JOA]

8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

You want "whumpage", but you want Hotch to smile? I didn't know what whumpage meant so I looked it up and saw that it's Hurt/Comfort without the Comfort. Hasn't Hotch been through enough? :eek:

JM likes to play with his followers. It cracks me up. :lol:

9. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I'm a sick individual, what can I say? There no such thing as somebody being through to much hahah, unless they are going to have a mental break down and leave the show then I'd say it was to much :lol:

So I noticed a few things lately in the earlier episodes that I logged into my brain, being a newbie and wanted to see what y'all think. First, Reid never shakes anybody's hand. Why is that? Also, Garcia if you ever look at her at tv that is flashing the news she's always watching some kind of car chase, and sometimes I've noticed its the same one.

I also noticed, when they were coming into their own, two things would always be said "Something is wrong with the profile," and "Something is not right."

Random blabbering sorry haha

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I noticed that about Reid too. I wondered if maybe he's a bit of a germophobe (sp?) like Howie Mandel is.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Yeah I also think he's a germaphobe.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

JM looks like a really nice guy.Thanks destiny.

CCA,I love when they say:"Something is wrong with the profile".:lol: But in respect to Hotch,it's time to take him to a bar .He can take Rossi or Emily but fun is the word.

13. Destiny

Tweet, Tweet, Tweeting we go.

JM:
    -Said Guest Stars Click If You Like spoilers [NOTE: the URL title is mine not his]
    -It's old home week!
    -They are both such fine young men. I'm so proud of the them.
    -Hey Cubs fans, Ernie Banks son Joey is on the Criminal Minds crew!

MGG:
    -I want to run away and join the circus. Who's coming with me?

ETA: More Tweets

JM:
    -Goofing around between takes.

TG:
    -RT @ JoeMantegna Goofing around between takes... Manny, Moe, and Pinocchio! [NOTE: TG's Response after dots]

MGG:
    -I can almost smell October

Someone posted (and this is a rumor going around again) that Shemar got married. They asked Joe on his Facebook and here is the answer from Joe. -- Joe Mantegna No.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  14. Destiny

I am running so behind on the tweets, sorry about that. Time to play catch up going from old tweets to new.

JM:
    -A well deserved day off.
    -@ [Name Removed] 8 days to film but several more days to cast, scout locations and edit. [NOTE: Question How long does it usually take to shoot 1 episode of Criminal Minds?]
    -The average day for the actors is about 14 hours
    -Not too much. Our great crew move it along pretty good. Much less than making a film. [NOTE: Question How much of that is just waiting around? ]

Okay just have to add this cause its sweet. Between Gia & Joe M.
    -Hi @ JoeMantegna! I miss you dad!
    -@ GIAMANTEGNA Miss you too babe. Knock em dead.

MGG:
    -First things first I'm gonna buy a 3-D TV and then I'm gonna finally watch "remains of the day" as it was meant to be seen
    -that last tweet was a joke
    -doesn't it suck when you have to explain a joke? haha” I know.. I feel so lame, like I failed at being hilarious

Interesting From JM's Facebook
    Q: Do you speak Italian?
    A: Just a little.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Aww! That's sweet. Glad you included it, Destiny.

:lol: Poor Matt having to explain his jokes. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.